New phone scam

Called both Hackettstown and Mt Olive police to report this scam. They said there has been an increase in these particular calls lately.
Here is a copy of the phone message they left on my machine this afternoon.

"Yes this is Sgt. James like Donna with the Warren County Sheriff's Office calling to speak with the MY NAME and I need to contact us as soon as possible. This is in regards to ongoing civil matter on an emergency service number is 908-462-3755. Again that's 908-462-3755. Ma'am this matter is very urgent and requires your immediate attention. Again I'm Sgt. James McDonald ext. 14. Thank you."

just coach just coach
4 days ago

Get Nomorobo on your landline .The Xfinity website call log shows all the robocalls that I never got , it even blocked a couple of calls from congressman Josh Gottheimer as well as dozens of other nuisance calls .

Thanks 97XBAM I just found it interesting that they were using the Warren County Sheriff's office to run the scam. I will check into that.

just coach just coach
4 days ago

I heart nomorobo. Love to see them die right on the screen.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
4 days ago

yup nomorobo on landline and truecaller on cell - I report messages like that to the fcc--

4catmom 4catmom
4 days ago

I purchased refurbished Panasonic cordless phones over two years ago for 40 bucks . I've had GE , AT&T , a few VTecs , but these put them all to shame . Large numbers , headset jacks , take cheap AAA rechargeable batteries(original batteries still going strong) , talking caller ID , and will block 250 numbers . Don't really need that last feature with nomorobo . The newer Panasonics also have bluetooth (doesn't need an actual landline connection to use when you get a cell phone call when you link it to a cell phone) , baby monitor , and a simple call block button to block numbers - great phones if you still use landline !

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I4JHMVS/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I keep trying to do the Nomorobo thing but it says Verizon traditional landline can't be enrolled.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
4 days ago

Just started with Nomorobo a few weeks ago on our landline. It is wonderful! Also have the pleasure of reporting the numbers that still get through.

Blackcat Blackcat
4 days ago

ok, need i primer on how to set up a verizon land line with this nomorobo.

where do you get it from? how does it work?

GreyHawk GreyHawk
4 days ago

Re: New phone scam

wont work on my copper land line apparently, here's what i get

GreyHawk GreyHawk
4 days ago

Its VOIP land lines, i.e. Comcast not Verizon.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
4 days ago

I like Mr. Number on iphone - seems to have similar functionality.

https://www.mrnumber.com/

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: New phone scam
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.