Jersey Mike’s

I heard they are looking to put a Jersey Mike’s next to the Dunkin Donuts in Mansfield. Has anyone heard the same?

Footlonger
Nov '18

Kinda looks true

https://www.nrdc.com/properties/retail/mansfield-commons#!leasing-plan

Billyt
Nov '18

Just what we need...another sub shop...SMH

YessPlease
Nov '18

Jersey Mike's is at least decent. Better than Subway by a mile and IMO much much better than the sub shack. Not sure anything will deter the WaWa sub crowd.

Why doesn't this kind of stuff come to Washington Boro? Just asking :-D

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '18

"Just what we need...another sub shop...SMH"

Just what we need...another person complaining about a business coming to town to fill unused retail space...SMH

evets23 evets23
Nov '18

This place is really good!

Sport
Nov '18

I wanted a pizza shop or nail salon, smh, sign.....

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '18

I was shocked at the number of JM's I encountered on my trip out west this summer... Minnesota, Montana, Utah, Nebraska, Missouri... seems like when people in flyover country aren't eating second-rate pizza, they enjoy third-rate deli sandwiches.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '18

Ok I like Jersey Mike's but they're expensive. Subshack is a better value and good.

Metsman Metsman
Nov '18

"Just what we need...another person complaining about a business coming to town to fill unused retail space...SMH"

Exactly. I wish some businesses would open in my town.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '18

@evets23 - I can think of 20 other better business choices to come to Hackettstown. With the amount of fast good places in town, Hackettstown may possibly be ranked a high cholesterol and fat person town.

YessPlease
Nov '18

Andy, those shops don't go to Washington Borough because they're afraid of being robbed by all the dope fiends. :P

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Nov '18

"Exactly. I wish some businesses would open in my town."

Go for it. Make it happen Calico.
You can succeed if you put your mind to it.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Nov '18

Dodgeball - I don't want to own/run a business, I want to patronize one.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '18

Instead, you got patronized by Dodgebaal... is that close enough? (-;

ianimal ianimal
Nov '18

+1 ianimal

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '18

I am quite excited that Jersey Mikes is coming to town. Having Celiac disease, there are very few places, other than Mamas, that I can eat without getting sick from cross contamination. I've been to Jersey Mikes in Ledgewood several times for a gluten free sub. Once I order gluten free, they meticulously clean the slicer and the counter.
Everyone on the line puts on new, clean gloves and they get out a clean cutting board and knife. I have never gotten sick from gluten cross contamination and the subs taste great!!

Pamela Pamela
Nov '18

I tried Jersey Mikes and Primo Hoagies. Jersey Mikes subs tast like an Italian hoagie made in another part of the country. Blech. Primo Hoagies are far better and would do better here, IMO.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Nov '18

We need to remember, this is Mansfield and not Hackettstown.

Sport
Nov '18

:( I like sub shack.

skippy skippy
Nov '18

I like crabcakes.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '18

I like trains!!!

Dadof3
Nov '18

YessPlease...enlighten us. What would be a better choice for Hackettstown/Mansfield? And you don't even have to give us 20. Maybe 5?

Tracy Tracy
Nov '18

Primo is no where near what it used to be before it was franchised to the max. Still better than Subway though. I've never been to a Jersey Mike's.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '18

Chick-fil-a would be a nice addition. Maybe a Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse to replace Ruby Tuesdays.

I wouldn't mind a Chick-fil-a, or maybe a Playa bowl. Chester has a playa bowl but then again Chester has the money. No crap getting put in Chester like a salvation army store, cash for gold and dollar stores. People in Hackettstown aren't going to foot $10-12 for a healthy bowl of yogurt, fruit and oats. They mourn when an artery clogging Arby's goes under.

No matter what comes to town I’ll still go to Tony’s luncheonette!!!!

Booster90 Booster90
Nov '18

I like Jersey Mikes. Any word on when it will open?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Nov '18

Shake Shack. If we’re going to get another chain out here can it at least be something good?!

YeahRight YeahRight
Nov '18

Popeye's

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Nov '18

@Tracy - How about a Trader Joes, a good athletic store, good hangout spot for kids (ping pong table, pool tables, board games, etc.), healthy juice shop, Playa Bowl....I mean this list can go on.

The last thing Hackettstown needs, is another pharmacy, fast food place, or a gas station.

YessPlease
Nov '18

We have a healthy juice shop already. We already have a hangout spot with lots of board games (four actually even though two are associated with 21+) We had ping pong/pool tables and only adults came, but not even close to enough.

Same posts, same people, same issues. It's not 1957 anymore, and our consumers don't make an effort.

Is there some type of eatery going where Enzos used to be?

Acl76 Acl76
Nov '18

Info from back in September:

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2018/30-burgers-coming-soon-to-high-st-in-hackettstown-dunkin-donuts-may-be-coming-to-same-location/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Nov '18

If we want a good fast food chain then we need to petition for in n out burger to come to the east coast.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Nov '18

First stop saying Hackettstown, this Jersey Mike’s is going in Mansfield

Second, most of the types of businesses you mentioned wouldn’t fit in the spot Jersey Mike’s is going so I dont get your point.

Third this area does not met the population and income requirements Trader Joe’s has for opening a store. Never going to happen in warren county. So when people suggest a Trader Joe’s it just shows how clueless they are.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

Also when you say what business should come to town you have to keep in mind those business have to WANT to come to town.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

Re: Jersey Mike’s

From the jersey mike web site

Takecareofit
Nov '18

Jim L.,
Perhaps you should contact Jersey Mike's and have them stop advertising their location as HACKETTSTOWN...even though its Mansfield

Billyt
Nov '18

Along with that pony, a pizza shop, and a nail salon, I would like a Trader Joes, or Whole Foods. Now, you may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. Put it in Hastings Square so we can have Morris County demographics and call it located in Washington. How’s that Jim ;-).

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Nov '18

Maybe some of you should school yourselves on Mansfield proper versus mailing address before jumping all over Jim. If you have a partial brain you would know it's all about the mailing address. Jersey Mike's will be in Mansfield!

Hope they man scape that Mansfield......

Nov '18

WGM..its advertised as Hackettstown...fight with Jersey Mikes

Billyt
Nov '18

I don't get the attraction to Trader Joe's, the whole "organic" industry is such a farce.

