Please curb your dog!

From what I observe, dog walkers are generally respectful of property in residential neighborhoods.
However, I seem to see that lacking for Main Street at times and places like the island on Prospect Street, Public Library and Historical Society front lawns.
Please pick up after your dog EVERYWHERE!

WCGuy WCGuy
Jul '18

People who do not pick up after their dogs on the state park trails I run should have their dog taken from them. They obviously can’t handle the responsibility. I realize you’re 2 miles deep in the woods but YOURE STILL ON A TRAIL THAT PEOPLE RUN AND WALK ON!

ahhh, I feel much better now :)

Consigliere
Jul '18

I'm a dog owner, and I agree 100%

A little courtesy and consideration for others is easy to do. Don't be a rude, inconsiderate, lazy-ass!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jul '18

This is a huge pet peeve of mine and my husbands! We own 2 dogs and live in the College View section of town. We walk our dogs almost every day (with bags!) and come across loads of dog poop of all sizes on many of the streets in the neighborhood. We even have a sign on our mailbox post that asks that you pick up after your dog. Apparently, people can't read, or just don't care because we often find loads all over the property. I guess they think it's ok for Fido to relieve himself on private property or in the street and there's no need to pick it up! I wonder how they would feel about stepping in another dog's excrement when they go out to get their mail!!
BOTTOM LINE PEOPLE.....IT'S THE LAW TO PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG OR RISK PAYING THE $250 FINE. There are signs stating the law posted everywhere, so have a little consideration or walk your dog on your own property.

Dogmom Dogmom
Jul '18

My neighbor put up a small wire fence around the stop sign which is next to the curb by his house. .LMAO...! Yeah okay that’s gonna stop the dog..

pampurr pampurr
Jul '18

As a dog owner I agree. I walk my dog almost every day at field of dreams in Independance. The township even provides "doggie bags" and I still see droppings. How inconsiderate and lazy can you get.

marjon marjon
Jul '18

PLEASE pick up after your dog. Occasionally a gift is left on the grass area in front of where I live. If you can't take the time to clean-up after your dog, then leave him/her home on your lawn. Also if you forget to bring a bag, just knock on the door of the house where the mess is and explain that you forgot a bag and ask for one

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Jul '18

An old coworker moved to Morris County a while ago and literally his 2nd day in the state he was walking his big Labrador and didn't pick up (he was from Texas and I guess they don't there?). A few minutes later the homeowner handed him his dog's poop in a bag.

I was happy it happened. Welcome to NJ, we don't put up with your cra! Since then I have not heard a better story about dog pooping offenses; actually wished it happened more.

There is an old codger near me that has a perfectly manicured lawn and is always keeping an eye on it. He will literally come out when he sees offenders (and potential offenders) and tell them that he does not want the dog on his grass. It is really funny...

Old codger?? might have been me or someone like me. Sometime back I was in my garage, saw a woman from down the street a ways walking her monster mutt past the house, said mutt proceeded to deposit a monster load on my lawn, I confronted her and asked if she was going to pickup, she gave me "the look" and kept going. Got a shovel, scooped it up, followed her home and gave it right back to her - do it again too.

OldSam
Jul '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.