Missing cat (FOUND)

Missing cat (FOUND)

Please share if you’re in the Hackettstown long valley or Washington area, my cat Timmy got out of his crate at Budd Lake animal hospital on 46 and ran into the woods behind it. He is a very friendly cat but is probably very very scared since he doesn’t recognize the area. If you see him anywhere please contact me he’s been on the loose since about 2:30. Thank you.
Please do not approach him for he will run away. Instead if you
see him post here where.

Thank you so much for your help

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Hope you find him! Try calling animal control? Is Budd Lake animal hospital helping?

Belinda Belinda
Jul '18

Yes! Budd Lake Animal Hospital is helping us.
They are wonderful..

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Contact the 11th Hour Rescue to put out cameras and traps and food.

Hackresident Hackresident
Jul '18

Oh good!! They are great. I bring my cats there. And I agree with hackresident..call 11th hour. They are helping my friend find her dog in the same area. He ran away last week Tuesday.

Belinda Belinda
Jul '18

Post signs w/ a picture of your Cat on Rt. 46 in Budd lake and other streets within a mile or two from there.

Someone may have taken your cat in, and doesn't read HackLife.com.

Jul '18

I’m so sorry, I live in the area, I’ll keep an eye out

The Budd Lake animal hospital is no longer across the street from the actual lake they are now at the bottom of the mountain near Target, so we're hoping he has wandered back down the street to Hackettstown territory which is why we are posting it here just in case. Will be posting in Washington Twp pages as well

We have already alerted all neighboring houses by the animal hospital and set up some traps in some of their yards behind animal hospital, will definitely be hanging up some signs as well. Thanks everyone! Will try to contact 11th hour rescue as well today, good tip

MissingCat MissingCat
Jul '18

Is that the location of where Dr Shatto was?

happiest girl
Jul '18

try calling pet adoption league , they may be able to help too with traps and have people walk around

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Jul '18

Yes Happiest I believe it is the same building that they took over, its to the left as you go around the curve at bottom of mt..... we had a sighting from a neighbor yesterday across the street so he is apparently moving and not afraid to cross busy 46. Please drive with care if you are going up or down the mountain today/this week :)

MissingCat MissingCat
Jul '18

Our cat is still missing, but we caught a really thin gray cat with white paws. We brought her home. If anyone is missing this cat please contact me. I will post photos later.

Thank you all for your help. Your kindness speaks words.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

I’m missing a gray and white cat. Do you have a pic of the cat caught?

Re: Missing cat (FOUND)

Yes Jenn

This was from last night when she was in the trap. I now have her roaming freely in one of my bedrooms. Very tiny/skinny

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Did you call animal control or any rescues?

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Jul '18

What a beautiful boy! I hope you find him soon.

positive positive
Jul '18

It is a beautiful kitty but sad to say not mine

Wishing you luck having your cat safe and home soon.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Jul '18

Our cat Timmy is still missing. If you could continue to keep an eye out for him it would greatly be appreciated. He is micro-chipped.
Only wish the chip included a GPS tracker :(

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Did he have any blankets he slept on? Maybe if you throw a blanket or towel from your house over one of the traps he'll go in because it smells familiar/like home. Also have you set up traps across the street on both sides of 46? If you haven't already contact the local station wrnj and have them ask people to please slow down around that area. Really hope he is found safe and sound soon!!

thecatsmeow thecatsmeow
Jul '18

Thecatsmeow

Yes we set up traps with his favorite blankets n toys. We also put his litter box outside. We go several times a day where he was lost calling his name n shaking his favorite treats.

On a brighter note we caught a stray kitten in the trap. We brought it home for we just didn't have the heart to leave it outside in the wild. Poor thing was so malnourished :( We posted everywhere about this kitten, but no one claimed it. This kitten is a sweetheart. I thought about giving it up for adoption, but I know deep in my heart it will become part of our family. ❤

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

That's wonderful Jacqui! Maybe your boy led you to this kitten? Fate perhaps, but I really hope you find your boy....

positive positive
Jul '18

Any updates on your missing kitty?

He is still missing :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Jacqui....when one of the neighbors had the sighting, what side of RT 46 was it?

Was it on the WRNJ side or was it on the side across from the vet's office?

I go through that area twice a day and have been looking.

I also drove through Peachtree apartments as well as the area behind Target off of East Avenue in the Mt. Olive area.

