Sirens in Hackettstown 7/16

Lots of sirens..anybody know what's going on?

Bug3
Jul '18

You can always check the EMS site.

http://www.wcpublicsafety.com/firstresponder/wc911/actframe.html

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

Or you can join the rescue squad or fire department. They re always looking for volunteers and then you will be the first to know what is going on.

Irishresq Irishresq
Jul '18

Irishresq - Excellent point!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

Or you could just answer the question

Bug3
Jul '18

Seriously. Why not just answer the question? You all act like no one has ever asked anything like this before

Ollie Ollie
Jul '18

"Seriously. Why not just answer the question? You all act like no one has ever asked anything like this before"

And nearly every time someone asks, I post the link for the EMS dispatch.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

they were giving donuts away

kcusuoy kcusuoy
Jul '18

I can never get teh EMS Dispatch to work. Always down.

happycamper happycamper
Jul '18

And as I usually give the same answer. If you are so concerned you can volunteer, instead of just being nosey.

Irishresq Irishresq
Jul '18

Then perhaps they should take the website down....not nosey...curious

Bug3
Jul '18

Sometimes there are lots of sirens and it turns out to be nothing major.

Jesse132 Jesse132
Jul '18

https://mobile.twitter.com/WCAlerts?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Another site for public safety info, Bug3.

Quiet one Quiet one
Jul '18

I agree 150% with irishresq if its not being nosey then join and help your community............ be that person.

kcusuoy kcusuoy
Jul '18

Why be so nasty about someone posting there concerns about sirens and safety of the town ??? This forum is just being about cut throat. If we put all oyr nasty energy towards being nice to one another imagine what we could accomplish.

Curious Curious
Jul '18

This whole forum is getting sickening. Its really nice when you can read nice things , trying to help others out with everyday situations, but it always turns nasty. I really dont get the whole belittling bs and nastiness? U actually can go on any topic and ask advice and will b shot down like ur a piece of cr**.

Curious Curious
Jul '18

You sound fun, irish.

its not about being nasty. its about all the sites out there so people can be nosey then it is all over the internet. with the wrong story gossip started. and the possible chance that the person or persons involved. that the family finds out through the internet then the correct way. to much gossip that's all im done.

kcusuoy kcusuoy
Jul '18

"I agree 150% with irishresq if its not being nosey then join and help your community............ be that person."

so you know, beyond the shadow of any doubt, that anyone that asks is absolutely capable of volunteering with nothing to get in their way like having to take care of a loved one that can't be left or a disability that would prevent it?

and speaking of nosey, you were nosey enough to see what was posted in this thread. you could have easily just skipped over it. 'be that person' as you say. lol

This thread is making my brain hurt. If you all hear sirens in the next few minutes it's because my head exploded.

hipster hipster
Jul '18

There are sirens right now!!

happiest girl
Jul '18

I’m just nosey. I don’t want to look somewhere else and I don’t want to volunteer on any department. If it’s something I can help with after I find out then I will.

A nice response would be “I don’t know but you can try looking here.....”

I agree, so much energy being put into snarky anymore.

Sorry to the original poster.

Walking Girl Walking Girl
Jul '18

@Quiet One thanks for that link. Very helpful.

Jul '18

If I was nosy I would have followed the firetrucks..I was just curious

Bug3
Jul '18

LOL Bug3!

Jul '18

Bug3 good one.

Ollie Ollie
Jul '18

I'm being nosey now ha. All these people just saying check this website or join up. What are you hiding? /S

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jul '18

I dont get it. Maybe ur all insane. Too much time on this forum. Its simple she asked if anyone knew what was going on? Is it too hard to say " dont know " but instead they should join the squad.... what. What, i think this forum is more damage than the good it should be.

Curious Curious
Jul '18

As the one poster stated, there have been numerous times where family members have found out about injured loved ones due to posts on FB and groups like this. There has also been numerous times where the keyboard warriors of the world have jumped to conclusions and started spreading false information.
There is actually a new law out there that states if any first responder posts pictures from a scene where the victims can be identified, they can be fines and or jailed. WC Prosecutor Burke has made it very clear that he will not tolerate that. Besides that, it would be a HIPAA violation if any information was shared.
Too many times do we, as first responders (EMS/FD/PD) get asked by just about anyone who knows what we do "what happened on that call' or "what happened to my neighbor?" Everyone says they ask because they are concerned, to which I call BS. I call BS, because 99.8% of the time when I ask those same people who were so "concerned" if they reached out to their neighbor to ask if they were ok or what happened, their answer is NO. And this isn't a new issue, it has been this way the 30+ years I have been involved. It has just gotten worse with social media and sites like this.
So you can't tell me you aren't being nosey by asking. If it was something that was that serious, that was going to affect to affect the community, you will be told.
As for not being able to volunteer, I know it's not for everyone nor is everyone able to volunteer. Volunteers across the nation are becoming a rare thing. I know I have seen the numbers declined seriously during my time.

