Coffee: Quik Chek vs Wawa

Not looking at price, only flavor. Just wondering what opinions are. I’ve been a QC coffee drinker for years, and have never lived anywhere that Wawa was the norm (instead of QC), so I have very little experience drinking it.

FWIW, I didn’t include Dunkin Donuts, because I haven’t gotten a cup of coffee I’ve enjoyed there for years. Starbucks also not included because I’m looking at regular old coffee, not fancy coffee-shakes, liquid desserts, or espressos LOL.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jan '19

Love QC coffee . . . not flavored just COFFEE !

htownguy htownguy
Jan '19

Our DD sucks period. I think Wawa regular non-flavored is better than QC and fresher at least for now.

Starbucks blonde roast is really good, pike's peak not bad either. I find some of their blends too acidic for my taste. And their coffee isn't all that hot.

WAWA!

Waldo Waldo
Jan '19

Sorry... to be clear, when I said "flavor" I didn't mean flavored coffee... not that there's anything wrong with that... I meant coffee flavored coffee (regular coffee)

Jan '19

Once you try WaWa you’ll go Gaga!

Quick check.

Youfriend Youfriend
Jan '19

https://youtu.be/-f_dxLiuXuw

Lots of bad words, but funny. Reminded me of your comment JR.

Movingsoon Movingsoon
Jan '19

The Wawa coffee tastes a bit better to me and they have more variety of blends than QC. Also Wawa has $1.00 coffee specials a few times a year for any size coffee, QC never offers that. And, Wawa prices for coffee are ballpark .20 cents lower than QC for the same size cup.

Now, if you want coffee that is STRONG, get the Regular from Nykuns, you will be buzzing for hours on end(not that it is bad thing sometimes!).

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Jan '19

I like WaWa better than QC and i like QQC better than DD hands down

I like Starbucks but don't feel like paying 6 dollars for a cup of coffee and certainly dont care for their one sided extreme liberal anti-conservative politics, they are way out there and I wont spend a penny on their product no matter how much i like the coffee.

How does Panera Bread stack up in this discussion?

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jan '19

A 20-ounce cup of brewed coffee at Starbucks is $2.65 plus tax.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

The only $6 plus cups of coffee at Starbucks are sugar drinks with lots of whip cream. That's a little beyond a normal cup of coffee, which can be had for under $3.

A cup of coffee at Starbucks is 2 bucks.

I brew my own. I get fresh beans, grind as I go, and use a French Press. Can't beat the flavor. I also use a Hydroflask, which keeps it warm for ~ 5 hours. I like very strong coffee and use about twice as much as normal to make my brew.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jan '19

What MeisterNJ said, except I usually don't grind my own. Most often we order our coffee ground from nuts.com in their largest bag. We keep it in the freezer.

But for 6 days between closing the sale of our Maplewood house and closing the purchase of our Hackettstown house, I was getting my coffee at Quick Check. I won't go so far as to say it was good, but it was considerably better than I expected it to be. The coffee at the BP station out near the Weis Market is surprisingly decent, too.

Monty Monty
Jan '19

I buy my coffee from Peets or Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Both have excellent French Roasts as well as other good dark roasts. It's better coffee, and I wind up paying less than buying it out. I have to have my coffee fix first thing. I cannot wait until I get on the road.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jan '19

Love me some Peet's. My favorites are the Aged Sumatra and the Arabian Mocha Java. They each make great Cold Brew....

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

First time today at WaWa- Better then QC for my taste .

Kllover Kllover
Jan '19

I never respond on here, but always enjoy reading what everyone else posts. This one I have to rank in on. I am a die-hard fan of QC coffee. I do not care for DD or Starbucks. I do not know that I have ever actually had coffee from WaWa- But, due to how much I know that I enjoy QC original blend I am unlikely to switch now.

Sunshine Girl Sunshine Girl
Jan '19

Nykuns

Wawa over QC but their pots may be new.

Flavored never great, otherwise they would skip the flavor.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jan '19

McDonald’s. $1 any size, and it’s great. It’s the only thing I get there.