Let me know as I can take detours on my way home each day and look around.

I hope you find him soon.

Hi Rudy - He was spotted at the house right across the street from the vet's office by their shed, however we believe it may have been the white and gray kitty we caught in the trap that we set in that shed since they have similar colorings and may look alike from far away. We are not sure if the spotting was actually Timmy or not, other than that we have not heard of any more sightings

Thank you so much for looking out for him! Its been a week now so the radius he could have traveled surely has widened so any surrounding streets or neighborhoods are fair game at this point. He is a runner and gets spooked easily so anything could have driven him further from the animal hospital

MissingCat MissingCat
Jul '18

Was Timmy an outdoor cat or an indoor cat? And what town does he come from? I am hoping that maybe if he was used to going outside, perhaps he might find his way home. I know that is wishful thinking. Please let me know.

Or maybe someone took Timmy in and is caring for him? (and they don't read Hackettstownlife.com).

don't give up hope!

Jul '18

This was sent to me by a friend. if you're giving away a cat to a good home, please read this!

All my CAT rescue friends please note:
David Simon of Hackettstown, beat a six-month old kitten a local rescue gave him to death a few days ago. It's currently being investigated by the NJ ASPCA but he and his wife, Guadalupe, have contacted several other shelters today looking for kittens."

Posts about this were up but all have been taken down. Don't know if FB was involved in that. (updated: Brock Lane, Hackettstown... mailing address is Hackettstown but the address is in Mount Olive)

Thanks for your help Rudy. Missing cat poster is my daughter.
Timmy is primarily an indoor cat, but every once in the awhile he finds a way to sneak out. He escaped his crate behind Budd Lake Animal Hospital a week ago today n sadly so far no sightings. We have a trap set up behind the animal hospital n we go a few times a day calling his name along with shaking his favorite treats. We are completely devastated :( We live less than 2 miles from the hospital, so we are hoping/praying he finds his way home. We have his litter outside hoping the scent will help him find his way home.

As for the stray we caught in the trap, so far no one has claimed him. We brought him to the Vet last night n got him all his shots. If no one claims this beautiful baby(male very tiny cat, non neutered, approx age 2 to 4 years old, but such a lover) we will be keeping him for I already fell in love with him.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

AJMS

That guy should rot in jail, but from my understanding that happen in 2014.

But Tx for sharing for this man should never be allowed to own an animal again!

I think(don't quote me) that he is the same man that slapped the young girl behind the counter at Da Creamery in Budd Lake a few days ago.

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Jacqui...there is a senior housing behind the people's house across from the vet's.

Maybe Timmy ventured in that direction and someone took him in.

I don't know where the "rental" office is for them but maybe if you reach out to them they could alert their residents to be on the look out. Not sure if any animals are permitted there but it might be worth a try.

I will drive around there again tomorrow as well as Peachtree Village.

I know someone who lives in Brittany Manor as well as the rental agent & sent the picture to them to be on the look out.

Wiggles Wiggles
Jul '18

Have you gone at night calling out his name? I would think later at night when 46 is quiet would be when he'd be comfortable moving about. Maybe park in that old bus station area and walk down shaking the treats? Of course bring someone with you, might be a bit creepy out there at night! I go up and down 46 twice a day and am always looking along the sides hoping to catch a glimpse of him! He's got to be somewhere!

thecatsmeow thecatsmeow
Jul '18

thecatsmeow - Yes, we check multiple times a day. I check both on my way to work and on my way home (around 7:30 am and 6:30 pm) and my cousin works at the Budd Lake animal hospital so he is there all day during the day checking around the areas as well and around 8pm when he goes back to let the dogs out, my sister goes later after dark to check every night so we have all parts of the day/night covered pretty much. We had the same thought going at night since he is so skiddish :(

Rudy- Timmy comes from Hackettstown we live near the high school area, so it would really only be a straight trip back up 46 and down Warren for him to come home which we are hoping he finds. But since there are so many fields and neighborhoods nearby the vet im sure he did not go straight and wanted to explore! Since he is an indoor cat he is not out much, but when he does get out its around our house so he knows his way back and doesn't usually leave the yard so this is definitely a new scenario for him, he's lived a pretty sheltered life so far

Thank you everyone who is keeping a look out for him and spreading the word! We really miss him and his twin brother, JoJo misses him as well (Timmy on the left)

MissingCat MissingCat
Aug '18

https://lostpetresearch.com/2013/01/homing-ability-lost-cats/

Jacqui.....I found this article......thought it might be of interest........I live over on West Plane Street, not far from you.

