Law Enforcement Appreciation Day

If you see a member of Law Enforcement today, thank them for their service!! There are so many men and women, putting their lives on the line for our safety and their families also sacrifice for the sake of their service!

sports fan sports fan
Jan '19

Thank you to all of these men and women that keep us safe and are always there to help and serve our community...God Bless and Protect you all....

joyful joyful
Jan '19

A great big THANK YOU to all who protect and serve.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

Lol I forgot to thank the State Trooper who threw his lights on to go through a red light this morning, turned them off immediately, and then proceeded to park on the shoulder a mile down the road. So thanks for creating a potential hazard for some unknown reason!

In the spirit of this thread, though, thanks for doing the job you chose. I appreciate your choice and am glad you made the choice, because your efforts become our benefit. But sorry, no hero worship from me so if that’s what you’re looking for I’m not the guy for that!

justintime justintime
Jan '19

Ah, I love our LEO's. Even as I break traffic laws on a regular basis, I appreciate the efforts of our men and women in blue in what is often very dangerous situations. I especially appreciate how they have handled me when pulled over :>)

As a high schooler, I went on my first ride-along where we caught an auto accident 2-minutes out. New Porsche jump the green while old Chevy pushed the yellow. Porsche driven by the girlfriend. No one hurt, cops just loved it. Then they showed me many cop things like being bored, seeing who goes first when the cop hits the four-way stop, and stuff like that. End of night with a domestic dispute, actually not expected to be a biggee, but cops went in with shotguns explaining, "it we need guns, we need to put them down." That one statement highlighted the extreme danger these folks meet even in the tamest of situations and the way they live between total boredom, extreme anticipation (that something could happen), and adrenaline-laced heart-pounding terror when something does happen. T

Tough job with lots of personal risk in service to the public.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '19

Maybe the washington township cops will give friendly warnings from their speed trap on the mountain

Bug3
Jan '19

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!

Again...
Jan '19

As a law enforcement family member, most people have no idea what police life is like. The shift work is a constant disruption, planned weekend and holidays are nonexistent, and celebrations are never guaranteed for the family. For the officer, every call, every traffic stop, every domestic, and every home invasion, has the potential of being his/her last. When was the last time the average person saw a person blow his brains out, or had to carry a severed hand and patient to the hospital, or delivery a baby in a parking lot. When was the last time you worked a 12 hour shift and then got called out for a fire, a jail run, or to watch for trains through town when the signals weren't working. When was the last time you broke up a drunken brawl with knives, rushed to grab a victim out of a burning car, or had a gun pointed at you. When was the last time you had to inform parents that their son/daughter had died. The stress would destroy most of us. All of these things and more happened to Hackettstown police officers and those elsewhere on a regular basis. All this is not to say the job doesn't have it's rewards. To find a lost child, to see the faces of a family when a family dog is returned, to receive thanks after helping someone with bags of groceries into the house, to help a child wriggle his head out of a railing, or even to return treasured possessions after a burglary. Yes, I appreciate law enforcement everyday. I am sure everyone should.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jan '19

My neighbor growing up, great guy, made it a couple decades with County Police. Leaned over to disengage two wrestlers, leg shot out by accident, caught him in the knee, desk bound, life changed ----- but safe. Made it that far w/o injury, very careful, and in a flash, without malice, life freakin changed.

Glad he was safe, near retirement, and cheerful about life.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '19

in keeping with this day I would like to congratulate 2 young Hackettstown residents on their upcoming Oath of office at tomorrow night's town council meeting:

"Oath of Office and Oath of Allegiance administered to Police Officer Ryan Blankenship.
Oath of Office and Oath of Allegiance administered to Police Officer Robert J. Salus."

Once sworn in, the both will enter the police academy and then become valued members of our force. Thank you gentlemen for selecting this honored profession and best of luck in the academy.

Jim L Jim L
Jan '19

God bless!

maja2 maja2
Jan '19

Thank you to all Law Enforcement Personnel in Hackettstown and everywhere! We need you, and we appreciate you keeping us safe.

Mrs. Pipes```` Mrs. Pipes````
Jan '19

I believe crossing guards should be included in this recognition. They are in constant, physical danger, exposed to cars, coming at them, every minute of their shift....all the while, keeping an eye on your precious babies as well as the rest of the public. They don’t get to direct traffic via sitting in a patrol car. Crossing guards ROCK!

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Jan '19

Why would we NOT want to thank all of our Law Enforcement Personnel ? They do a wonderful job, and sometimes in some very crappy conditions and circumstances.

My appreciation and thanks !!

Bobbob Bobbob
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.