Mc's coffee is ok, QC and wawa are better .

steven steven
Jan '19

thanks for the corrections guys, and yeah, agreed, I know Starbucks has regular brews for just under 3 dollars (not 2 dollars) and the 6 dollar ones are the high end fluffy cosmopolitan crapola for hipsters that i never drink anyways. I mostly was making a point about not giving them money due to their strangely extreme and outspoken progressive politics,

I wont support any firm that is that far out there politically, I choose to spend my dollars elsewhere.

I love WaWa coffee, it's better than QC coffee but in a pinch i like them as well, agree the 1 dollar any size coffee at McD's is very drinkable and good to go for a buck.

But I love diner coffee the best,

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jan '19

A small (tall) Starbucks coffee is under $2. I'm tired of people always thinking Starbucks is overpriced. Yes - if you get a fancy coffee drink, it's pricey - stick to a small basic coffee & it's not going to break the bank.

QC- I like extreme caffeine.

auntiel auntiel
Jan '19

No, it's 2.10 for a "grande", which is a pretty decent size. It's comparable to everywhere else (except McDonald's with their $1 coffee).

I'm curious what you consider to be "strangely extreme and outspoken progressive politics". Not putting Jesus on their holiday cups?

GreyHawk probably has a problem with them training their employees about racial biases and acknowledging that racism still exists. Or maybe it's their program that covers tuition costs for all their employees so they can get an education.

Reasonable Reasonable
Jan '19

At the Starbucks I typically go to (Phillipsburg Mall), a Tall (12 ounce) is $1.95, a Grande (16 ounce) is $2.45 and a Venti (20 ounce) is $2.65.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

A grande size is a medium size & yes it’s not under $2. An 8 oz “tall” coffee is under $2

Luca(cell) Luca(cell)
Jan '19

8-ounce size is called "Short" and it costs $1.85... Tall is 12 ounces for $1.95. I find it somewhat odd that they give you the 4 ounces from Short to Tall for a dime but then charge you half a buck for the next four ounces to a Grande.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

agree ianimal, Arabian Mocha Java is really good. Makes a good espresso as well. I usually order a few bags of French Roast, bag of the Mocha Java, and one other that catches my eye (enough to get free shipping). Every six weeks or so. I'll alternate with CB&TL. I find that if I don't order from either for awhile, they send discounts. And the coffee is very comparable, IMO.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jan '19

MB - its the statements and the policies from the since ousted and disgraced CEO that i had problems with, so did millions of other good , decent Americans who stopped going there as a direct result of the hyper-liberal extreme statements and policies. The loss of revenue affected Starbucks bottom line to the point where CEO was replaced. I'm not going back, not for 2 dollars, not for one dollar not for any dollars.

Reasonable - wrong again liberal media, you have no idea what you're talking about

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jan '19

Greyhawk... have I got the coffee company for YOU...

For everyone else, it's actually VERY good coffee.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

yes!!! I know of them and promote them whenever possible, Their coffee is pricey but its for a good cause, Thanks for the reference and the shout out, good stuff man.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jan '19

Available at your local shooting range...

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Jan '19

@GreyHawk: way to turn a discussion about wawa vs QC into your political soap box forum! Howard Schultz was NEVER ousted nor disgraced. He’s an American that came from humble roots (his father was in the military and later a truck driver) to amass a billion dollar fortune. Starbucks employees are treated fairly and paid above average wages. All employees working over 20 hours a week are given an option of affordable healthcare and free tuition.

Starbucks supports local community events, contribute to community growth, and send coffee to our troops. The company is very transparent in its beliefs and that’s not for everyone. However, they continue to grow and evolve as one of America’s most recognizable brands

For the record I drink whichever place will get me in and out quickest. The left turn situation has me going to Wawa in the morning and Quick Chek on the way home.