I have alerted my one tenant who goes out on foot early in the AM...I showed him the photo of Timmy.

Missing cat, is JoJo a talker? If so, maybe you could record him and play it where Timmy went missing. Maybe it will bring him out of hiding.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Aug '18

do you have food in the trap? even dry food would be fine

Worried Worried
Aug '18

Yes we have food, blankets and treats in the trap but still no luck

MissingCat MissingCat
Aug '18

Jacqui.....I have been thinking....usually gets me in trouble..LOL....anyway, since there have not been any sightings, someone may have Timmy.

I saw that Wiggles contacted Brittany Manor.....perhaps it might be a good idea to reach out to Peachtree Village Apartments Rental office........

There are so many kind people out there and since so many people live in that area, maybe someone took him in and does not follow Hackettstown Life.

I am still looking around and I am keeping positive thoughts for his return home!

Post signs w/ a picture of your Cat on Rt. 46 in Budd lake and other streets within a mile or two from there.

Someone may have taken your cat in, and doesn't read HackLife.com.

put posters up in the few developments.

Aug '18

Rudy & Jacqui- The rental agent for Peachtree is the same as Brittany. They are all on the lookout there & shared the pic on facebook as well. I hope he gets home soon. Went through the area a little while ago looking.

Wiggles Wiggles
Aug '18

Thank you all for your help. Your kindness speaks words.
Our Timmy is still missing :( No sight of him in ten days. We have tried everything. Trap with his favorite blanket n food, we go at least twice a day shaking his treats yet nothing :(

On a brighter note the stray cat we caught in the trap found a home with us(For no one claimed him). My daughter's named him Oliver Benjamin(Ollie). ❤

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

Still missing:(

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

I have a feeling that someone has taken Timmy in. Very strange that no one has seen him.

I keep looking, but nothing. I saw that there is a small housing development across the street from the Vets as well. Maybe he wandered over into someone's back yard and made "friends" and they invited him into their house.......but that is just a conjecture on my part.....in the meantime, I will keep looking for you. :-(

If Timmy is living at someone's house (hopefully), that's why I said to put posters up on whatever you can (trees, t elephone polls, in back of signs, ETC ETC ETC.) every few blocks w/ Timmy's photo of him, up close. like a few mile span.

maybe that person that took Timmy in will see it and call you.

Aug '18

I second that, hackresident!

Jesse132 Jesse132
Aug '18

Update - There has been a possible Timmy sighting on Mission road off of Reservoir rd on 46 near the animal hospital. If you live near here or drive by please continue to keep a look out!

We are told the lady who lives at the house the sighting was at is very nice and is known to take care of strays, so its very possible our Timmy has found his way to this safe haven and is hanging around since its not too far from where he got loose

We are all here now looking around and will ask to relocate some of our traps here, fingers crossed

MissingCat MissingCat
Aug '18

I so hope you find your cat. I have been following post for good news. I would be devastated if I lost any of my kitties. Glad to know there are nice people out there willing to help.

HorseGirl HorseGirl
Aug '18

praying Timmy shows up on the property on Mission Rd!! Do you have flyers up in that area too?

worried worried
Aug '18

MissingCat..... I drove through the area on Friday on my way home.

I started on Naughright Road and then made a right onto Mission Road and took it to the end.

Made a right onto Spring Lane/Reservoir Road.

Looked all around.

Can you be a bit more specific as to where Timmy might have been seen without pointing directly to the house where the woman lives that feeds the "stray" cats please?

I will go by again on Monday.... Thank you!

Sadly it wasn't Timmy on Mission Road :(
There have been no spotting of him since the day he went missing behind Budd Lake Hospital :(
I went this morning before work n trudged through the woods again and nothing. Trap is still set up.

Thank you so much Rudy for all your help. I'm going to email you my phone number in case you spot him.

We aren't giving up. We miss him so much.

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

I saw a large cat outside my townhouse in Hastings Square last night. The cat looked like this one I live in Hastings near the pool The woods are not far from my unit so he could have come through that way. I'll keep an eye out to see if he is there tonight.

raptors raptors
Aug '18

Thank you so much Raptor. Hopefully it is our Timmy.