Jenny Jenny
Nov '18

Thanks WGM I guess people don’t understand that just because a location has a Hackettstown mailing address it doesn’t mean it’s actually IN Hackettstown. Billyt you do realize Hackettstown Honda, Hyundai and even Target are not IN Hackettstown even though they have Hackettstown mailing addresses and 2 even have Hackettstown in their name, right????

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

Why are you directing a negative at Billyt JimL????

He’s been consistent in referencing Mansfield, not Htown.

justintime justintime
Nov '18

my point JIT is it to explain to billyt why its being advertised as Hackettstown. Because they have a Hackettstown mailing address.

Google "1885 route 57 Mansfield NJ". And it comes up with Hackettstown, not Mansfield. That is why they advertise it as Hackettstown so people can find it. Wouldn't be able to find it if they used "1885 route 57 Mansfield NJ"

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

Jim L

I know its Mansfield ..

Billyt
Nov '18

well then you also know why its advertised as Hackettstown. so what are we wasting our time on?

Why do I need to "contact Jersey Mike's and have them stop advertising their location as HACKETTSTOWN"?? They have a Hackettstown mailing address that's why it's advertised as Hackettstown.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

I mean, not for nothing, but I have a Hackettstown mailing address but I don't tell people I live in Hackettstown. I don't even live in the same county. But you'd be surprised how many people are confused by the concept that your mailing address is not necessarily the geographic location of your home/business.

Tracy Tracy
Nov '18

I’d ask “what’s the difference” but I suspect it has something to do with being able to tax businesses for using the town name. Otherwise why should anyone care????

justintime justintime
Nov '18

I love Jersey Mikes, not the restaurant, the thread. It’s not meaty, but it’s tasty!

Nov '18

JimL, aren’t you on the town board or BiD or in some way involved with the progress of building/businesses in this town? Why make a statement like “it’ll never happen in Warren county folks!” ?

My wife and I chose to live in independence (Hackettstown mailing address ;) because it’s beautifull and conveniently located reletive to where we work, not because we’re poor. We would absolutely patronize a Trader Joe’s and I know a lot of other well-off young families in the area that would as well. Maybe the current demo by and large doesn’t support my argument, but why say never? Do you see the area getting “better” or “worse?”

Consigliere
Nov '18

I wish Jersey Mike's the best of luck and success.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Nov '18

"No crap getting put in Chester like a salvation army store, cash for gold and dollar stores. People in Hackettstown aren't going to foot $10-12 for a healthy bowl of yogurt, fruit and oats. "

And from what I read on here the people in LV are aren't going to foot $18-20 for an unhealthy hamburger and fries....

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Nov '18

Consigliere I say never because that is the reality, maybe not the reality you want but it's the reality. Yes I am sure there are plenty of people that would shop at a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's (me included) The old Marshalls would be a great spot for a Trader Joes... but this area does not meet their requirements for a location. Population being the main consideration.

Whole Foods: they open 20-30 store per year NATIONALLY and have about 480 now. They have stated they are going to cap themselves out at 1000 stores. Their #1 requirement for a location is 200k people in a 20min radius. If you don't have that don't even bother applying for a store. We don't have that (Thank God) nor will we ever have that with all the protected farmland in our area. Nor do people living here want that. One of the best thing we have going for our area is we are not densely populated like Eastern part of our state. Metuchen and Bound Brook are the latest towns in NJ to get Whole Foods. We don't have the size and demographics those town have to compete for one. Morristown is as far west as they have gotten and they are probably not going to go any further west in NJ.

Trader Joes: isn't as open about their requirements but general census is they look at 3 criteria: population density with a high population of residents with college degrees; households with income of $100,000 or more; and a robust logistics/distribution network.. Again we don't meet those criteria. Florham Park is as far west in NJ as they have gotten to and probably won't get much further west. Randolph got close with but Trader Joe's back out and stating their strategy changed and they are not looking to expand in that direction ( west)

So it's not a knock on the people living here or a question of if we are poor or if the area is getting "better" or worse". Its a matter of these business put together business plans and high standards for locations and we don't meet those standards and never will.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

So to synopsize, high end stores want high income earners and lots of them. Shocker. Conversely, a Salvation Army store looks for...I'm sure you can fill in the blanks easily now.

Jim L - Yup, that's basically Business 101. No franchise is every going to open a store in an area that does not fit their criteria for customers.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '18

Tell that to Pizza Hut..... didn't tell close down across from MikeyD's?

Never say never.

Nov '18

Hey I hope I'm wrong and Trader Joe's comes to town. But unless they change their current business plan and requirements for locations I don't see that happening.

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

I'll never get the fascination with Trader Joe's... 90% of the stuff on their shelves is their own store brand and most of it isn't very good. It's certainly not what I would consider "high end"; it might be half a step up from Aldi's store brand, but it's still inferior to most name brand products. Whole Foods is a different story, but it's way more expensive.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '18

Isn't Trader Joe's and Aldi's owned by the same corporation?Aldi's would be a good fit

Billyt
Nov '18

" fascination with Trader Joe's" = 2 buck chuck..... need I say more....

Nov '18

The BID has been very aggressive in trying to bring an Adli to town. Came close and are still trying

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

and the two buck chuck is great, although its a few dollars more now and not every Trader Joe's in NJ can sell liquor so its even harder to find in NJ

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

Go to Bottle King and get yourself a 5-liter box of Franzia Cabernet for $16. Works out to $2.40 per 750 mL bottle... if you can't tell the difference between good wine and two buck chuck, you probably won't be able to tell the difference here either.

ianimal ianimal
Nov '18

Exsqueeeeze me.....2 buck chuck ain’t about the money........well, actually it is.....

Actually, I’ll go anywhere’s the little ole man at Bottle King sends me. He da wine King, never misses.

Nov '18

Just as an FYI, there's a Whole Foods coming to Parsippany next year.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/parsippany/whole-foods-coming-parsippany-2019

Would love to see an Aldi's come to town. I hope that works out! Chick-Fil-A would be awesome too, but I doubt we meet the criteria for that.

I'm excited about Jersey Mikes because I'm so tired of all the other chains in town.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
Nov '18

and that location just proves my point. Per the Developers brochure for that location

Demographics

Population
2018 (estimate)
3-Mile 62,647
5-Mile 131,887
7-Mile 248,435

Avg. HH Income
3-Mile $131,787
5-Mile $147,829
7-Mile $149,347

https://www.rdmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/ParsippanyNJ_1118.pdf

Jim L Jim L
Nov '18

How about The Fresh Market?

https://www.thefreshmarket.com/

Tracy Tracy
Nov '18

Bar none the best tomatoes in NJ - stopped eating tomatoes until I had a sub at Jersey Mike's and great Roast Beef.

