Anyone up for a Hackettstown Ghost Walk

There might be some folks that have not gone on one or maybe some that want to go again. I'm looking to doing one or two close to Halloween if there is any interest. Reply here or drop me an email.

John C John C
Oct '18

Definitely sounds like fun!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '18

No clue what it is...details please...

UptoYou
Oct '18

Interested. We've been on a walk with you John C. and it was fun.

Mrs. Pipes```` Mrs. Pipes````
Oct '18

It would be a two hour walk around the college and historical district of Hackettstown highlighing the haunted locations. We have new stories to tell about Centenary, Bea McNally's, and other local haunts. The walk would benefit the North Shore Horse Rescue of Long Island.

John C John C
Oct '18

Definitely interested!

NJSkyWatcher NJSkyWatcher
Oct '18

Interested!!!!

dadogmomma dadogmomma
Oct '18

I could get into this...How do we find out information regarding date/time/cost..?

UptoYou
Oct '18

I will be post all info (where, how much, etc) if we get enough people. I'm looking to do this maybe Halloween Night .

John C John C
Oct '18

I can only speak for myself, but a week night wont work. I would never be home from work in time to partake.

UptoYou
Oct '18

Would 8 or 9 pm work. We are still in the planning stages so we can work with people. Or we may go with the Friday night before Halloween if we have to.

John C John C
Oct '18

Is this open to teenagers as well? I think my son and many of his friends would be interested. Age limit? If nothing else, I am interested! Thanks!

I would like to join if I can make the date.

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Oct '18

Interested. Rather not drive on Halloween. Czig nice ending, closes at 10.... Will wear mask so stay anonymous ;-)

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '18

Are there any .... ghosts , that is ?

htownguy htownguy
Oct '18

Plenty ghosts. Including the 2nd most haunted house in Northern NJ

John C John C
Oct '18

I just went on one in Alexandria Va and it was terrible. Expensive too.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Oct '18

I love Old Town Alexandria, but yeah... everything is pricey down there.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '18

Hmmm,

I'd love to go, especially after being on a couple of "Tillie Walks", one with the Historical Society with the Paranormal Investigation at Centenary later. Unfortunately on that one, Mr. Sullivan (who was supposed to lead it) wasn't able to attend and the person from the Historical Society misidentified where Tillie's body was found. The Paranormal Investigation portion was excellent and if was great getting to work under your guidance and to observe. I did get at least one really nice orb photo in the Whitney Chapel that night.

The second one was led by two Centenary U. Drama students. Mr. Sullivan was in attendance and was able to "color" the already excellent presentation. From paying very close attention to the description in his book of the finding of Tillie's body I already knew approximately where she was found and he verified that near the end of the walk at the Taylor Memorial Library. The only drawback was that despite the personal amplifiers carried by the students, the walk was held on a Saturday afternoon and local traffic noise was a bit loud.

Halloween itself is definitely not good for me. I just bought a boatload of candy to give out then. I'm old school that way, no "Trunk or Treat" business for me.

The upside is, anybody that stops by my house in costume gets candy if they say those magic words, kids, their parents, also older kids that come out later than the younguns and their parents do.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '18

Ianimal......yes Old Town Alexandria is really a cool,place.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Oct '18

John C - I am in, dressed up as the bum that I am. I'll give away any candy collected, being diabetic.

DannyC DannyC
Oct '18

I would totally be interested, and I can easily get six or so other people to attend!

I always wonder about ghosts in the area, being that there is so much history here. Would love to know more info as you continue to plan this! Maybe try to stay away from Halloween night. The Friday before Halloween sounds good. :o)

ARCBM ARCBM
Oct '18

Absolutely!!! My boyfriend and I would go any night. 8 or 9 is fine for a Friday or Saturday night

AmeliaBedelia AmeliaBedelia
Oct '18

It would be nice if this benefitted a cause in town.

Sport
Oct '18

My husband and I are interested! We will be handing out candy Halloween night so we would prefer the Friday or Saturday before Halloween!

SunnySideUp SunnySideUp
Oct '18

To give sport an answer, we have done these walks and paranormal investigations for over 20 years, raising money for local groups and charity. We have raised thousands of dollars. I am personally involved with North Shore in saving horses that have been abandoned by their owners.
Alas, the response for this walk has been disappointing and I've decided not to do it this year. Our paranormal investigation in Hackettstown sold out in a few hours and I guess I'll devote my time to that.

John C John C
Oct '18

I just counted at least 18 people in this thread alone that said they were interested....

Seenit
Oct '18

Not too many of the 18 can do Halloween. Past years we had 100 +. The weekend is not doable since I have other investigations.

John C John C
Oct '18

interested

Pumpkin43 Pumpkin43
Oct '18

Any chance that it can be early November? I think you’d have a great turn out!

Where can I get more info on a paranormal investigation? Would even love to be involved in that.

ARCBM ARCBM
Oct '18

Halloween would have been perfect when "the veil between the worlds is at its thinnest." Only my opinion, but most trick or treating is over at 8 or 9? So I think it would have worked. Anyway, enjoy the ghost hunting!

Vanilla Vanilla
Oct '18

What about Goblins, huh? Doesn't anybody believe in Goblins? You never hear about this. Except on Halloween and then it's all negative stuff. And what about Zombies? You never hear from Zombies! That's the trouble with Zombies, they're unreliable! I say if you're going to go for the Angel bull you might as well go for the Zombie package as well.

George Carlin.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Oct '18

Would love to do walk Halloween night !!! Please let me know patrickmullin17@gmail.com

Pat mullin Pat mullin
Oct '20

This year with the virus and other issues we were unable to do the walks. Also been busy with investigations to do any planning. Next year hopefully. Please join our haunted Hackettstown page for more information on 2021 tours in you are on Facebook. We also have a Centenary college investigation page on Facebook. Join us tonight for the investigation of the Dark Shadows Mansion at 8 pm on the Travel Channel.

John C John C
Oct '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.