On a brighter note the stray we caught in the trap found a forever home with us. My daughter's named him Oliver(Ollie) Benjamin.

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

I work at lowes on mountain ave. Tonight I saw a cat that matches his description run into the bushes. This was at 10:30 tonight. I called out to him but he wouldn't come out

Kathy Kathy
Aug '18

He was in the bushes by where the old marshalls was. To the left of the entrance and he did meow when I stood there for awhile.

Kathy Kathy
Aug '18

Tx Kathy. We are headed there now. Hopefully it is our Timmy. We miss him so much :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

Any luck?

Kathy Kathy
Aug '18

Hi Kathy!

I am so excited that you might have seen Timmy last night. Are you referring to the bushes near Riverside Apartments or closer to Wendy's?

Maybe he is trying to get home. Strange, I went out looking for him early last night around 8:00 PM on my way home from work. I just had this strong feeling that I might see him.

Hope that your sighting of the cat was Timmy and that he is trying to get back into Hackettstown proper. :-)

Time will tell.

My daughter and I just spent an hour walking around the old Marshall's, checking bushes and behind dumpsters. We also checked around the bank there and behind the buildings. No sighting of Timmy. We tried tempting him with some savory delicacies, but we never saw him. We left the food there and are planning to check in a little while to see if he might have shown up.

colette colette
Aug '18

hi, maybe call eleventh hour rescue

If you are standing in front of the marshals walkway he was in the hedge on the left. The cat looked just like Timmy. He had a sweet meow. I am working tonight so I will look again.

Kathy Kathy
Aug '18

If you email me your cell phone number I will call you when I see him

Kathy Kathy
Aug '18

We just went back to check again and the food was untouched, so he may have moved on or maybe sleeping in the shade somewhere during the day. Might have better luck at night.

colette colette
Aug '18

I will look again tonight. There used to be a cat colony behind McDonald's so he may have moved there. Just a thought!

Kathryn L. Manos Kathryn L. Manos
Aug '18

Maybe go into the food places there and across the street and ask the employees to keep an eye out. He may smell the food and be hanging out around there or near their dumpsters.
I hope it is Timmy. If it is at least u r getting some sightings so hopefully now it’s just a a matter of time.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Aug '18

Maybe set a trap with food over there tonight?

positive positive
Aug '18

Thank you all so much for your help. We greatly appreciate it.
Still no luck, but we are hoping/praying it is him and
he's slowly working his way back home. We don't live that far from Lowe's. I put his bed, favorite blanket and toys on our deck hoping the scent will help him find his way home.

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

My tenant works at McDonalds and I told him about Timmy and showed him the picture.

I keep hoping that you will open your backdoor in the next few days and there he will be!

If that was Timmy he might very well be working his way back home!

Thank you all for your help trying to find our Timmy. He is the sweetest cat and we miss him so much.

Last night my daughter's went looking for him all around Lowe's. Today in between work I went looking as well. And just now my husband and I went behind McDonald's, all around Lowe's, Riverside Garden and the cemetery looking for him. It has been over 3 weeks since he went missing at Budd Lake Animal Hospital, but we aren't giving up.

A word of advice check your cat carrier for defects prior to putting ur cat in one. A hard lesson sadly we learned :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

Still missing as of 8/19 :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

Jacqui: did you post photos of your cat around town?

I hope you find him asap. if not, I bet a nice person took Timmy in.

don't give up hope!!

Aug '18

I’m looking up here on Drakestown.....

I just passed a b/w cat walking up west plane street. went around block and thought I saw him going into a yard at corner house

Hackettstown wife Hackettstown wife
Aug '18

Have you tried contacting 11th Hour Rescue? They have found dogs that have been missing for weeks by setting up a trap. Perhaps they rescue cats as well?

Any updates? I think about timmy every day!

thecatsmeow thecatsmeow
Aug '18

Timmy is still missing :( yes we called 11th hour rescue, but they never returned our call. I completely understand why for lost cats are hard to find unlike a dog.
We are not giving up on our Timmy. It has been 5 weeks since he went missing. We are truly heart broken :(

On a brighter note the stray we caught in the trap has become part of our family. He still hides within our house. It will take time to adjust him to living indoors since he is a stray.

Jacqui Jacqui
Aug '18

I'm sorry to hear Timmy is still not home, but happy to hear that you have a new furry friend.