Would love to know where they source them - cause 99% of sub shops or any place have garbage tomatoes.

The best thing about Jersey Mike's is if you are a celiac they have great gluten free bread.

Doodlemom Doodlemom
Nov '18

We have a bunch of Aldi's here in Charlotte/Fort Mill. Also there is now another place that is similar but better called Lydl.

As far as subs, I do find myself going to Jersey Mike's sometimes. Obviously it's harder to get a real sub down here but you can also get reasonably good ones at Publix and Harris Teeter's.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Nov '18

There is another Mansfield Twp in NJ. Its located in Burlington County near Bordentown. Friends of mine lived there & when they 1st moved in 22 yrs ago company delivered their furniture to our Mansfield Twp, Warren County.

Their mailing address is Columbus & like us use Mansfield to describe different parts of town but Hackettstown is beast-- P.O. delivery town list is besst all on it's own. I'm firm believer should list as both for phone book/GPS reasons. Not sure if they say 2 diff things

NotForNuttin' NotForNuttin'
Dec '18

Support local! Eat at the Sub Shack

BusinessGuy1984
Dec '18

This 30 Burgers concept is interesting and concerning at the same time. Why have former locations now closed in somewhat upscale areas including Princeton and Red Bank NJ, just to name a few, during the last 4 years?

Inferior product?? Franchisee's that haven't a clue and can't run an establishment? Or?...

Will be interesting to see how this concept plays out in this area in 2019...

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
Dec '18

We usually use C&L because they're friendly and have an option that isn't "ginormous". Sub Shack doesn't seem to have smaller sub options.

But the main reason we don't go there is that every time we tried them, the women in there were just plain nasty on the phone and when we went to pick it up. We always ask ourselves what we've done to incur the attitude and why would someone treat their customers that way??

Probably because there are SO many burger places.

30 burgers is very good. I've been to a bunch of their locations in central jersey where i used to live. My wife and i are pretty excited that they'll be moving in down the block from us. My friend who lives in LA came to visit recently and i took him to the one in Bound Brook. He told me it was the best burger he'd ever had. They also serve shakes. Good stuff all around. My guess is that the rents in upscale places might be too much considering it's not an expensive place to eat.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
Dec '18

Just about everyone you meet from Mercer County tells you he or she is from Princeton. (I dated a young lady from Lawrenceville for a long time and observed this behavior constantly) Hackettstown should take it as a compliment that a new business wants to be identified with their town :-D

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Dec '18

sub shack is def. a family favorite. not sure we'll stop going there. they never disappoint!

friendly mcfriendly friendly mcfriendly
Dec '18

The food might be good at Sub Shack, but the customer service attitude is the reason we don't go there anymore. Almost every time we have gone there we have been greeted with a nasty attitude. Only once can I think of were the people there polite and friendly.

Sirya
Dec '18

The sub shack customer service does indeed lack. Their food is a close runner up of a disappointment. The place hardly ever looks like people go in. There must be a back door entrance.

There is a big difference between Princeton and Hackettstown. Hackettstown is getting better but not enough to justify the high taxes. I like clean sandwich shops, where they always wear gloves, etc.

Sub Shack is always packed with customers when I go in...at all times. The quality of food is excellent. Their Super sub #4 is wonderful and they certainly don't skimp. I eat half and wrap the other half to go. All for $6. The macaroni salad is the only macaroni salad that I will eat because it's so chocked with chopped up vegetables and it's not all glopped up with mayo. They make bowls of this every day along with the potato salad and Cole slaw. They have always been well known for their pickles. These people work fast and furiously and the lines go down pretty quick. The friendliness of the staff has improved. It is what it is. It's a fast paced business. Always at least 4-5 customers in the place at a time. I give it a two thumbs up. BTW...their cheesesteaks are really good too.

Angela Angela
Dec '18

The last two times I went to the Sub Shack they had watered down their Mayo and Russian dressing so much the sandwiches were so soggy and gross. How much money could you possibly safe by watering them down? I'm done with Sub Shack.

Gloves are a must. Still have to change them frequently between tasks. Not touching hair, body etc. Can't go back to Piggy's after witnessing their staff.

I frequent the Sub Shack often, and every time I go in there, the women behind the counter are friendly and efficient. They are always sweeping and wiping things down. The line moves, and it's usually busy when I go in for lunch. Watered down mayo and russian, that's crazy. I get the shack special and the russian dressing is thick and tasty; just the way it's supposed to be.

neighborhood watcher
Dec '18

I agree with you neighborhood watcher. I have never been treated badly by anyone on the staff. In fact just to the contrary. They are always very friendly and efficient. Anything I've gotten there has been fresh and tasty. And their bread is the best. Also, in my opinion, they are very reasonably priced.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Dec '18

Sub shack is our go to sandwich place. Always fresh with generous portions. Very shocked to see some of the negative remarks

Kimberlysea Kimberlysea
Dec '18

Never been to a jersey mikes but, for those who have, is it better than a piggy’s deli sub? I mean, it is directly across the street and I doubt subway mikes uses Boars Head.

Consigliere
Dec '18

Is this open yet? Someone asked me today and I had no idea. I haven't been down that way since December.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

Nope

Booster90 Booster90
Feb '19

Thanks Booster.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '19

They just started doing construction inside the building

RC285 RC285
Feb '19

Does anyone know who is opening the Jersey Mike's in Hackettstown? Is it someone local? From Hackettstown?

Ryan Morrison Ryan Morrison
Apr '19

I saw a post from them on Facebook saying the are opening on 4/24.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '19

Anyone know if they are opening today?

Sublife Sublife
Apr '19

Their website states 5/1/2019

https://www.jerseymikes.com/1101/hackettstown-nj

I just called and spoke with the owner, and he said next Wednesday they will be open!

Awesome.

Yay! Thanks I couldn’t find any info!

Sublife Sublife
Apr '19

7500 free subs if you make a $2 donation to HHS with a coupon.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/hackettstown/jersey-mikes-opening-hackettstown-next-week

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Apr '19

SO wheres the coupon?

