Jersey Mike’s

I heard they are looking to put a Jersey Mike’s next to the Dunkin Donuts in Mansfield. Has anyone heard the same?

Footlonger
2 weeks ago

Kinda looks true

https://www.nrdc.com/properties/retail/mansfield-commons#!leasing-plan

Just what we need...another sub shop...SMH

YessPlease
2 weeks ago

Jersey Mike's is at least decent. Better than Subway by a mile and IMO much much better than the sub shack. Not sure anything will deter the WaWa sub crowd.

Why doesn't this kind of stuff come to Washington Boro? Just asking :-D

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

"Just what we need...another sub shop...SMH"

Just what we need...another person complaining about a business coming to town to fill unused retail space...SMH

This place is really good!

I wanted a pizza shop or nail salon, smh, sign.....

strangerdanger strangerdanger
2 weeks ago

I was shocked at the number of JM's I encountered on my trip out west this summer... Minnesota, Montana, Utah, Nebraska, Missouri... seems like when people in flyover country aren't eating second-rate pizza, they enjoy third-rate deli sandwiches.

Ok I like Jersey Mike's but they're expensive. Subshack is a better value and good.

"Just what we need...another person complaining about a business coming to town to fill unused retail space...SMH"

Exactly. I wish some businesses would open in my town.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

@evets23 - I can think of 20 other better business choices to come to Hackettstown. With the amount of fast good places in town, Hackettstown may possibly be ranked a high cholesterol and fat person town.

YessPlease
2 weeks ago

Andy, those shops don't go to Washington Borough because they're afraid of being robbed by all the dope fiends. :P

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
2 weeks ago

"Exactly. I wish some businesses would open in my town."

Go for it. Make it happen Calico.
You can succeed if you put your mind to it.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
2 weeks ago

Dodgeball - I don't want to own/run a business, I want to patronize one.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Instead, you got patronized by Dodgebaal... is that close enough? (-;

+1 ianimal

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

I am quite excited that Jersey Mikes is coming to town. Having Celiac disease, there are very few places, other than Mamas, that I can eat without getting sick from cross contamination. I've been to Jersey Mikes in Ledgewood several times for a gluten free sub. Once I order gluten free, they meticulously clean the slicer and the counter.
Everyone on the line puts on new, clean gloves and they get out a clean cutting board and knife. I have never gotten sick from gluten cross contamination and the subs taste great!!

I tried Jersey Mikes and Primo Hoagies. Jersey Mikes subs tast like an Italian hoagie made in another part of the country. Blech. Primo Hoagies are far better and would do better here, IMO.

We need to remember, this is Mansfield and not Hackettstown.

:( I like sub shack.

I like crabcakes.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

I like trains!!!

YessPlease...enlighten us. What would be a better choice for Hackettstown/Mansfield? And you don't even have to give us 20. Maybe 5?

Primo is no where near what it used to be before it was franchised to the max. Still better than Subway though. I've never been to a Jersey Mike's.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Chick-fil-a would be a nice addition. Maybe a Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse to replace Ruby Tuesdays.

I wouldn't mind a Chick-fil-a, or maybe a Playa bowl. Chester has a playa bowl but then again Chester has the money. No crap getting put in Chester like a salvation army store, cash for gold and dollar stores. People in Hackettstown aren't going to foot $10-12 for a healthy bowl of yogurt, fruit and oats. They mourn when an artery clogging Arby's goes under.

No matter what comes to town I’ll still go to Tony’s luncheonette!!!!

Booster90 Booster90
2 weeks ago

I like Jersey Mikes. Any word on when it will open?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
2 weeks ago

Shake Shack. If we’re going to get another chain out here can it at least be something good?!

YeahRight YeahRight
2 weeks ago

Popeye's

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

@Tracy - How about a Trader Joes, a good athletic store, good hangout spot for kids (ping pong table, pool tables, board games, etc.), healthy juice shop, Playa Bowl....I mean this list can go on.

The last thing Hackettstown needs, is another pharmacy, fast food place, or a gas station.

YessPlease
2 weeks ago

We have a healthy juice shop already. We already have a hangout spot with lots of board games (four actually even though two are associated with 21+) We had ping pong/pool tables and only adults came, but not even close to enough.

Same posts, same people, same issues. It's not 1957 anymore, and our consumers don't make an effort.

Is there some type of eatery going where Enzos used to be?

Info from back in September:

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2018/30-burgers-coming-soon-to-high-st-in-hackettstown-dunkin-donuts-may-be-coming-to-same-location/

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
2 weeks ago

If we want a good fast food chain then we need to petition for in n out burger to come to the east coast.

First stop saying Hackettstown, this Jersey Mike’s is going in Mansfield

Second, most of the types of businesses you mentioned wouldn’t fit in the spot Jersey Mike’s is going so I dont get your point.

Third this area does not met the population and income requirements Trader Joe’s has for opening a store. Never going to happen in warren county. So when people suggest a Trader Joe’s it just shows how clueless they are.

