Housing for my mom and brother (emergency)

I’m trying to help my mom and younger brother (he’s 15) find a place to live in Hackettstown. My mom is not well and is really struggling, and they don’t have much money. She’s been in and out of the hospital and my brother just wants to be near his friends. Does anyone know of housing options (even if it’s renting a room in someone else’s house) that are under $800? I’m trying to avoid having them go to a homeless shelter but it’s getting to that point. I really need help guys. Thank you.

Matt Smith Matt Smith
Jul '18

Look at grocery store bulletin board. Hope you find something

Jhardworker Jhardworker
Jul '18

Call United Way - they may have alternatives.

There are apartments in Belvidere that charge according to income. Have a relative on disability and they live there. Dont know if she can go to Belvidere.

Just be me Just be me
Jul '18

Call Warren County social services. (908) 475-6301

Also, if your brother is trying to stay in Hackettstown HS, call his guidance counselor and explain the situation. He/she should be able to share resources.

Among the least expensive regular rent options is Alexandria. Your brother could earn a few dollars working at shoprite, easily walking to work. Warren Hills, but close to Hackettstown friends.

maja2 maja2
Jul '18

You can also call warren county housing 908-475-3989. They can give you better info on low income and and places available. Social services in Belvidere will not help over the phone you must make an in person visit. They do vouchers for emergency housing. Ive had clients elderly, sickly and the only way to get help is to go in person. PLEASE if you decide to go to the social service office please bring as much paperwork you can about your mom. Like all medical records, income proof of your brother , all birth certificates, all social security cards. If your mother is not well enough to go you must get paperwork of filing for her. You can also request social worker come to see your mom. I worked for social services years ago. They will help you. If your mom is sickly and cant keep a roof over your minor brother they by law have to provide for her and your brother.

Just be me Just be me
Jul '18

If you have any further questions or need help you can private message me.

Just be me Just be me
Jul '18

You can go to the Econo Court Motel on Rt 46 in Great Meadows. Their pricing is around $700-$800 a month.

Hi you can call Warren County homelessness resources in Warren County I know in Washington and Phillipsburg they have low income housing and since your brother is in hs sometimes they arrange for rides to the hs. They do not like to relocate the students at that age. 800 is not much but the Econolodge also offers apts for that price and is in the district for the hs

faith faith
Jul '18

NORWESCAP

http://www.norwescap.org

Family Promise Warren County

http://www.wcfamilypromise.org

Best wishes to your family.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

Re: Housing for my mom and brother (emergency)

There is a room for rent that just came onto the site.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.