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '18

Timmy is still missing, but was possibly spotted 3 days ago in the woods between 517 and Oak Hill Village. I have climbed through all those woods to no avail. If anyone in that area can keep a look out for him it would be greatly appreciated. He has been missing for 6 weeks now, but we are not giving up hope ❤

Jacqui Jacqui
Sep '18

I really hope you find him soon.

When looking for him..sounds silly, but look up in the trees as well. My husband found a missing cat who was hiding in the trees. For over a week we kept searching for him in the same area and one day my husband happened to look up. Low n behold the smart little guy was hiding quietly high up on a branch.

positive positive
Sep '18

Still missing 9/10
We are heart broken:(

Jacqui Jacqui
Sep '18

have you checked the warren county lost dogs and cats facebook page - lots of pics of found and lost pets

4catmom 4catmom
Sep '18

Yes! He is posted everywhere :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Sep '18

how about putting signs up by the four corners by Target.....

janice janice
Sep '18

Jacqui.... I look everday for a posting from you....and when I am out I keep a watchful eye out for Timmy.
I can only hope that since he has not been found that someone has given him shelter and a safe home.
Maybe someday he will re-appear at your door!
Til then I will keep looking.....my heart goes out to you and your family.

I saw on Facebook that there may have been several sightings of Timmy in the Oak Hill area. Will keep positive thoughts and prayers that you can track him down over there.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Sep '18

Any updates on Timmy?

Rudy he has been spotted several times the last week in the neighborhood right across the street from Budd Lake Animal Hospital. I just came from there looking for him. We have had a trap set since Sunday. I removed it tonight for I cannot check it thru the night, but will reset it again tomorrow morning. We are pretty sure it is him. The hardest task is capturing him.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

If anyone lives in Brittany Hills please keep a look out for our Timmy. We just want our baby home ❤
I have attached an updated photo of him. Tx again all for your help trying to bring our Timmy(Timonthy Nigel) home.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Thank you for letting me know. I will look on my way home from work each day. That has to be him. Probably some kind-hearted soul in that neighborhood has been putting food out for him so he staying in that area.

Keeping my fingers crossed that he will be back home anytime now! :-)

I’m apt. Sitting in Brittany Manor this weekend (senior housing) so i will keep an eye out as well & bring my carrier just in case!!

Wiggles Wiggles
Oct '18

Tx so much Rudy, Wiggles, Rebecka and Positive for your help. It is greatly appreciated.
I spent 2 hours today walking and driving through Brittany Hills plus hung up more signs. We are not giving up on Timmy.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Wiggles he was spotted near you at Brittany Manor. We will be there by 11 to look for him. Tx for keeping an eye out.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Ok i was out yesterday looking & this morning as well I will look for you later. Maybe today is the day!!!!!!

Wiggles Wiggles
Oct '18

I am beyond excited and in tears. A beautiful soul saw our signs and decided after work to walk through Brittany Hills and Brittany Manor looking for Timmy. She spotted him and contacted me. I left my job sight immediately and ran there. It was definitely our Timmy. ❤ We tried capturing him, but he ran away sadly :( But we are just estatic knowing after 2 1/2 months he is still alive :) Capturing him is going to be hard, but at least he is staying in Brittany Hills and Brittany Manor.

And a shout out to Wiggles for all your continued help. You have no idea how much it is appreciated and it was nice meeting you this weekend.

Attached is a pic of Timmy a few hours ago.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

So glad to hear this news. He's probably so frightened. Hopefully you can catch him soon. The pic didn't come through. :(

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

Yay! Little Scamp!. Does anyone have security cameras maybe you can see where he is staying. Hope you catch him soon!

Oct '18

Here is the pic from today :)
That Saint Anthony prayer may really work ❤

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Call that Rescue Service through 11th Hour Rescue that "Romeo" the escaped German Sheppard's keeper used. Do a search for "Romeo" from last fall/winter 2017.

Oct '18

I called eleventh hour rescue twice n my daughter once. They sadly never returned our calls :(

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

I am so excited that you finally found him! What a great community coming together to help find Timmy! Just goes to show you can't give up!

HorseGirl HorseGirl
Oct '18

It is my pleasure to help Jacqui & so nice meeting you!! We will get him soon!!! He’s so close!!!!

Wiggles Wiggles
Oct '18

Omg that's wonderful news! I'd set the trap with food right near where you found him. Maybe lure him into the trap by making a trail of sardines or tuna going into the trap.