Curious Curious
Apr '19

Shouldn't they be asking for a donation to WHRHS since that's where Mansfield students go? What does Hackettstown have to do with this Jersey Mike's location other than its mailing address?

ianimal ianimal
Apr '19

Exactly my thoughts ianimal!

I was planning to support this new establishment due to their support of the Wreaths Across America program but I’m rethinking if they don’t support the community they are located in.

I would assume the coupon will be mailed. The article does not say.

I would also assume HHS worked with them on this. I would talk to WHRHS administration about arranging a similar fundraiser.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Apr '19

ianimal:
"What does Hackettstown have to do with this Jersey Mike's location other than its mailing address?"
I think you just answered your own question bud.

Mansfield commons is in Hackettstown.
Their address is 1885 NJ-57, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Also does anyone know how to get a free sub?
I don't see these coupons anywhere.

Holster
Apr '19

Who knows...maybe Hackettstown has a bigger customer base

Bug3
Apr '19

Christ..complain complain complain! Yep I'm watchin boys and girls...

Frank Luger
Apr '19

Don't get the excitement...30 years ago, down the shore, Jersey Mike's made a really good sub, now it's just another chain.

Line up a Jersey Mike's, Subway, Blimpies, Quiznos, Wawa & Quikchek italian sub, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with a blindfold on.

walleyed walleyed
Apr '19

I called earlier and spoke with the owner, Jay. He and the Jersey Mike team are very community minded. It's simply what they are about. Typically when a new Jersey Mike's location holds a Grand Opening they choose a local recipient to raise monies for. This opening will benefit the Hackettstown High school. It's very nice of them. Obviously this location will serve the entire Hackettstown / Mansfield et al region. Certainly their philanthropy is not defined or limited simply by the exact geographic location of the store.

The coupons will be distributed in a grassroots manner. Keep an eye out for people giving them away or simply pop in at the store to retrieve a coupon.

Holster - you are incorrect. It's in Mansfield Township. it has a mailing address of Hackettstown but is in the municipality of Mansfield - just as Target has a Hackettstown mailing address but is in Washington Twp. (Morris County)

The R The R
Apr '19

Maybe Hackettstown should become a city and take over everywhere that has a Hackettstown mailing address ..lol

Bug3
Apr '19

Wow, they haven’t even opened yet and people are complaining .... geez!

Outsider Outsider
Apr '19

I don't believe anyone is complaining, they just want a free lunch :)

I have been told that Jersey Mike's will also be doing a promotion for Warren Hills High School as well. They were approached by Hackettstown first but once word got out about the promotion, they had been contacted by someone from a Warren Hills club. Sounds like they are very happy to support all local schools/clubs in any way they can.

"Sounds like they are very happy to support all local schools/clubs in any way they can." -jmon

Exactly, as they should. This faux outrage over raising money/donations for HHS is utterly ridiculous and so petty.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Apr '19

I have never been to a Mikes.

Let me tell you what I think...…...

Apr '19

Just had a Jersey Mike's sub while sitting on the beach, yummy.

kb2755 kb2755
Apr '19

Got a Coupon Card in the mail today May 1st stating Jersey Mikes is Open for Business. Drove buy for Lunch and it's Not Open !!! Not a good start

Not sure exactly when you went but Jersey Mike's was open today for lunch around 1pm and was packed. Subs came out delicious as well.

NJBoater
May '19

Yeah when did you go ? It was open ...

There were signs along Route 57 saying Jersey Mike’s is now open. There were people inside around 5:45 last night.

Had Jersey Mike's from Mansfield for dinner tonight. Very good!

murof
May '19

Tried Jersey Mike's today at lunchtime. Lines out the door. Their sandwiches were very good.

joyful joyful
May '19

Curiosity got the best of me and I tried Jersey Mike’s tonight. On a 1-10 scale I would give it a 5. It is better than the old Subway by ShopRite but that is not saying much since that place was such a dump and Jersey Mike’s is new and clean. I think they put the right amount of toppings on my sub, it wasn’t a salad on a bun but where I thought it was lacking is the meat didn’t really have a lot of flavor. It was definitely busy when I went and honestly most of the people were using coupons of one sort or another. I don’t know if it will stay busy once the grand opening offers end because I thought the regular prices were on the high side. It won’t be my go to place since the menu is kind of limited but if I were shopping at Walmart or Kohl’s I may give it another try. I just think Sub Shack and Piggies are better.

Hot under the collar
May '19

Didn't like the Pastrami sub.. Tough and threw it out. Meat was frozen thrown on grill.
Sorry but Horrible.. Not fresh..
Maybe try something else..

Chubby Chubby
May '19

Hot under the collar I agree with you. Not my first pick kind of pricey I think. Sub shack and Piggy's are my first pick.

Brenda Sargeant Brenda Sargeant
May '19

All the hot stuff is frozen. I watched the one in Roxbury throw steak-um type frozen meat on a grill for a cheese steak.

Metsman Metsman
May '19

Sub Shack rules!

Bobshot
May '19

Still like sub shack and piggies! Wasnt as good.

Triplet Triplet
May '19

$7.95 and $8.95 a regular sub!....too pricy. WaWa is comparable and less expensive.

Hackresident Hackresident
May '19

Sub Shack is probably the best in town. Jersey Mike's was ok and I'm glad to have another option, but not sure why people rave about it?

somechik somechik
May '19

IMO, Jersey Mike's is by far the best sub place in the area.

They make subs how they're supposed to be. Yes, they're a chain now, but started out as a single location down the shore. They kept the same principles and quality and that's why they're so successful today.

Unlike Subway type chains, Jersey Mike's actually puts meat on their subs. (Not that one folded slice crap.) Sadly, unlike some establishments in town, Jersey Mike's is also very clean and practice safe food handling. (ie clean gloves, change gloves after sweeping, cleaning, texting, handling money etc.)

I've lived in the area for 4 decades and eaten at every single place in which you can buy a sub in the Hackettstown area. Some of which I won't eat at again based on improper food handling and general cleanliness alone, not to mention poor quality.(Sorry, not naming them)

Oddly, the only sub places that I've been consistently satisfied with in the area is QC (Stiger St.) and every single Jersey Mike's I've ever eaten at. I'm very happy there's one nearby and wish them great success.

legitbusiness
May '19

Jersey Mike's is pretty decent for a chain. I would also concur it's the best place we have in the area. The people that keep saying they love sub shack have no clue what they're talking about. Last time I was there they had hardly any meats in the case and what they did have looked gross.