Also when you say what business should come to town you have to keep in mind those business have to WANT to come to town.

Re: Jersey Mike’s

From the jersey mike web site

Takecareofit
2 weeks ago

Jim L.,
Perhaps you should contact Jersey Mike's and have them stop advertising their location as HACKETTSTOWN...even though its Mansfield

Along with that pony, a pizza shop, and a nail salon, I would like a Trader Joes, or Whole Foods. Now, you may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. Put it in Hastings Square so we can have Morris County demographics and call it located in Washington. How’s that Jim ;-).

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
2 weeks ago

Maybe some of you should school yourselves on Mansfield proper versus mailing address before jumping all over Jim. If you have a partial brain you would know it's all about the mailing address. Jersey Mike's will be in Mansfield!

Hope they man scape that Mansfield......

2 weeks ago

WGM..its advertised as Hackettstown...fight with Jersey Mikes

I don't get the attraction to Trader Joe's, the whole "organic" industry is such a farce.

Thanks WGM I guess people don’t understand that just because a location has a Hackettstown mailing address it doesn’t mean it’s actually IN Hackettstown. Billyt you do realize Hackettstown Honda, Hyundai and even Target are not IN Hackettstown even though they have Hackettstown mailing addresses and 2 even have Hackettstown in their name, right????

Why are you directing a negative at Billyt JimL????

He’s been consistent in referencing Mansfield, not Htown.

justintime justintime
2 weeks ago

my point JIT is it to explain to billyt why its being advertised as Hackettstown. Because they have a Hackettstown mailing address.

Google "1885 route 57 Mansfield NJ". And it comes up with Hackettstown, not Mansfield. That is why they advertise it as Hackettstown so people can find it. Wouldn't be able to find it if they used "1885 route 57 Mansfield NJ"

Jim L

I know its Mansfield ..

well then you also know why its advertised as Hackettstown. so what are we wasting our time on?

Why do I need to "contact Jersey Mike's and have them stop advertising their location as HACKETTSTOWN"?? They have a Hackettstown mailing address that's why it's advertised as Hackettstown.

I mean, not for nothing, but I have a Hackettstown mailing address but I don't tell people I live in Hackettstown. I don't even live in the same county. But you'd be surprised how many people are confused by the concept that your mailing address is not necessarily the geographic location of your home/business.

I’d ask “what’s the difference” but I suspect it has something to do with being able to tax businesses for using the town name. Otherwise why should anyone care????

justintime justintime
2 weeks ago

I love Jersey Mikes, not the restaurant, the thread. It’s not meaty, but it’s tasty!

2 weeks ago

JimL, aren’t you on the town board or BiD or in some way involved with the progress of building/businesses in this town? Why make a statement like “it’ll never happen in Warren county folks!” ?

My wife and I chose to live in independence (Hackettstown mailing address ;) because it’s beautifull and conveniently located reletive to where we work, not because we’re poor. We would absolutely patronize a Trader Joe’s and I know a lot of other well-off young families in the area that would as well. Maybe the current demo by and large doesn’t support my argument, but why say never? Do you see the area getting “better” or “worse?”

Consigliere
2 weeks ago

I wish Jersey Mike's the best of luck and success.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
2 weeks ago

"No crap getting put in Chester like a salvation army store, cash for gold and dollar stores. People in Hackettstown aren't going to foot $10-12 for a healthy bowl of yogurt, fruit and oats. "

And from what I read on here the people in LV are aren't going to foot $18-20 for an unhealthy hamburger and fries....

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
2 weeks ago

Consigliere I say never because that is the reality, maybe not the reality you want but it's the reality. Yes I am sure there are plenty of people that would shop at a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's (me included) The old Marshalls would be a great spot for a Trader Joes... but this area does not meet their requirements for a location. Population being the main consideration.

Whole Foods: they open 20-30 store per year NATIONALLY and have about 480 now. They have stated they are going to cap themselves out at 1000 stores. Their #1 requirement for a location is 200k people in a 20min radius. If you don't have that don't even bother applying for a store. We don't have that (Thank God) nor will we ever have that with all the protected farmland in our area. Nor do people living here want that. One of the best thing we have going for our area is we are not densely populated like Eastern part of our state. Metuchen and Bound Brook are the latest towns in NJ to get Whole Foods. We don't have the size and demographics those town have to compete for one. Morristown is as far west as they have gotten and they are probably not going to go any further west in NJ.

Trader Joes: isn't as open about their requirements but general census is they look at 3 criteria: population density with a high population of residents with college degrees; households with income of $100,000 or more; and a robust logistics/distribution network.. Again we don't meet those criteria. Florham Park is as far west in NJ as they have gotten to and probably won't get much further west. Randolph got close with but Trader Joe's back out and stating their strategy changed and they are not looking to expand in that direction ( west)

So it's not a knock on the people living here or a question of if we are poor or if the area is getting "better" or worse". Its a matter of these business put together business plans and high standards for locations and we don't meet those standards and never will.