Put the remainder of the food towards the very back of the trap. Also, cover the trap with a large trash bag in case it rains. Of course while waiting, lay low, stay very quite, turn cell phone off, stay at a distance and just listen for the trap to go off.

I'm so excited! Good luck!

FYI-that camera still didn't come in yet, but hopefully you won't need it.

positive positive
Oct '18

On second thought, you could just make a trail with the juice from the cans of sardines and tuna and put the actual food in the trap. If he doesn't like fish just use his favorite cat food. Maybe put a shirt with your scent or one of his blankets near or in the trap?

Cats are very smart, they have to be very hungry to go into a trap. If you can communicate to some of the residents in the development to not feed him the day you are going to trap.

positive positive
Oct '18

Timmy has been found! He finally went into the trap which my dad checked around 3am this morning before heading to work and there he was! He seems very happy to be home not scared at all and already sitting on our laps. Besides being a little skinny and one tick, he seems in good health.. thanks again to everyone!

MissingCat MissingCat
Oct '18

Timmy is home!!! He was caught at around 4 this morning. Another happy ending!!!!!

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Oct '18

So happy to hear he is safe at home!!!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

Fantastic news!!

Molly
Oct '18

WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!❤️❤️❤️

Wiggles Wiggles
Oct '18

Yeah!!!!!!!

Jesse132 Jesse132
Oct '18

I love a happy ending. I'm so glad he's home and hope he keeps his little butt in the house after this adventure.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '18

wonderful! I drive up and down rt 46 every morning and evening andIi am always thinking about him...so happy for both of you!!!

janice janice
Oct '18

Here is our Timmy safe and sound already indulging in his lap pets again... time for a long cat nap and some treats to fatten him back up :)

MissingCat MissingCat
Oct '18

This is wonderful news! So happy he is finally home.

raptors raptors
Oct '18

omg - that is just great

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '18

I live out of state but have been following this situation since it began. This result has made my day. I'm so happy for everyone involved especially Timmy. Bless all the animals.

Jacqui,

SO happy for you!!! take him to the vet today for tests.

tell us details please. did you use a trap and other items to lure him?

2nd thing to do: Get another kitty carrier. :-)

Oct '18

So happy for you! Welcome home Timmy!

Kathy Kathy
Oct '18

This makes me teary-eyed with joy! I once had a cat that came home after being missing for four months. I often wished she had been able to tell me all about her adventure! Congratulations.

colette colette
Oct '18

I am so happy for you. A friend of mine had her cat come home after 6 months. She just appeared in the back yard. We never knew where she had been, but she wasn't sick or hurt or even stressed out. We think someone may have taken her in, and first chance she got, she headed home. I was worried about the highway where he disappeared, but he apparently negotiated his way around. What an ordeal for you and your family. So glad it ended well. How does he like the other stray you found and adopted in the meantime?

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Oct '18

Wonderful news!

OMG! So happy! Made my day!

HorseGirl HorseGirl
Oct '18

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

I'm tearing up with happiness!!!

positive positive
Oct '18

I have also been following this since the beginning. I am so happy for your family. What great news!!!!!

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Oct '18

YEAH, I have also been following from the beginning and praying every day. Timmy has a wonderful family that would not give up on him. And i'm sure Timmy gives back so much love in return. I am so so happy for you and your buddy. You alsomade my day :)

maybebaby
Oct '18

Hackresident- Everytime we got a new sighting we would put up some posters in that area which drew in even more calls of sightings. We narrowed it down to the Brittany Manor area and actually saw him a few weeks ago but he ran away so we knew the sightings were actually him. All new sightings we also would place the trap with moist food near the house of the most recent sighting hoping he was still close. We had a lot of help from some Brittany manor residents/employees/friends of residents as well that assisted in checking the trap and always keeping an eye out! Wouldn't have been possible without their help. We also had some HtownLifers donate traps and trail cams which we wound up not needing to use. Thanks to all those as well!

My mom is at the vet with him right now for a 2:20 appt, so I am sure she will comment back status tonight

Colette- We feel the same way, wish we knew what he did on his "vacation"...hes always been a wanderer and loves when we let him out for a little bit out back but I think he is adventured out after this trip :) He knows his way back when he goes out at home, but not miles away from the vet so he may be a bit traumatized!