C&lL is my choice great portions however you can’t beat the buy one get one coupon currently at jersey mikes

I've been to Sub Shack at least 50 times and seen them go through 10 or more pairs of gloves just while I had my order made. They make their own in house roast beef and turkey which is something Mike's can't compare to. It's one thing to compare Mike's to other chains. But when it comes to what they do themselves they don't stack up.

How is the bread at this place? I hope it’s not like Subway. I look forward to trying it.

Suze, not sure about this particular location but the bread at another location was meh.
...And I know my hoagies...

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '19

Thanks for the info. I am a bread lover so if it’s soggy or bad that’s a deal breaker for me.

They bake the rolls on premise. The meats and cheese are sliced to order, not ahead of time. It’s a good sub for a chain. Glad to have Jersey Mike’s close by.

Walker Walker
May '19

Suze, it was neither soggy or bad, just not good, IMO.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '19

I really like Jersey Mike's as a business, but I agree with GC, it can't really compare to a local place. They are a little pricey but if you sign up for an account they send coupons pretty frequently and you collect points towards future rewards.

Tracy Tracy
May '19

Ok I will give it a try. Everyone is different but thank you for your input!

GC, been to sub shack once and the older gentleman made my sandwich with no gloves. Granted, this was probably 5 years ago but tell me why I should return?

Just had a sub from Brass Castle Deli for the first time and thought it was very good and priced good
IMO
Mikes is a good sub but pricey, sorta like a mom and pop but consistent like a chain
Wawa good for value and variety

We love Brass Castle Deli. We have had sandwiches and catering from there. Diane makes some really great stuff!

Calico696 Calico696
May '19

Just go to Rambo's in Califon. Worth the trip, since they are the best around.

JerseyDevilCousin
May '19

Rambo’s is awesome but went to mikes this week and must say the sub was very good .

MIkej MIkej
May '19

Roastbeef sub at Rambos is great.

Roywhite Roywhite
May '19

My friend's brother owns Rambos. Great place.

Calico696 Calico696
May '19

I say try them all then go to sub shack.and you will see why they have been around the longest.they are not the best because they are the oldest,they are the oldest because they are the best.

I've never bought a sub from The Sub Shack. how are the prices there? I'll have to try them soon!

did you ever try one of the five, $3.00 sub specials at Quick Check? How do you think these are at QC?

May '19

Here is the menu for Sub Shack for pricing.

https://www.facebook.com/Sub-Shack-Deli-116105091750446/menu/

In a pinch QC subs are adequate. I prefer their wraps. Absolutely no comparison to Sub Shack of course, they are consistently excellent in my book.

Back on topic, I may just hit Mike of Jersey today for lunch.

Sandwiches Unlimited on 46 in Ledgewood is very good !!! The Rolls are Amazing !!! I need to try their Cheeseburger Sub next time !! I've had Mike's before and enjoyed it a lot !

I live The Grove on Willow Grove. Great sandwiches, priced right, and very friendly people.

Andrew's Mom Andrew's Mom
May '19

I love The Grove subs, sandwiches and salads.. They are open 7 days a week and I find them convenient . They are by the hospital I can avoid the lights and most traffic by going the "back " way! They have a Sandwich club card you buy 8 sandwiches and get the 9th free....

michele morp michele morp
May '19

Thank you Greg. I think Sub Shak is very reasonably priced.

May '19

I stopped in and knocked off a traditional Italian "Mike's Way". It was a decent samich No complaints.

I was quite impressed with the staff. It was a full house and a line of about 8-10 people at 1:30 PM. The crew behind the counter were efficient, pleasant and on top of their game. No one was frazzled or even appeared rushed. It was a well oiled machine that moved the customers through with ease and a gracious, cheerful manner. The seating area while full looked to be clean and tidy as well. Kudos to the the training provided by I assume the owner, Jay.

While my heart lies at the Shack- Jersey Mike's gets it done, well. With the rewards program offered as well as a decent product, it surely makes it easy to return

Dude, it's an assembly line building sandwiches, not Swiss watches (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '19

Reminds me of this skit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KijAPJXjg8c

kb2755 kb2755
May '19

LOL Very true! My point was that this group of young people really had their act together for being open for just a week. Other food establishments in the area took quite some time to be efficient and courteous. After months some still never truly got it together. Taco Bell comes to mind for example.I hear it was a fiasco for a while.

LOL kb2755- I'm a fan of Sebastian too. That is a funny skit for sure.

Hi, where is everyone getting the coupons for Mikes?
Haven't seen them.

Went there this week and it was $9 for a 1/2 sub (they call it "regular").

To me, that is alot for a 1/2 sub.

Believe it or not, to us the best place for a great sub is Harmony Liquors.
Turkey Sub is AMAZING and for the same price you can get a WHOLE sub :)

Of course, you can get a beer to go with that sub at Harmony as well, lol...
Just a mention :-)

PS Suze, the bread is kind of like Subway. We were disappointed about that, amongst other things.

To those who mentioned the Grove...I agree! We go there often and their sandwiches are the best..and huge! They also recently catered a party for us...delicious food, reasonably priced!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '19

I vote for C&L- as far as I know the only shop offering Boar's Head deli meats, and their bread is fresh and good. People are wonderful and friendly.

hktownie hktownie
May '19

i've liked c&l. also like nykuns, which i didnt see mentioned.

ken e
May '19

Nykuns makes a great sub.

Indie Indie
May '19

@ken e. LOVE Nykuns. Have used them for catering as well.

cthy1213 cthy1213
May '19

That little store has everything and anything you could want and if they don’t, they will order it for you. Extremely accommodating....

Positive Positive
May '19

nykuns is known in the area as the great meadows mall.they have it all.try the bacon they cut it as thick as you want.

if they lower their individual store prices and have weekly Deals, I will be back. I won't spend $8-9 for a regular sub!

May '19

I like Jersey Mike's but Sub Shacks prices are a lot better.

Metsman Metsman
May '19

Had a cheesesteak sub from JM's last week. Fantastic. Better than I've had anywhere else in a long time. The bread tasted fresh and was nothing like Subway's (no chemical aftertaste and better consistency). Toppings were very fresh. The staff was great too.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
May '19

I had Jersey Mike's for the first time in Virginia last year. Just tried the new one in Mansfield and the prices are a lot higher and the subs are smaller. If I want Jersey Mike's I will wait till I go back to Virginia this summer.