Irishresq Irishresq
Jul '18

It's usually the volunteers that talk...not sure why you are blaming a forum...most volunteer fire departments are giant social clubs..the go to pig roasts or wet downs and swap pictures and stories with other volunteer fire departments

Bug3
Jul '18

Why do people have to be so sarcastic and insulting when a simple question is asked? I'll bet their the most curious if a police or emergency vehicle passes with there sirens on No doubt there the ones being nosy about who's doing and saying what in town otherwise they wouldn't be on the forum. I can't take people with arrogance who think there funny, and yes those types ruing the site. Just answer the question or not.

hpsix
Jul '18

I am blaming the forum and FB because that is where I see the most inaccurate information and rumors spread. Yes members talk at the firehouses and squad buildings, but the departments I run with do not go into details about calls when the public is around. And if they are talking about calls at wet downs and pig roasts, that is after the fact and I HOPE after the families have been notified. I agree they should not be talking specific if the public is around.
My issue is all the "experts" that comment on forums, FB and newspaper articles about how they "KNOW" what happened when they weren't there nor is the investigation (if there is one) has been completed.

Irishresq Irishresq
Jul '18

Nobody has asked for any dirt...a simple answer like car accident would have been fine

Bug3
Jul '18

I've lived here long enough to realize that with a regional hospital in town means lots of sirens due to out of town rescue squads coming into town. Just be thankful for the first responders that blow those sirens.

John C John C
Jul '18

So Irishresq should we shut down all social media and everyone should stop communicating with eachother unless it is deemed acceptable and appropriate by .......... who exactly?

I think the choice is to simply give an answer or not give answer to a simple question. No one is asking for names or specific "injuries" etc. AND if someone were to post that info the moderators of this site would remove that post.

If there are sirens and I ask if anyone knows what is going on in the town I live in and someone says yes there's an accident over on "abc" street. Then I know not to go over by "abc" street and to find an alternate route. OR perhaps my friend or relative lives there or drives by there at that time, I can make a call to check that they are alright.

It's just information. It's NOT top secret. I'm sorry that a few (and I'm sure very few) folks found out something about a relative on HackettstownLife. You can find out surprising things on the Hackettstown Police FB page as well. It's public information.

Jul '18

Yes Hackettstown Girl it can be found on the PD facebook page, usually a day or 2 later not as it's happening.
Not everyone needs to know everything as it is happening. By putting on here, as you suggested, there is an accident on ABC street, what will happen in reality is more people will head over to check it out than stay away.
the more people there to gawk and be nosy, the unsafer the whole scene becomes.

Irishresq Irishresq
Jul '18

I think most people who read forums wouldn't stop what they are doing and run to an accident.. just want to avoid the mess and confusion

Bug3
Jul '18

You would be wrong, trust me.
You would be amazed at how many people will be standing around watching/taking pictures or video at the scene of big accidents and fires

Irishresq Irishresq
Jul '18

But they don't come from forums...people have scanners..see fire trucks etc

Bug3
Jul '18

Plus one Irishresp.

I come from a family of first responders(volunteers). Someone extremely close to me is a volunteer EMT.

Rule of thumb if it doesn't involve you no reason for you to know about it! And no reason for you to post about! Respect the families privacy involved during their crisis and let the first responders do their job!

If you're worried about getting stuck in traffic due to an incident download n use the traffic/GPS app WAZE. It is a wonderful app.

And if you think you can do it better become a volunteer. All local squads are in desperate need of volunteers...

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

Sooooo , what were all the sirens?

Boobalaa Boobalaa
Jul '18

A cat stuck in the trees.....

Jacqui Jacqui
Jul '18

What if there is a shooting from a grazed gunman that I didn't know about? (this has happened in H-town many years ago) Then I'd be a walking target.Thanks

hpsix
Jul '18

this thread has truly become too ridiculous even for me
.......or has it??
I'm not sure if sirens exist but the OP said "lots of sirens" I think sirens, such as Lorelei, are legend
https://www.stripes.com/news/rhine-river-valley-mystical-lorelei-statue-continues-to-enchant-visitors-1.170886
but if there are indeed "lots of sirens" in Hackettstown it would be wise to not be lured in, it would be wise, no matter how curious, to not track it down
just saying

Whistles you're hearing now is a huge house fire on Mr. Rascal Rd....the entire house looked engulfed (spelling?) in flames.........pray for the family!!!

littlelu littlelu
Jul '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.