Snow 12/7-9?

Just throwing this out there for now because there is a reasonable amount of model support (considering it's over a week away). This looks like your next 'significant' snow threat. Something to track for fun it you enjoy that (and if not don't even worry about it until at least the middle of next week lol). The exact date(s) may need to be tweaked also.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Nov '18

Bring it!!!

Darrin Darrin
Nov '18

I hope it happens Friday into Saturday. After we all get home from work of course!

happycamper happycamper
Nov '18

This is looking like a sizable snowstorm, Bryan?

This could be a doozy

Forcefed4door Forcefed4door
Dec '18

More details here......

http://theedgeweather.blogspot.com

NotIn NJ Anymore NotIn NJ Anymore
Dec '18

Murphy should order the roads to be brined today, and salted tomorrow. Then alternate tues-fri. Plow trucks should be placed on the parkway on Wednesday. He’s mad as heck

SiaP
Dec '18

So unless some major shifting happens, we'll only get like an inch of snow.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Dec '18

It's a week away, there will be shifting between each run. Don't hold your breath on any until closer.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Dec '18

Yes models have it going well south as of now. Things can change so it's something to keep an eye on still.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '18

DarkSky.net: Snow (2–4 in.) starting in the morning, continuing until evening.

They got the last forecast right about 5 days ahead of the storm.

PS...snow starting on which morning?

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Dec '18

PS, it looks like DarkSky.net changed it since you last looked at it. It now says 1-2 inches, starting in Afternoon and Ending in Evening (Sunday):

https://darksky.net/forecast/40.8514,-74.8267/us12/en

Thanks Rich!❄️

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Dec '18

Now they are saying its probably staying south of us. GOOD!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Dec '18

it is going south ….

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Dec '18

Dark sky now 2 - 5 for Sunday.

The Canadian model is showing 15 inches. The American model, nothing.

http://edgeweather.com/

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

This is laughable. No one has a clue.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '18

To be fair, the Canadians did legalize weed recently... their model is probably high as a kite.

ianimal ianimal
Dec '18

Essentially, you are correct. Accuracy beyond 72 is a problem. Hopefully over time it will improve with more computer hardware, NOAA employees, and experience...

It all depends upon the weather, which is prolly why we call it weather. Whether it snows or blows past, it all depends upon the weather.

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Dec '18

"It all depends upon the weather, which is prolly why we call it weather. Whether it snows or blows past, it all depends upon the weather."

#truth

(altho the state services DO really need to be paying close attention & taking pre-emptive measures... ahem.. last storm chaos...)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '18

Why not just wait until it gets closer to the event? Do you guys work for the grocery stores?

Awesome Awesome
Dec '18

Re: Snow 12/7-9?

The bread and the milk pushers are among us.......

Joseph Joseph
Dec '18

Here you go.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '18

I have a flight and travel plans that could be impacted.

Haha good one......think this pretty much sums up the typical weather forecasts coming from the so many meteorologists among us.....

Joseph Joseph
Dec '18

This looks to stay pretty far south still. Too much blocking which is suppressing the storm. DC could get some accumulation. It's possible some lighter snow makes it way north of there but the big impacts should stay south. This is a big VA hit and probably NC as well.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '18

So basically you jinxed yourself Bryan ;-)

justintime justintime
Dec '18

This is actually one I could deal without, too much stuff going on right now and my buddy asked me to cover for him plowing/salting if necessary.

But if it comes, I will still enjoy it!

Darrin Darrin
Dec '18

haha well not really. Snow in the mountains down here is great. 2 hour ride and i'm skiing :)

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '18

My son is expecting about a foot in Greensboro. That's tragic for that area. No such thing as calling up a landscaper to plow you out!

maja2 maja2
Dec '18

How funny how this thread started, worrying about a snow storm over a week ago . Hold your horses next time

Awesome Awesome
Dec '18

Can’t have it both ways.

Bryan, hope you and Diego are getting along well ;-)

justintime justintime
Dec '18

Bryan (and my Sister's family) are on the border zone with rain and some icing. She texted me about an hour ago that they apparently dodged the bullet, though schools are closed tomorrow.

I remember back in 78 or so we had 4-6 inches of snow in Jacksonville, NC (coast) and it turned into 4-6 inches of very slippery slush on the ground as the road temps weren't at freezing long enough for it to stay as snow. That was a mess to drive in, but a sometimes fun mess, lol.

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '18

My brother in Powhatan VA outside of Richmond has 14 inches and my parents in Stuarts Draft have 9 inches....crazy!!!

Michele Morp Michele Morp
Dec '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.