I agree Nykuns is the best. Great bread and quality meats!!!

hkts456 hkts456
May '19

Henny Penny eggs from Nykuns, jump right out off the shell they are so fresh.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
May '19

A bout a month ago I got a coupon flyer from Jersey Mike's subs for the new store opening in Mansfield. I'm sure many others got one too.
I've had Jersey Mike's once before and the sub did not justify its high cost.
But the coupons brought the price down to reasonable. So I went for it.
As I was waiting in line to place my order (I was 3rd in line), I noticed the 1st customer was holding a small dog, a Poodle, in her arms as she was ordering. She and her friend took their subs and sat at one of the tables. I will admit, the dog was very quite.
She took a bite of her sub and tore off a piece of the sub and fed her dog.
Now....there were 6 employees behind the counter and not one of them said a word to her. Not one of them told her the dog can't be in a store that serves food and dogs are not allowed.
I now know that Jersey Mike's welcomes dogs.
I left and will not be back... Ever...Even with a coupon.

Did you confirm if that was a service dog or not?

Seems a bit harsh to never ever return to a shop because of this one non issue. But hey to each is own. Heck, I've see humans dining and or working in an establishment that make me want to head for the hills. I would welcome a little, quiet, well behaved dog every time.Sounds like the little pooch had better table manners than most! LOL

Life is waaaaay too short to sweat the small stuff.

This thread is rapidly going to the dogs! Curb your criticism, put a leash on it and muzzle those thoughts.

Jun '19

I dropped $9.50 for a reg size sub nothing else. Tasted great but my $ is better spent elsewhere.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '19

Did the same thing, Roywhite...Got the Club Supreme Sub and it was over $9.00 for one sub. I will say they are very good.

joyful joyful
Jun '19

I still need to try Jersey Mikes but still have my local favorites like Tonys and Philadelphia Pretzel and the new pizza shop in Hastings Square, BRUNO's.

All these small shops have great owners and friendly workers.

Bob amarant Bob amarant
Jun '19

Bruno’s has become our “go to” for pizza. I read about it on HL and gave it a try, not disappointed.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '19

What's going on with today's dog owners? I can honestly say growing up I never saw dogs in public places, airports, grocery stores,restaurants unless the owner was wearing dark shades and using a cane.

I love the assumed liability. When said dog bites someone at Jersey Mike's who's liable? I'm sure the lawyers will sue Jersey Mike's and the owner then it will stop.

I think Delta just changed it's policy on "comfort animals" due to a dog biting a passenger and winning the lottery. Owner and airline sued.

It’s because people think their dogs are family members. Quite disturbing actually. Also, they don’t care what kind of inconvenience they cause the people who have to deal with them. It’s selfish behavior.

Consigliere
Jun '19

Dogs are familiy members

Bug3
Jun '19

And it's not selfish behavior when someone's kid runs wild in a store?

Good point iJay, some of those out of control kids should be on a leash and more than a few of them should also be muzzled, lol

GreyHawk GreyHawk
Jun '19

A dog inside at Jersey Mike's Really ? Our Great Country has Soldiers all over the world protecting our Freedom So people can complain …….pathetic!!!

While I'm ok with dogs in most places...it is a slippery slope....what about my cat...my neighbor's rabbit or someone's lizard? These are all family members and can provide comfort to people.

Route 46
Jun '19

Honestly, I care less about a tiny dog in someone's lap at Jersey Mike's that's not bothering anyone, than I do about the countless dogs I hear barking while locked in a sweltering car in the parking lot of the supermarket or Walmart or wherever their clueless, selfish owners care to run errands.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '19

You can get a 12 inch loaded hoagie, pickle, chips, coleslaw , and a Stewart’s root beer at SubShack for the same price as half a sandwich and Nothing else here!

Sub shack sells subs not hoagies....

Parent of 2 Parent of 2
Jun '19

Hoagies, Subs, Heroes are synonyms as per my Newark upbringing.

I am 69 years old and lived all over the world and always thought that hoagies, subs, and hero sandwiches were just regional names for the same thing. Long roll, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and dressing could be called any of the three names depending where you grew up or live now. Now paninis and muffulettas are different LOL.

Love sub shack!

Only issues with them is they get the order wrong 75% of the time if u call in and they are cash only. Yes i said 75% and stand by that. It is best to order in person and watch them build it. Cant tell you how many times stuff was erroneously put on or left off a sub when we called in.

Sub prices are cheap but a root beer is $3 and the other extras that OMG mentions bring the price up in a hurry. And of course the damn atm fee!

Their half sub is bigger than most full size subs and cheaper. A full size can be 2 or 3 meals if u desire. And a great selection of stewarts sodas.

Jersey mikes is good too. Nothing bad to say about it. Just not as good as most deli subs.

Scott Scott
Jun '19

In my parents homeland north of Philli, they were Zeps and they are different. Most Sub Shops can’t replicate; Sub Shack can!

Jun '19

Let's hurry down to Sub Shack for a Zep !! I wish they made a great Cheesesteak Sub!

LOL, Zeps, as in Zeppelins! I hope they don't go down like one, though that Led one did really well over the years, despite how heavy it was for the time... .

By the way, I'm surprised nobody brought up the term "Grinders".

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

@Consigliere...

Dogs ARE family members my friend. If you own a dog, and don't consider it a family member, then you shouldn't be owning a dog.

That said, and as much as I love my dogs, I am not in the habit of dragging them everywhere I go in public. Then again, it doesn't matter to me if other people do, provided the dog poses no threat to anyone.

For me, the bottom line is that whatever policy a company has regarding dogs, it's their policy...you either accept it or you don't, you either patronage the business or you don't.

The choice is yours.

Restaurant Ralph Restaurant Ralph
Jun '19

OMGoodness…...because of this, I looked up Zeps….

"Rule number one: only one kind of meat, cut thick. On a classic Zep, it's cooked salami: pink and specked with peppercorns, more bologna than genoa, along with mild provolone, also thick cut.
Rule number two: no lettuce. Tomatoes and lots of fresh sliced onion, dressed with salad oil and oregano.
Rule number three: it must be on fresh bread from Conshohocken Bakery (also purveyors of fantastic tomato pie). The bread is flatter and wider than a seeded Italian hoagie loaf."

https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/01/zep-from-eves-lunch-in-norristown-pa-pennsylvania.html

The Zep comes from Norristown PA and no where else. There are two shops currently famous for it: Eve's Lunch and Lou's Sandwich Shop. Lou's has 70 years of Zep, Eve started in the 60's. The original shop for Zeps is gone.

