Frozen Pizza

Are there any that are half-way decent?

I don't really buy them, but since I could get an "O That's Good" 5 cheese pie for $2.49 this week I thought I would try it.
We had it tonite.

"O That's Bad" is my review.

I always get a fresh pie from a pizzeria but having a frozen one for some cold wintry nite when I don't want to go out and don't want to cook could be an option .......if any are edible!

happiest girl
Dec '18

If it were gluten free you (or anyone else) were looking for, I'd definitely recommend the Freschetta Gluten Free 2 pack that's sold at BJ's. Best frozen Gluten Free one I've had so far.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '18

I like the Caulipower and Tree Tavern frozen pizzas.

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '18

I buy Paul Newman's Margherita pizza and I think it's good for frozen.

maja2 maja2
Dec '18

Tree Tavern or Dr. Oetker

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Dec '18

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I love Tostino's frozen pizzas.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Dec '18

Celest's or Ellios are not bad. They can't compare to fresh a fresh pizzeria pie, but are very affordable and pretty tasty.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Dec '18

Tree Tavern is very good.

John C John C
Dec '18

I sauté mushrooms, onions and peppers usually hot peppers and spread it on the pizza during the last five minutes. Transforms any frozen pizza.
Since I shop almost exclusively at Aldis it is an Aldis frozen pizza.

Red Baron.

Do not, I repeat, do not touch "Celeste". Not worth $1. Not worth 10 cents. Don't even use it as a frisbee.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Dec '18

My problem with frozen pizza is you either get tiny ones or huge ones.

Very few "single serving" size - maybe like ~16 oz.

Some of them look good, but I'm not going to polish off 24 or 28+ ounces without feeling gross afterwards (and re-heating an already re-heated frozen pizza that got cold again is also not so good).

That being said, I think Archer Farms (from Target) is a pretty good "discount" food brand.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Dec '18

DiGiorno---pretty good - especially the thin crust ones

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '18

Red Baron is very good. $3.50.

Hopeful Hopeful
Dec '18

1- Red Baron thin crust
2- tree tavern

Boobalaa Boobalaa
Dec '18

Red Baron

Roywhite Roywhite
Dec '18

Red Baron

Happycamper Happycamper
Dec '18

Tree Tavern! Little bit of olive oil drizzled on the crust before baking and you’re good to go.

YeahRight YeahRight
Dec '18

Daiya

kepa
Dec '18

Buy a pizza (regular or sicilian) from your favorite pizza shop and freeze it 2 or 4 to a bag or however...

Itiswhatitis
Dec '18

Tombstone

SiaP
Dec '18

Celeste and Totino's brand pizzas are not even real cheese! Digiorno is pretty good and I recently picked up a brand at Costco that was very tasty called Palermo's Black Label.

https://www.southsmarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/IMG_1975.jpg

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Dec '18

Why don't you keep a mix in the house to make homemade crust? Beats any frozen pizza, by far!

YessPlease
Dec '18

Try cooking pizza on a grill.

I have been made that keto pizza 4 times since (I forget who) posted the recipe on here. I doubled the recipe right off the bat to make a normal sized 8 slice pizza and I have perfected it to the point that everyone loves it.

Crust comes out awesome, load the top with pepperoni and sliced meatballs....mmmmmmm

Darrin Darrin
Dec '18

Darrin, the "Fat Head" pizza crust made with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, an egg and almond flour? That was me... it's terrific, no?

ianimal ianimal
Dec '18

As a backup I keep frozen pasta entries instead of pizza - they take much less room in the freezer.

+1 on Newman's Own - if you like thin crust

+1 on Digornio- but we only get the thin crust versions, the others are too bready for us.

But they both are pretty good, in a pinch.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '18

I thought so Ianimal, you changed my life!!!!! The key is to not over cook the crust, and I also put garlic powder in the crust. I also found that using the electric kneader as opposed to kneading by hand comes out way better, as the almond flour is hard to fully mix with the melted cheese to begin with.

I have been going low carb for a few months now, and have lost about 25 lbs, but pizza was something that was missing, and that recipe brought it back.

Darrin Darrin
Dec '18

Newman's Own 4 cheese thin crust and Digornio Stuffed Crust are quite good for frozen.

I just keep fresh ingredients in the house and use either bagels, italian bread cut sideways or store crusts for nights I want pizza for one.

Sirya
Dec '18

Any pizza is better on a pizzazz.

That machine is awesome! Everyone that comes to my home ends up buying one themselves. In fact- my father in law in on his second one!

Great not only for pizza, but stuff like mozzarella sticks, fish sticks, pizza bites, pizza bagels, taquitos, stuffed mushrooms, fried shrimp, little pastrie apps, you name it....

It’ll cook a pizza better, in the time it takes you to preheat your oven!!

Cheap too. About $50 when I bought mine several years ago. I literally brought it to my brothers house during sandy and ran it off his generator outside and made a pizza. Little bit of comfort during a bad time.

Red Baron

htownguy htownguy
Dec '18

Red Baron.

Walmart has their own refrigerated pizza..not frozen in the produce section. Pretty good.

Positive Positive
Dec '18

CBGB me too! I really like some of the specialty Mama Cozzi's!

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Dec '18

tooo much sodium in the frozen pizza !

steven steven
Dec '18

DiGiorno stuffed crust

Willow
Dec '18

Hmmmm ....... I guess DiGiorno thin crust must be good because there were none left in Shoprite today. It's on sale ..... but still ...... all sold out?!!!

happiest girl
Jan '19

I like DiGiorno thin crust best for store bought - especially the Supreme

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '19

We love DiGiorno pan pizza. Rectangle and more of a thick pizza. I will try Red Baron after seeing these reviews.

USAfirst USAfirst
Jan '19

Tree tavern is a good start some mushrooms tri color peppers or what ever you like some evoo yum

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.