Power Gas Station Closed in Butzville?

I always stopped at the Power Gas Station at the intersection of 46 and 31 on the way to visit my Mom. The prices were very reasonable. There has been no one there for quite awhile. I thought maybe the owner was on vacation. Does anyone know if they will be back or what happened?

It has been closed for months now, since before the summer. Stop at the gas station just south of them on Rt.31, in Oxford, which is now a Sunoco(also is the Oxford A1 Tire location). Their prices were always the same as the Power Gas station.

I thought I heard they were going to tear the place down and build new.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Nov '18

I was there during the summer. They were opened.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '18

They haven't been open since around May of this year.
If you keep traveling 46 West, the Quick Check has cheaper gas!

flagged
Nov '18

If you keep traveling 46 West, the Quick Check has cheaper gas!

Which is why they are closed, Quick Check opened an "local business was abandoned

steven steven
Nov '18

The one just before the quick check is cheaper. The gas station at 46 and 31 has been closed for months.

The property is an eyesore. Hopefully the building will get razed.

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Nov '18

Get gas in Budd Lake or Washington, depending on which direction you are coming from. I find Quick Check is expensive.

maja2 maja2
Nov '18

Quick Check in belvedere is $2.43

Billyt
Nov '18

Where is Quick Chek in Belvidere? Do you mean White Twp.?

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '18

The Belvidere QuickChek is located at 57 & brass castle rd

Lizzy16
Nov '18

The QuickChek gas in Washington on Rt 57 always seems to be cheaper than the QC on Rt 46 in White Twp. I filled up at the QC in Washington this past Tues and they were down in the $2.thirty something's a gallon.

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Nov '18

"The Belvidere QuickChek is located at 57 & brass castle rd"

LOL, that's miles away from Belvidere in Washington Twp.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '18

I think Lizzy has the common "too many Quick Chek's around here" affliction. The one on Rt 57 and Brass Castle is in Washington. The one in the center of Washington, the one that is going to be closed down and purchased by CVS is located on Belvidere Ave in Washington. (maybe that is what she was thinking)

https://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2018/11/quickchek_to_close_pharmacies_in_9_nj_stores_sell.html

Back to PowerGas. Ask any real local of that area, me included, that gas station always seemed a tad shady and I would never go there, even if it meant saving a penny or two. The current price sign, since the station closed before the summer, is what the price was at the time when they closed, $2.79 per gallon.

If it was Quick Chek competition that was responsible for their demise, I do not believe it was, then the US Gas station, which is right across the street from Quick Chek on Rt.519 White Twsp, would have closed long ago.

Their strategy to stay open- always be $.02 cents lower per gallon than QC. It has worked since QC in White Twsp opened in late 2012.

I believe that Power Gas has something else going on that forced them to close or abandon that property other than competition or bad tanks in the ground.

Nov '18

There is a new Delta station that opened this week finally. It is located at The former US Gas station right across from Quick Chek on 519.

They are starting out with $3.37 per gallon for regular to try to lure customers from QC current $3.44 price.

Competition is always a good thing. (I could say multiple things about energy rising costs and solutions. - but keeping politics out of this one)

Nov '21

The gas prices have been really out of whack lately. I travel from Hackettstown to Pburg regularly and Ive don’t remember the prices in gas being so different between the towns. Speedway by Key City was 3.19, Down 31 right outside Washington was 3.35 Hackettstown stations 3.29. Its nuts

Makomiller1984 Makomiller1984
Nov '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Power Gas Station Closed in Butzville?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.