One meat, salami. No lettuce. And rolls from the Conshohocken Bakery, home of a great Tomato Pie. The standard roll is wider and flatter than a sub roll; they also use a round roll which is what I am used to. Oil, Vinegar, Oregano and Red Pepper Relish or Hot Peppers. A true Zep starts with the Conshohocken Bakery, anything else is what we make: Bastard Zeps. They don't ship and you can only get them onsite.

However......we got ours from the corner tappy and ours had lettuce and some ham/bologna. My Mom was "economic," some would say cheap so I can't imagine her adding a meat to anything... Also, we didn't have Red Pepper Relish, but had Cayenne Pepper instead. Here I do question whether we did this because we couldn't afford the relish, or whether that's how we had them. Since I hate the relish, I would think I would remember if the Norristown versions came that way. I am researching whether this was family legend or truth --- but am pretty sure that's how our shop rolled. Obviously I need a road trip to see if a taste will bring back rediscovered memories of Zep.

Will report more once I complete my journey. I have graves to visit, records to research, Zeps to eat, relatives to rekindle, and yet another journey to the town I can't seem to get away from.....

Jun '19

Just a pic of the Zep roll I am more familiar with. Still must be Conshohocken Bakery to be "real,"

Jun '19

Went to college in Philly and never heard of Zeps. Yes, from the article it is from Norristown PA which is the suburbs.

strangerdanger, how is it that you're familiar with the Conshohocken Bakery but tomato pie (aka bakery pizza) previously seemed to be a completely alien subject to you?

Not that I'm accusing you of being untruthful in either that conversation or this one... I'm just genuinely curious.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '19

Curious but yellow. I see the folks who put the hyphen in anal-retentive are checking in today.

Norristown is not a suburb, but a city North of Phili. Very good. Conshohocken is nearby and many Phili college students have not heard of it either. Very good. Probably don’t know the Pig n Whistle either.....

All I said was they were purveyors of a fantastic tomato pie. Never had one anywhere but still willing to share what others have said and not give them credit. But I did link it. Haven’t had Conshohocken Bakery bread in iver 40 years either.

(It was stated in the link fyi)

And the Conshohocken Bakery tomato pie was noted in the tomato pie thread too I think ( not 100% sure, so if you are still curious ....). I am betting one of our pie fanatics might have partaken.

Update: they don’t ship the bread and don’t have outlets beyond the storefront. Roadtrip!

Jun '19

I used to live in Warminster, PA the first 2 years I was in High School & my Dad worked at Willow Grove NAS. I'd heard of Zeps way back then (70's), but never actually had one. We were too much into pizza rather than Hoagies, Subs, or Grinders, etc.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

I know a bunch of people from Warminster as well as Norristown when I lived/worked in Lansdale. I drove by the NAS many times on way to my grand mother's house. A friend two blocks away now in Hackettstown is from Lansdale two blocks from where I used to live in PA.

Zeps are fairly well known.

GC

Very cool. Didn't realize we shared the same stomping grounds for a while in our past. Agreed, Zeps were known in the area, but since Mom and/or Pop could whip up a fresh, knockout sandwich/sub, etc. we never bought them "out". Pizza on the other hand, was mystical at the time. We tried the what was it, Chef Boyardi packet pizza and it was never as good as the few times we went out for pizza. In fact to economize, pizza was pretty much the ONLY thing we went out for, except sometimes donuts on a Sunday morning after church.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '19

SD, have you spent more than 5 minutes in Philly? Everything surrounding Philly for miles is the suburbs. A town with 30k+ people (Norristown) is the suburbs. From West Chester to Doylestown these are the suburbs (of Philly).

Agree iJay, Philly has more suburbs area wise than Philly itself.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

iJay, what is this --- a discussion or a test? Because it seems so darned important to you, I have indeed spent more than five minutes in Philly. Just my Comcast time alone put me next to Willie Penn's statue for many a meeting lasting more than five minutes. I first went to the Ben Franklin in the early 60's. I am a member of The Barnes Museum. Do I get my creds as a frequent flyer yet?

Of course, Philly is not Norristown, and Norristown is most certainly not a suburb of Philly. It is a defined, self-governing, separate, municipality.

As I said, I never lived in Philli, my family is from there, specifically Norristown since the 1860's, and Wayne since the early 1900's or the Main Line (which is not a city either and Wayne, most certainly, is the suburbs). I part-owned the family house briefly in Norristown, my other family had a family store in Norristown, and both my parents graduated High School in Norristown. Dad, after the war, went to college in the area. Mom's family moved to Wayne in the 30's I believe. My gravesite, if I choose to use it, is there, but my parents are not interred there ----- just about everyone else is. And yes, I have buried a few folks there myself, one just this Spring.

My entire family, except my sister and a few cousins, still lives there.

So, never lived there, somewhat familiar as a fairly frequent visitor, just as I said.

For the retentive, Norristown is not a city, I stand corrected. But I never saw Norristown as a suburb either. Technically, for the retentive, Norristown is a borough, a self-governing municipality, and the county seat for Montgomery County. At 30K people, it is three time larger than Hackettstown, it is the second most populous borough in PA and fourth largest municipality in the county. At it's best, Norristown had 40K citizens and was a factory town. Very much it's own town. "In the United States, "municipality" is usually understood as a city, town, village, or other local government unit, formed by municipal charter from the state as a municipal corporation." source: WIKI Sorry, I did not see the word "suburb" in that definition.....

It is a self-governing municipality and the second largest borough in PA.

And the home of the Zep where apparently my memory, our version, and the actual current Zep are somewhat different, so I am still researching how we got to our specific version of this unique sandwich.

Jun '19

SD, it is important to YOU not me. Norristown is the suburbs. If someone lives in Montclair, NJ and works in NYC, he would say I live in the suburbs 15 miles to the West.

Bottom line is I could care less about Norristown, it is just another town among many in the USA. It is nothing special unless you come from there, i.e. you...

I don’t come from there; what are you talking about ;-)

And I get it, most towns, municipalities, self governing or not, anything within commuting distance is a suburb, like Hackettstown, the Poconos, or Newark. And when the city extends out and touches a municipality, it automatically becomes a suburb too. Keep that hyphen strong!