So to synopsize, high end stores want high income earners and lots of them. Shocker. Conversely, a Salvation Army store looks for...I'm sure you can fill in the blanks easily now.

Jim L - Yup, that's basically Business 101. No franchise is every going to open a store in an area that does not fit their criteria for customers.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Tell that to Pizza Hut..... didn't tell close down across from MikeyD's?

Never say never.

2 weeks ago

Hey I hope I'm wrong and Trader Joe's comes to town. But unless they change their current business plan and requirements for locations I don't see that happening.

I'll never get the fascination with Trader Joe's... 90% of the stuff on their shelves is their own store brand and most of it isn't very good. It's certainly not what I would consider "high end"; it might be half a step up from Aldi's store brand, but it's still inferior to most name brand products. Whole Foods is a different story, but it's way more expensive.

Isn't Trader Joe's and Aldi's owned by the same corporation?Aldi's would be a good fit

" fascination with Trader Joe's" = 2 buck chuck..... need I say more....

2 weeks ago

The BID has been very aggressive in trying to bring an Adli to town. Came close and are still trying

and the two buck chuck is great, although its a few dollars more now and not every Trader Joe's in NJ can sell liquor so its even harder to find in NJ

Go to Bottle King and get yourself a 5-liter box of Franzia Cabernet for $16. Works out to $2.40 per 750 mL bottle... if you can't tell the difference between good wine and two buck chuck, you probably won't be able to tell the difference here either.

Exsqueeeeze me.....2 buck chuck ain’t about the money........well, actually it is.....

Actually, I’ll go anywhere’s the little ole man at Bottle King sends me. He da wine King, never misses.

2 weeks ago

Just as an FYI, there's a Whole Foods coming to Parsippany next year.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/parsippany/whole-foods-coming-parsippany-2019

Would love to see an Aldi's come to town. I hope that works out! Chick-Fil-A would be awesome too, but I doubt we meet the criteria for that.

I'm excited about Jersey Mikes because I'm so tired of all the other chains in town.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
2 weeks ago

and that location just proves my point. Per the Developers brochure for that location

Demographics

Population
2018 (estimate)
3-Mile 62,647
5-Mile 131,887
7-Mile 248,435

Avg. HH Income
3-Mile $131,787
5-Mile $147,829
7-Mile $149,347

https://www.rdmanagement.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/ParsippanyNJ_1118.pdf

How about The Fresh Market?

https://www.thefreshmarket.com/

Bar none the best tomatoes in NJ - stopped eating tomatoes until I had a sub at Jersey Mike's and great Roast Beef.

Would love to know where they source them - cause 99% of sub shops or any place have garbage tomatoes.

The best thing about Jersey Mike's is if you are a celiac they have great gluten free bread.

Doodlemom Doodlemom
2 weeks ago

We have a bunch of Aldi's here in Charlotte/Fort Mill. Also there is now another place that is similar but better called Lydl.

As far as subs, I do find myself going to Jersey Mike's sometimes. Obviously it's harder to get a real sub down here but you can also get reasonably good ones at Publix and Harris Teeter's.

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
2 weeks ago

There is another Mansfield Twp in NJ. Its located in Burlington County near Bordentown. Friends of mine lived there & when they 1st moved in 22 yrs ago company delivered their furniture to our Mansfield Twp, Warren County.

Their mailing address is Columbus & like us use Mansfield to describe different parts of town but Hackettstown is beast-- P.O. delivery town list is besst all on it's own. I'm firm believer should list as both for phone book/GPS reasons. Not sure if they say 2 diff things

NotForNuttin' NotForNuttin'
1 week ago

Support local! Eat at the Sub Shack

BusinessGuy1984
1 week ago

This 30 Burgers concept is interesting and concerning at the same time. Why have former locations now closed in somewhat upscale areas including Princeton and Red Bank NJ, just to name a few, during the last 4 years?

Inferior product?? Franchisee's that haven't a clue and can't run an establishment? Or?...

Will be interesting to see how this concept plays out in this area in 2019...

Lenny Rock Lenny Rock
6 days ago

We usually use C&L because they're friendly and have an option that isn't "ginormous". Sub Shack doesn't seem to have smaller sub options.

But the main reason we don't go there is that every time we tried them, the women in there were just plain nasty on the phone and when we went to pick it up. We always ask ourselves what we've done to incur the attitude and why would someone treat their customers that way??

Probably because there are SO many burger places.

30 burgers is very good. I've been to a bunch of their locations in central jersey where i used to live. My wife and i are pretty excited that they'll be moving in down the block from us. My friend who lives in LA came to visit recently and i took him to the one in Bound Brook. He told me it was the best burger he'd ever had. They also serve shakes. Good stuff all around. My guess is that the rents in upscale places might be too much considering it's not an expensive place to eat.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
5 days ago

Just about everyone you meet from Mercer County tells you he or she is from Princeton. (I dated a young lady from Lawrenceville for a long time and observed this behavior constantly) Hackettstown should take it as a compliment that a new business wants to be identified with their town :-D

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
5 days ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Jersey Mike’s
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.