Lonesome Dove- I'm not sure if he has seen Ollie yet (the stray), Ollie has been camping out mostly in our basement since we brought him home in July. He has become a bit more comfortable as he comes upstairs to eat now and sometimes play with the other cats but is skiddish around humans still. We wonder if Timmy met him out in the wild before Ollie was captured!

MissingCat MissingCat
Oct '18

Very happy to hear the good news!, Hope Timmy and the little tabby get along .. Thanks to everyone who helped, what a great community!

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '18

Missing Cat: I'm so happy and relieved for your finding of Timmy. I pray that he is okay and has been eating somewhere at a nice resident of Brittney Manor that adoped Timmy as their outdoor cat.

Please let us know how he is after the vet's office and how the blood work turned out.

I've followed this story since the beginning and always said to keep posting posters w/ his picture on it all over the Hackettstown area. Congrats, I bet you are so happy and relieved!!!

Oct '18

Vet Update:

Timmy was previously a muscular ~17 pounds and is now currently only 9 lbs, so he has lost quite a lot of weight but other than that he is in pretty good shape. He is not dehydrated (there was a stream right next to Brittany manor so we believe he had good access to water along with all the rain we have been getting, but not as much for food). They put topical on him to kill any ticks, fleas, worms or mites he may have but no evidence up front of anything wrong. Will keep him separated from the other cats until the topical kicks in fully. We have to bring him back in 3 weeks for a round of shots, but overall he is doing well and was a really good boy at the vet!

MissingCat MissingCat
Oct '18

I am THRILLED he was found............

littlelu littlelu
Oct '18

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Oct '18

So happy you found him! Have been checking this thread almost daily hoping to see that he was found. So glad you guys never gave up!

Thecatsmeow Thecatsmeow
Oct '18

Jacqui: Did the Vet do blood work? please let us know how that goes.

that's a lot of weight to lose, at least he wasn't dehydrated too.

I bet he's happy to be home again!

Oct '18

We've all been really worried about Timmy!

Tuna for everyone!!

What a happy day in HackCATStown! Everybody all together now:

Paws in the air!! Paws in the air!!
Yeah! Yeah!
Paws in the air!! Paws in the air!!

Sugar Sugar
Oct '18

What a journey Timmy has had and how fantastic that he is home!
We have all followed along, with worry, hope and finally joy!
If he could only share his perspective!

So very glad for this wonderful outcome!

rleaf rleaf
Oct '18

Keep them inside - PLEASE -what a nightmare to go through

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '18

4catmom. He broke out of a defective carrier at Budd Lake Animal Hospital while I was bringing him there to get shots. He did NOT get lost at home due to us letting him outside.

On a bright note Timmy is doing awesome and so happy to be home. He won't leave our side ❤ He is still the lover even after gone missing for almost 3 months.

To all that helped finding our baby we can't thank you enough.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

So just checking in to see how Timmy is doing. So happy that he is home. Puts a smile on my face everytime I think of it!

So please keep us updated!

Update on Timmy

Timmy and his twin brother JoJo hanging out today in our family room ❤

Timmy is doing amazing.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Jacqui, thank you SO MUCH for the update, I didn't want to bug you, but was hoping that you would let us know how he is doing - wonderful to see him!!

pmnsk pmnsk
Oct '18

Here is another pic from tonight with his brothers.
We are so happy he is finally home ❤

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Nice pics! I'm wondering if his brothers have been quizzing him about his big adventure.....

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '18

Purrfect!!

Snoozefest in HackCATStown!!

Sugar Sugar
Oct '18

Jacqui,

How did all the blood work turn out on Timmy?

So very happy for you - what a great ending!

Oct '18

So so happy you got your baby home!!! Love the pics!!

Hackresident

No bloodwork done for the vet didn't want to traumatize him more! His stool sample came back fine. He is going back to the vet in 3 weeks for shots! He is only 3 years old n had all his shots at a year and a half. Our vet isn't worried.

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

Exactly Calico.. We are wondering the same

Jacqui Jacqui
Oct '18

I didn’t want to bother you either Jacqui. Timmy looks wonderful!! Food, warmth, a super loving family who worked tirelessly to get him back & the comforts of his own home. Life is Good!!!!! LOVE the pic’s!! We can never get enough of a happy ending like this!!!❤️

Wiggles Wiggles
Oct '18

Thank you for the update! He can sleep peacefully now that he is home safe and sound.........so grateful that he is home with his "family" again!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.