Mansfield ShopRite (Lettuce)

Does anyone know why ShopRite has been really low on all of the different types of greens, in the plastic containers? The ones that are now in the fridge on the far wall? Every time i go in there, it's just about empty.

Again...
Jan '19

The rabbits heard there was going to be a snowstorm and those are their version of milk, bread and eggs?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

It's January...all the New Year's Resolutions diets have begun and everyone is buying extra salad?

Tracy Tracy
Jan '19

I noticed the same. I'm wondering if suppliers are still recovering from the romaine issue? Or if that put some out of business? I don't really get to any other stores so that's my best guess unless it's isolated to this store.

somechik somechik
Jan '19

It seems to be almost all shoprites. Several I've been too all look barren when it comes to lettuce. Shoprites are notoriously bad in their produce selection to begin with. I've ended up going to markets or Costco for greens.

You can always call corporate and ask

https://www.google.com/search?q=ronetco+corporate+offices&oq=ronetco+corporate&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.9547j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:16448800570585714060,rc_q:Ronetco%2520Supermarkets%2520Inc,ru_q:Ronetco%2520Supermarkets%2520Inc

Bug3
Jan '19

The Weis had been really low on lettuces for several weeks, too, but it was back to normal when I went this past Sunday.

Monty Monty
Jan '19

There are more recalls than just Romaine. Plus some other types have had shortages not related to a recall.

I asked about this at Mansfield store & was told it was due to romaine & other lettuce recalls. They're only stocking salads made with spinach or other greens not affected by any recalls.

Went to Walmart yesterday and was going to buy lettuce (they had quite a few wrapped in cellophane on the shelf) and it looked as if all of them had been there for quite a while and already starting to turn brown. Passed on that one!

joyful joyful
Jan '19

ShopRite in Washington was fully stocked as of this morning, but please save some for me! :)

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '19

Makes me feel extra really bad for buying that expired bag :>(

Talk about feeling like "the last man." :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '19

another type of lettuce was also recalled 1-2 weeks ago.

Hackresident Hackresident
Jan '19

It is the beginning of the year, so a lot of people are eating lettuce and salads....I have like three bags which will go in the garbage next week.

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Jan '19

LMAO, BEG... I usually wait three weeks until they're nice and brown and soupy (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

Maybe they didn't pay their bill, and their on C.O.D. You never really know. Just because it's Roneco doesn't mean it can't happen. LOL

auntiel auntiel
Jan '19

lettuce is on a lot of recalls.
try spinach frozen or fresh instead.

PS the Ledgewood Market in Budd Lake is excellent and has very reasonable and fresh produce, everyone. Much better than any S Rite fare.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.