State Pre-treatment of Roads on 12/5

Does anybody know why the state was treating the roads yesterday in Northern New Jersey

Awesome Awesome
1 week ago

Yes. It was to get ready for the November snow storm :>)

strangerdanger strangerdanger
1 week ago

They were preparing for storm that hit south NJ yesterday

It snowed in South Jersey. So instead of getting yelled at by tax payers for not being prepared, I think they were trying to plan ahead incase it came up this way. So...now they can get yelled at for wasting tax payers dollars...can't win.

YessPlease
1 week ago

Yeah South Jersey it was never coming North!

Awesome Awesome
1 week ago

the governor is acting like an idiot, since he was so heavily criticized when he totally dropped the ball on that first storm we had.

deviljet
1 week ago

Someone should be held accountable for wasting our money

Awesome Awesome
1 week ago

"Someone should be held accountable for wasting our money"

LMAO! It's not that I disagree, it's the fact that all they do is waste our money. Most of the time it's not as blatantly obvious as a bunch of brine trucks driving around when there is no threat of winter weather.

Calico696 Calico696
1 week ago

It’s blatant all right I am on the road a lot and see a lot of wasteful work being done with way too many resources and vehicles it’s amazing it’s able to continue

Awesome Awesome
1 week ago

I was in the caravan of vehicles stuck behind the NJDOT brine truck driving up Route 31 NB Wednesday afternoon around 1:30PM from about Clinton almost up to where 31 meets Rt46 in Buttzville by the now empty Power Gas gas station.

At that time the sun was out and if the average joe pulled out a weather radar app on their phone one could easily see the snow shield was only making it as far north as Ocean County in NJ and pivoting back out to sea.

Everyone is mentioning Gov Murphy as inept but first things first...his self appointed NJDOT Commish has got to go.....Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti

https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/about/commissioner/

Under her watch thousands of vehicles were stranded on major NJ interstates back in March 2018 of this year and AGAIN....AGAIN! with the recent storm last month.

Now we hear about all this wasteful brining leading up to and /or after the fact potential weather events. This incompetence must STOP!

This was the scene back in March 2018 under her watch and was repeated AGAIN just a few weeks ago on just about all the same major roadways!! https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/walking_dead_on_routes_78_280_as_many_drivers_stuck_on_road_for_5_hours.html

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
1 week ago

How does she still have a job. The amount of damage caused by her incompetence yet alone frustration in all of the stranded motorists would have any private worker removed from their position. Must mean the worse you do the better off you are

Awesome Awesome
1 week ago

She should have stayed in Florida

I would guess that after that debacle a couple weeks ago, we are going to see the State DOT overcompensating for that from now on, sending out brine trucks and salting and plowing with every snowflake.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
1 week ago

Should be three strikes, you’re fired.

Under forecasting, over forecasting, and plain stupid can’t be fixed. Move on Murphy and find some talent. Maybe someone who knows what snow and ice are.....

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
1 week ago

Brining the roads for no reason is nothing new around here trust me on that. Saw it on 46 earlier and laughed..no snow for around here in the forecast for many days. You watch they'll do it again Friday before the weekend lol...sad

Itiswhatitis
1 week ago

Point is the depatment is both overreacting and underreacting at the monetary and physical loss to the public.

Maybe its time for a fresh start.

1 week ago

Because Chompers McGee is a complete imbecile. So is his right hand turban man.

It's a TOTAL waste of taxpayers money that NJ doesn't have!! PLUS....it's not good for our cars - so we'll be running them thru car washes and paying for rusted underbody, etc.

I was on Rt. 80 westbound yesterday (12/5) afternoon and was wondering WHY brine was down and then saw on the eastbound side a brine truck spreading. I think the Rutgers weather-guru's have commented on WHY is brine/salting happening when NO mention of SNOW/ICE in forecast for an area.

SS2cats SS2cats
1 week ago

Anyone know how long that “treatment” lasts? I can’t imagine it’s more than, what, 12 hours? The traffic is running over it and effectively scrubbing it like 80mph pencil erasers. I’m sure the State will tell us it will last as long as it doesn’t rain. Yeah, maybe in the shoulder...

Consigliere
1 week ago

Because they are public sector entities that just spend with not enough regard for expenses -- low accountability in regards to fiscal responsibility...

I wish that the people who are blaming the state for doing too much this time and the people who are blaming the state for not doing enough last time would get a room and leave the rest of us in peace.

Wouldn’t it be nice to live in a world where everyone was perfect all the time.

Personally, I am grateful for the brining. My road is covered with snow.

observer3 observer3
7 days ago

Gee, LJRubi got bashful from his bashing.

7 days ago

A pair of New Jersey radio hosts have apologized after they were suspended for referring to the state's Sikh attorney general as "turban man" during their Wednesday program.

WKXW-FM hosts Dennis Malloy and Judi Franco issued a written apology to Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal, who was appointed in January and is the first Sikh in the nation to hold such a post.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
7 days ago

Isn't that old news OnTheEdge? Like over 6 months ago? Anyways Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal is a disgrace to his proud Sikh heritage, imho, his forbearers are rolling over in their graves. He does not walk the talk of his own faith and heritage. Wonder if he carries a personal defense weapon with him whenever he goes out of the house like the Sikh tradition teaches all young men to do? (Hypocrite!!)

Anyways OnTheEdge, I must ask you, what has Denis and Judy getting susupened have to do with pretreating roads that never got any ice or snow on them? I'm missing your reference here in this thread, please explain, thank you.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
7 days ago

Oh no! Here come SD and his leftie pc police! Unlike Denise and Judy, I don't apologise so you can jam it. Turban dude is a disgrace, a hypocrite, and a complete moron. But hey, he fits right into that hand picked team of diversity chompers was going for. They don't know how to do anything but hey, look how diverse they are! Feel better now lefties?

I just hope when they legalize weed they don't just line their pockets with all the money or use it to help illegals

Itiswhatitis
7 days ago

They were also treated in Pennsylvania. Once i went through the toll bridge into easton they were treated.

Melissa Melissa
7 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: State Pre-treatment of Roads on 12/5
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.