Mike Wrotch Mike Wrotch
Jan '19

thanks Mike, appreciate where you're coming from, I'll spend my dollars where i want, for my own reasons, which are thought through, solid and good, my points are valid, you don't agree, ok with me, its your right to do so, shop where you want and I'll do the same, Starbucks has a long history of liberal activism, i do agree with you that the college tuition and decent pay rates are a good thing. Its the other stuff i take issue with and he did step aside for the good of the company after sales dipped on his watch after a couple of public policy blunders that disenfranchised a large part of his customer base.

I and many others made the conscious choice to avoid Starbucks for solidly good reasons, but I do honestly appreciate your personal perspective.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jan '19

Had my first Wawa coffee yesterday. I can't judge based on 1 visit, but on that 1 visit, Quik Check wins for coffee flavor. We'll see.

Also: QC always has a liquid non-flavored CoffeeMate available at the coffee station. Wawa only had the tiny powdered individual packs??? Give us a break, drop a bottle of Coffeemate in the coffee station... the only non-flavored, non-dairy creamer (LIQUID) they had at the coffee station was SOY..... blech...

Jan '19

Blech to soy (I agree) but you actually like that off-white mystery liquid of suspect origin? Lactose issue?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

Ian, LOL you'll get no argument from me that CoffeeMate is bad in every way. But I can't drink coffee black (tried numerous times), and I don't enjoy it with just dairy in it. I've come to a compromise of half-dairy/half-fake that I do enjoy... at least I've cut back half on the white mystery chemical....lol

Jan '19

LOL - You don't think the mystery powder doesn't have soy in it too??

Ingedients:

"Corn Syrup Solids, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Coconut and/or Palm Kernel and/or Soybean), Sodium Caseinate (a Milk Derivative)**, Less than 2% of Dipotassium Phosphate, Mono- and Diglycerides, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Artificial Flavor, Annatto Color. **Not a Source of Lactose"

Re: Coffee:  Quik Chek vs Wawa

Here's GC's non-dairy creamer of choice (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

Oh that's gross, ian! LOL!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Jan '19

ianimal - As long as it's fire retardant and my cousin doesn't have access to it, I have no fear of that. ;-)

GC-

there's a difference between a product containing soybean oil and a product made primarily from soybeans...

"Soy Milk" ingredients:
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Natural Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.

Jan '19

America in 2019....where everything, even coffee, is political.

Eperot Eperot
Jan '19

You have to let the Wawa thermoses age a bit at a new store. Get a nice build up inside like the patina on fine furniture. Then decide.

PenwellRd PenwellRd
Jan '19

Anyplace I can get a dollar coffee I’m there!

Alan
Jan '19

Re: Coffee:  Quik Chek vs Wawa

Black rifle coffee will give a bag of coffee to service members overseas for every bag you buy ::

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/buy-a-bag-give-a-bag?orig_to=umnqkwnijsE~fmtt3htr&utm_campaign=1%2F18%2F19%20-%20We%20Give%20a%20Bag%2C%20When%20You%20Buy%20a%20Bag%21%20-%20Gen%20Pop%20B&utm_campaign_id=39798be8-6a29-4af0-890d-423ae3b2fb8a&utm_linkidx=1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pin_email

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jan '19

Tim Horton's is the best... Dark Roast Double/Double

MRobbie MRobbie
Feb '19

So a coffee company being far too extreme one way you won't support. But a coffee company being far too extreme the other way you will support?? Why not just support a place that puts COFFEE over politics?

HTownHick HTownHick
Feb '19

FYI: the Wawa on Mountain Ave. has stopped their "$1 any size coffee" promotion. Guess it was just for the new opening...

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Feb '19

I'll buy my coffee where i like and for my own reasons, not sure i care about getting your personal approval. Starbucks is out and Black Rifle coffee company is in, that's that. Take it or leave it, its all the same to me.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Feb '19

They said that it would go on for 3-6 weeks.

Angela Angela
Feb '19

FYI, all Quick Chek locations are offering free 20 oz. iced coffee every day from May 6th to May 19th. This is to promote their new fresh-brewed iced coffee. Even if you may not prefer QC to Wawa, I always prefer free to paid.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
May '19

free is good , i'll start stopping by , thx for the update!

GreyHawk GreyHawk
May '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.