RIP Mr. Bob Sheldon

Hackettstown lost a great pillar of our community. A very sweet man who truly loved Hackettstown.

Condolences to his family and friends.

https://www.cochranfuneral.com/obit/obit_detail.php?id=3117

Friendly is the word that immediately comes to mind. RIP

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '18

RIP, Mr. Sheldon , I hope they put a few root beer barrels in his suit pockets for the funeral.

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Sep '18

I was a graduate from 83. And my child 2016 and we both just adored him. He was the sweetest man you ever met!! He will be truly missed. God Bless to his family.

Hackettstown Hackettstown
Sep '18

Bob was a longtime friend and a classmate of my husbands..We have known him and his family for so long that I cannot remember when we did not. He was a fellow police officer with my husband as well. There are no words we can say right now that will say how sad we are that this great person is now gone from our lives. He has left a legacy to the town of Hackettstown that everyone will remember forever. R.I.P. Bob...You will be so missed...

joyful joyful
Sep '18

HE STILL HANDED OUT HIS ROOTBEER BARRELS EVERY SUNDAY AFTER CHURCH! He may be gone but will never be forgotten!

hopefully
Sep '18

He was my little league baseball coach. I was awful at baseball back then and yet he always made me feel that I was an integral part of the team.

Also, we sang "Officer Krupke", from "West Side Story", as part of our choral musical performance and he played Officer Krupke for the song. ''

We had so many conversations at school events through the years. He will be greatly missed.

Part of that song was edited for the sake of a young audience, I'm sure.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Sep '18

Officer Sheldon was a fixture at every HS sporting event, dance and graduation for multiple generations of Hackettstown students.. such an icon! We ran into him at Knoebels one time and he was handing out root beer candy even there.

What a wonderful legacy!
Our last candy from him was at 8th grade graduation 2018.

hktownie hktownie
Sep '18

My daughter goes to the high school, and she said today every teacher and every student stood outside in the HS parking lot, and the funeral procession drove through. What a fitting tribute. Also, apparently at the funeral home there were bowls of candies set out.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Sep '18

My daughter is a freshman and she was proud to take part in this lovely tribute.

Jessie
Sep '18

Mr. Sheldon is my dad. I miss him so much. But reading all the wonderful and touching comments from so many people really helps. I know what he meant to me but I get to see how much he meant to others as well.

Thank you for loving my dad as much as I do.

Janice Meade

Janice Meade Janice Meade
Sep '18

Your Father left this world bursting with pride just alone for being the "Daddy" of three beautiful ladies and great grandchildren to boot , Janice. He already is very much missed by so many of us who knew and loved him for so long. Happy Birthday in Heaven, Bob...R.I.P.

joyful joyful
Sep '18

By the way at last night's council meeting 9-27-18 they adopted a proclamation stating that September 16 will be known from now on in Hackettstown as Rootbeer Barrel day!
I mentioned it would have been his birthday.

Jim Sheldon Jim Sheldon
Sep '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.