Gravity Weighted Blankets

I'm trying to help a friend get some feedback on gravity weighted blankets. Does anyone here use one and if so, can you tell me how you like it? Also, how do you choose the size and weight? This would be for a queen size bed. Online reviews were looked at, but would appreciate some input from HL'ers.

The weight of the blanket is based on the person’s body weight. You can look on line for information regarding the correct weight you need. Mosaicweightedblankets.com has a chart and some helpful information. Also if a dr prescribes you might get some of the cost covered by insurance. Good luck with your search.

I'm not familiar with this product. What is the purpose?

We got one for my daughter with ADHD. We paid over $200 for it and it was only 4.5 feet x 3 feet. It kind of worked for her. My other daughter uses it now and she loves it. It is not a cure all for sleeping issues but it does provide a level of security and comfort to some degree. This was just our experience though. It may work great for other people. Best of luck!

Jesse132 Jesse132
October 15th

I think gravity holds all my blankets down. but I was never good at physics.

So it's like a thunder shirt for humans?

Calico696 Calico696
October 15th

Ha ha sounds like it !

I searched it. Gravity is the brand name.

Gravity is a premium-grade, therapeutic weighted blanket that harnesses the power of deep touch stimulation to gently distribute deep pressure across your body. Engineered to be around 10% of your body weight, Gravity helps relax the nervous system by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged.

That's that! LOL

I think it's a gimmick.

Luca(Work) Luca(Work)
October 15th

It sounds like a gimmick in this pretext. That kind of therapy has been in use for years for people on the spectrum. It has shown to provide positive results with certain people and conditions This company simply took the concept and is touting it loudly as a sales pitch. Lets face it, people will dive head first into fads and such. Hey today's fad is tomorrow's yard sale item. It's the circle of commerce.

Who doesn’t like deep touch stimulation?

LOL, Josh. I did smile when I read that description. I have a couple of great one-liners but figured it's Monday got to ease into the week LOL.

I used to make them for my daughter but I wouldn't want to try and make one for a queen sized bed. It was hard enough to make them for her when she was a toddler. The weight beads need to be evenly spaced and distributied so the weight stays in place rather than shifting around and the amount of weight isn't universal as the other poster said. It's great for people who need bio-feedback in order for the body to relax, that's one reason why PTSD and ASD people use them.

I have a lot of anxiety when I go to the dentist. I'll often ask to wear the X-ray apron because it's weighted and it helps calm me down. I don't feel that I need a weighted blanket at home, but I can understand how it could help others.

Smilingbecs Smilingbecs
October 15th

These can be very helpful for some individuals - esp. those on the spectrum or with anxiety as already noted above - and you are right, some one decided to market that to everyone - just like fidget spinners, and will likely make a ton of money.

Thanks for the responses, I'll pass them on.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Gravity Weighted Blankets
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.