Disability lawyer/Rheumatologist recommendations

Looking for a reasonable Disability lawyer and any helpful info.concering disability.Also any recommendations for Rheumatoid Arthritis doctor

Twin pines Twin pines
Jul '18

Allsup - https://www.allsup.com ---- excellent for disability claims. Allergy, Asthma & Arthritis Associates- Dr. Golombek.

If you are filing for social security disability your attorney only gets paid if you win. It is based off of your retro active payment, it is a federally regulated fee.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Jul '18

If you want a really good doctor for Arthritis and do not mind traveling, I recommend Dr. Durback. He is located in Phillipsburg, NJ or Easton, PA. He is really good, but he is usually has an hour wait time.

NJMom
Jul '18

Allsup is an excellent choice for filing a claim. The process is not easy but they help guide your through it. The Social Security Team can be very aggressive, but don’t let them intimidate you. Don’t be surprised if you are denied the first time around either. The Social Security Team are a tough bunch of cookies with their own doctors and their own guidelines which can easily overrule your own doctor’s decisions. The Social Security web site is also a great resource for information. YouTube also has some great videos. I’ve attached a link to one of them. Wishing you the best of luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQFbwq4dNA&list=PLGSYaZN04xzFCoEqDlY3n7xgWLh55vvDh

Kid The Kid The
Jul '18

Law office of MaryJean Ellis
(4) · 15.7 mi
Legal Services · Newton, NJ
973-940-8635
Just does comp and disability

MntnBandit MntnBandit
Jul '18

Anyone successful filing for disability without a lawyer?

Twin Pines Twin Pines
Jul '18

Well, one has to ask the question -- are you really disabled?

Words of advice: get a lawyer! My spouse tried on their own for TEN years! Kept sending them to SS doctors who said “totally and permanently disabled “, then SS would say, oh we don’t use that doctor anymore, go to this one. Ten years my friend. SS will try to wear you down, make you give up. Just bite the bullet and lawyer up. And if you do get a lawyer you still need to follow up with them regarding deadlines for filings and hearings. You are your own best advocate. The lawyers have many cases so remember it’s the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Good luck!

Must use a lawyer. %99 get shot down and have to deal with mounds of paperwork, go through appeals and finally, after a year or so see the judge. The only ones that get approved, on the first try, are usually terminal. If you are able to put paper clips in a box (following simple instructions), you can work. Unfortunately they’re not responsible for finding such an opportunity or transportation to said job.
Dr. Gutkin, (The orthopedic institute, I think it’s called), is part of a great pain management group. They’re well staffed and able to handle disability forms. I hope you feel better and good luck with your claim. BTW, the waiting period for Medicare, if approved for SSDI, is 24 months. Used to be 5 months. The government has to get that $1.5 trillion, they gave to the wealthy corporations, back.

Guilty-Remnant Guilty-Remnant
Jul '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.