Scrap Metal Yards

Anyone know of any scrap metal yards in this area that take copper. Can't seem to find one closer then Newark area. Thanks for any help.

marjon marjon
Jul '18

On 519 in White Twp. behind S&L.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

Rockaway Recycling - was just there today. They give you money for things other places don't. Upgraded the price they paid for some circuit boards after they took the time to look over it.

www.rockawayrecycling.com

Raimo recycling in Byram

Robbbb Robbbb
Jul '18

If you have things to sort (copper, wire, batteries, computers, lead, etc.) then Rockaway Recycling for sure.

Drive up, load things into various plastic bins on a dolly, and they'll weigh them and tally up a total. Bring a receipt to their ATM (right next to their scales) and it spits out your cash.

If you just have (a lot of) steel or a scrap car then Raimo may be the better option. There's also a place in Dover that will take scrap steel.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jul '18

George's in Newton is great...I've found that he generally pays out a bit better than other local scrapyards...

Localchef Localchef
Jul '18

How about Kucharski's Salvage Yard
60 Ryan Road
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
(908) 852-3175

TheSoundGuy TheSoundGuy
Jul '18

Been scrapping copper for 12 years now, Georges Salvage in Newton or Rockaway Recycling. Only two places to go.

EricF29 EricF29
Jul '18

Thanks for all the Suggestions!!

marjon marjon
Jul '18

Go TO NEWTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will third George's Salvage in Newton. Prices are always better!

townie370 townie370
Jul '18

Looking for someone to take a pop up camper for scrap road worthy in long valley nj please call me

Look at the ad here on HL in the classifieds! Bobby may be your guy.

Scrap prices have gone way up...Id put it up on the road and put a sign Scrap..somebody would take it.

Not sure where your going @de but scrap iron is at .07 per 100 lbs.. not that much at all if you ask me..

Danielson Danielson
Aug '21

is there a gentleman by Independence that still buys and sells metal scrap on Rt 46?

Kucharski on Ryan road in independence is open for scrap

Brian Brian
Mar '22

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Scrap Metal Yards
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.