Now, about that Zep.....

Jun '19

I saw a post on yelp that Jersey Mike’s makes people paying by credit card tip. Does anyone know if this is true? Seems odd to me.

Hot under the collar
Jun '19

That is an absolute fabrication. It is an option, not mandatory.

The belvedere diner charges a fee if you use a credit card

Bug3
Jun '19

"The belvedere diner charges a fee if you use a credit card"

As do most gas stations.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

i passed by yesterday at 6:00 p.m. and the place and parking lot was empty. Perhaps they should give/send out those flyers for Specials of the Day or where a Regular Sub won't cost $8-9 !

Jun '19

whose eating a sub at 6pm?

they are pretty busy during lunch rush when most normal better eat subs.

move already move already
Jun '19

Thanks Greg. It really seemed odd to me.

Hot under the collar
Jun '19

“Whose (sic) eating a sub at 6pm?”

I’d say lots of people. I would.

Consigliere
Jun '19

Lol! I agree Consigliere...I am not sure what would be odd about eating a sub at dinner.
I also make breakfast foods for dinner on ocassion :)

Other fast food places and restaurants are busy at 6 pm. Do you work there, "move already"?

Jun '19

Maybe move already likes caviar and grey poupon for dinner.

Metsman Metsman
Jun '19

I don't think it's odd to eat a sub at 6 pm. What is odd to me, is when I pass by Mc Donald's and the drive-thru and parking lot are packed at 3:45 pm. What meal are they eating?

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

Mcdonalds probably has a light staff at that hour

Bug3
Jun '19

I'm saying the Grand Opening of Jersey Mikes was packed for a week. Now it's not.

Perhaps it's time for some Daily Special or Coupons again?

Jun '19

If someone is going to eat a loaf of bread slathered in mayonnaise and/or vegetable oil stuffed with high-fat meats and cheese... I would recommend doing it as early in the day as possible (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jun '19

There are so many better sub options there - I only eat them here because we don’t have ready access to stores like sub shack and tastee sub etc. I don’t think it will do well

Skippy Skippy
Jun '19

Quick Check is good. They have $3.00 specials (5) daily. They usually go for $6.00. Better than an expensive $8-9 for a SUB.

Jun '19

I miss Chris's Cuban sandwich from the Sandwich Shoppe. Toscana, Schmoscana... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jun '19

Sub Shack for lunch today. I had a French Cheesesteak on a toasted roll with mushrooms and onions and onion sauce. White american cheese. Just wonderful!!!!just found out that they have been in business here in town for 47 years. There are always people walking in and out. Check it out. BTW, I have tried Jersey Mikes. You can't compare the two businesses. Just can't be done.

Angela Angela
Jun '19

I would love if you could get a good Cuban sandwich in town.

What is a French cheesesteak?

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

Didnt care for Jersey Mikes

Waldo Waldo
Jun '19

They have 3 types of cheesesteaks. The French has big pieces of mushrooms, sauteed onions white American cheese with a white sauce on a toasted roll. I always get some homemade macaroni salad to go with it. Their salads are homemade throughout the day and are very good. Mac salad, potato salad and coleslaw. Also chicken salad and tuna .

Angela Angela
Jun '19

Sub shack is a great place , beats the box / franchise stores hands down !

steven steven
Jun '19

Thanks, never heard of a French cheesesteak. Sounds good.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '19

Recently went to Jersey Mike's not happy. There were 3 employees behind the counter making sandwiches. The one sliced the bread and what was going on the sub; it was
placed next to the sandwich ahead of it, sandwiches were crammed together as employees were working at different paces. I am a vegan and my sandwich was almost touching sandwiches loaded with bacon and meat that were waiting to be wrapped up. The customer behind me had his sandwich made ahead of me.

Sub Shack for me.

Brooke
Aug '21

You will have the same issue at sub shack

Bug3
Aug '21

Yes, I'd be immensely offended if some of Brooke's sandwich got mixed in with or touched my cheesesteak, other than bell peppers, that is. That lettuce stuff makes me cringe 50 percent of the time. Hard for me to get past 7th grade science class where my teacher kept lettuce in a jar to help grow the paramecia large enough to view them easier under the microscope. Eating salads is like torture, I have to think of the other ingredients, LOL!

Maybe they need sandwich separators , like the ones between customers in grocery stores, etc., but then they'd have to clean them off between every use...

Phil D. Phil D.
Aug '21

The jersey mikes in Mansfield has nothing on others. In East Hanover and Parsippany NJ etc. Much better tasting sandwiches and when you order for delivering ... Comments were suggested not ignored. Delivery also costs significantly less.

Believe me when you are ordering your vegan food elsewhere, they are mixing everything in the same dishes as all the other food, you just don’t see it.

I think Jersey Mike’s in Mansfield is great.

Jersey Mike's is "expensive"!!!!!

Bernie Bernie
Aug '21

Sub Shack on Main St. is the best!!!

njhokiefan njhokiefan
Aug '21

"I am a vegan and my sandwich was almost touching sandwiches loaded with bacon and meat that were waiting to be wrapped up."

Say it ain't so! Almost touching!?!?

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Aug '21

Do you make sure you dinner plate has nothing touching as well... LOL

Metsman Metsman
Aug '21

One thing that irks me at any Jersey Mike’s is the way the staff asks what your order is while they are in the middle of preparing another customers order. It always seems like I need to reconfirm my order when it’s time for the staff to dress my sub.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Aug '21

Support our local businesses Very petty. If you don’t have anything nice to say go elsewhere

I like flowers I like flowers
Aug '21

Love Jersey Mike’s!

Sport
Aug '21

I like flowers

Thank you!
I think so many people have no life and are a bunch of spoiled silver spoons on here! So lets Destroy other peoples Livelihood
Jerks!

Hotdogchili Hotdogchili
Aug '21

I am gluten free and order from Jersey Mike's regularly, they do a great job preventing cross contamination! Being vegan is a choice, but I am not gluten free by choice, for me it is a medical necessity. As a celiac, I'm very sensitive to the tiniest amounts of gluten but never had any reaction after eating at Jersey Mike's. To prepare my sub they wipe down the counter area then change their gloves, use a clean cutting board, clean knife. No other subs are on the prep area at the same time. I'm sure if you just asked them that they would prepare yours the same way to prevent cross contamination.

Pamela Pamela
Sep '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.