Hackettstown Field Hockey

Yay!!! Our HS field hockey team beat warren hills in overtime and won the title!!! I believe the last time we won the title was almost 15 years ago!! Great job ladies!! So proud that my daughter will be playing FH next year when she gets to HS!!

http://wrnjradio.com/news/2018/hackettstown-high-school-field-hockey-team-wins-h-w-s-title-in-overtime/

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '18

Great accomplishment! Congratulations!

D's 4
Oct '18

Awesome!!!

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Oct '18

Congratulations

Cherie2 Cherie2
Oct '18

Congratulations! Job well done ladies!

Katie Katie
Oct '18

It was a great game. The Tigers lost a heart-breaking 2-1 OT game three weeks prior where they controlled most of the game, but just couldn't score. This game was evenly matched from start to finish even when they had to play down a defender due to a 10 minute yellow card. Not only had Warren Hills won the last 14 meetings between the two schools, they owned a 42-4-3 career edge heading into the game.

It's been a great season so far going 15-2-1. They have two regular season games left on the schedule. Wed 10/24 at Newton to try to win their 4th consecutive Freedom Division title (Tigers are 6-0 while Newton is 6-1 with their lone loss to the Tigers) and then Fri 10/26 at High Point.

They are the # 2 seed for the North 1, Group 2 Sectional playoffs, which starts today. They drew a first round bye and host the winner of the 7/10 game on Mon 10/29. Time of the game is TBA.

Come out and support the Tigers as they look for their first Sectional title ever with a potential match-up against perennial powerhouse West Essex. But, one game at a time for now.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

With a 2-1 victory tonight over Newton, the Tigers win their 4th consecutive Freedom Division title going 24-1 over that span with one division game remaining Friday 10/26 at High Point.

With High Point winning their first round playoff game yesterday, the Tigers will host them on Monday 10/29 in the quarterfinal round of the North 1, Group 2 Sectional playoffs.

Tonight's Newton game and Friday's High Point game were postponed from earlier in the year, so that's why regular season games are still being played even though the playoffs have started. The seedings for the playoffs are determined before the regular season ends.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

good luck ladies. that group has been very good since they were young. nice to see it culminate in a good season. though, it will be tough to be section champs, but, we'll see.

ken e
Oct '18

Go Tigers!!!

With a 6-1 win over High Point (it was 5-0 at half), the Tigers will host Lakeland on Wed 10/31 in the semifinals of the N1G2 sectional playoffs.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

Go Tigers!

Sport
Oct '18

Terrific team !! Field Hockey is big at the collegiate level and can get you a free scholar ship. Free education if you earn it.

Rutgers U is currently ranked #13 in the country and they just beat #7 University of Iowa.

fire251 fire251
Oct '18

https://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2010/07/former_hackettstown_high_schoo.html

A lot of people may not remember some of the stuff that went down two decades ago when the program was brought back from the deceased … and a decade ago when some intrigue went on … good thing the program has continued to flourish despite all the "crap" (about as bad a word as you'll ever see or hear me use).

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Oct '18

fire251 - "free education"? yes, there are many schools that offer some money, but only the money makers (football, men's basketball, women's basketball) offer full rides to more than maybe the one or two best on the team. there are only about 80 division 1 schools with field hockey, and they are only funded at 50% (meaning there only 12 equivalent scholarships available for 24 athletes on the roster).

i'm not suggesting to pursue it if you love it, or if you think it will help you get into a better school. i'm just suggesting not exaggerating the expectations.

as for Rutgers, they are having a good year! too bad they lost to ohio state in the quarter finals in the big ten tournament. i hope they get into the ncaa tournament, but, since they only take 16 teams, i have my doubts.

ken e
Oct '18

Andy

Who CARES about 20 years ago??? The Tigers are a very good Program under Coach Speirs! Well respected !! Go Tigers !!!

You are throwing our present administrators Under the Bus from 20 years ago? Why are you bringing up controversary ? And you were the Voice of Tiger Football on WRNJ Really ?? Pathetic !!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Oct '18

With a 7-0 victory over Lakeland today, the Tigers advance to the North 1, Group 2 Sectional finals on Friday 11/2 against West Essex. It was a total team effort as six different girls scored bringing their season record to 19-2-1. It's their third straight year in the sectional final. They lost a heart-breaking 2OT game to Voorhees in '16 and were outplayed last year by Rumson-Fair Haven losing 5-0. Could this be the year? It will definitely be a tough game, but that's why they play them.

LET'S GO TIGERS!

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

Since the game was at 2pm, the student body was allowed to watch the first half. The stands were full and it felt like a football game (without the band). However, 2:30 rolled around and they all disappeared into thin air. Only the true fans remained!

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

FHockey Dad,
Please keep in mind that maybe over half the school rides a bus and many have after school jobs. Parents aren't always home to pick them up by the time the game would end.

Congrats to the team and best wishes on Friday.

magpie magpie
Oct '18

magpie,

It was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment. I should have put a smiley face :-). No matter what time field hockey games are, there are very few spectators outside immediate family or a boyfriend of one of the players. That's just the way it is.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

You can do it Tigers!!!!! Let's Go!!!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Oct '18

Congrats tigers!

Where is the game being played?

Ziggy Ziggy
Oct '18

@West Essex in North Caldwell.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Oct '18

Best of luck to my tigers
They are up against many players who have been trained by an Olympic FH player and coach.
I have faith that the Tigers can do this!!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '18

Fhockey Dad

Totally agree with you. Things haven't changed from the 70's when I played for the school. The only difference was we weren't as good as today's players.

magpie magpie
Nov '18

Is Friday's away game also at 2:00 pm?

Harris Harris
Nov '18

Harris,

I believe so. If otherwise, will advise.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Nov '18

Has Coach Spiers stepped down as the head FH coach for HHS? I’ll be so upset if this is true

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Nov '18

Yes, he will be coaching FH at Centenary next year.

FHockey Dad FHockey Dad
Nov '18

He is also going step down as the head of security. He should. Have the boards pick someone else with actual experience.

Hockey mom Hockey mom
Nov '18

Oh Hockey Mom....you really should do homework...Coach Speirs is the same Lt Speirs that retired from the Warren County Prosecutor's office in 2012. He is more than qualified to be our director of security

https://articles-lehighvalleylive-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/articles.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2012/08/warren_county_prosecutors_offi_8.amp?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer= https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

StuffIKnow StuffIKnow
Nov '18

Hockey Mom - apparently you don't know about Spiers being a retired law enforcement officer. This is a loss to the district if he steps down as head of security.

Harris Harris
Nov '18

Hockey mom

I agree with you. He should step down as head of security. How would he have the time to do both jobs effectively

Retired Retired
Nov '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.