Pride month

Happy pride month one and all!!

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Jun '18

Pride month? In your work? Your kids? Everything?

Is this a new *holiday*, related to gay pride or something?

justintime justintime
Jun '18

Same sex marriages ...so cool ..can't wait to celebrate this weekend

Jun '18

Happy month for us is almost over. I wish I saw more flags out for it though.

The Easy Going Guy The Easy Going Guy
Jun '18

Ah, I see.

Another celebratory holiday. Calico, you’re slacking!

justintime justintime
Jun '18

What is so special about them? We are ALL created by God. We will not be judged by man, but for what we did for GOD.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jun '18

I should have corrected my note .but I was to late. I meant to say, any of these special months for a people

Old Gent Old Gent
Jun '18

Oh everyone wants to be so special these days. Wake me up on July 1st.

LJRubi LJRubi
Jun '18

Re: Pride month

Happy Sigurdsblot month one and all.

Denis Denis
Jun '18

And get a trophy too

Itiswhatitis
Jun '18

Is this another Hallmark holiday??

auntiel auntiel
Jun '18

https://www.hallmark.com/lgbtqia/?

Indeed

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

I'm proud that I'm not a liberal!

Nice post ruined by some

Jun '18

Proud liberal, I know your a troll now. Or do you grasp at short straws. You are just stirring the pot. Let those who need this get it. Let those who need this to not be let down. There is a lot of let down here.

Yesimpc Yesimpc
Jun '18

Nope not a troll. Celebrating with a gay family member.

Jun '18

You did it again Old Gent! Thank you for your wise insight..

positive positive
Jun '18

+10000000, Old Gent.

Jane Doe Jane Doe
Jun '18

Yes, it’s awful When people who have been lynched for centuries Bc of the violence in the Bible take a stand and say NO MORE.

Some still want to be allowed to kill gays Bc of their Koranic New Testament. Oh, how sounded they must feel maybe they need a month.

DonaldTrump DonaldTrump
Jun '18

Wait-someone was lynched recently?

justintime justintime
Jun '18

PL is definitely a troll and also not what she represented herself as because she magically writes perfectly when needed and plays dumb when it fits her agenda.

Nope you are wrong. Pride weekend in NYC ...shows how much you know!! You are the troll

Jun '18

Anyway happy pride weekend and to all the peeps who will be going to the parade. My sister and I will be there!

Jun '18

Have fun HG, I mean, PL. I was at Pride parades 30 years ago when it meant something.

Thanks I will !!

Jun '18

I agree, JYM. That's why I don't go to the St. Patrick's Day parade anymore. It meant something in the 1850s. Not so much today.

Goeagles
Jun '18

Enjoy the parade, be proud .

Just coach Just coach
Jun '18

Happy Pride to you as well!!! I find it humbling that people disagree with Pride month. It shows that my parents taught me well and that we still have some educating to do. Love to ALL! Even the cranky negative haters that need joy in their lives. HAPPY PRIDE! <3 xo

BigHeart BigHeart
Jun '18

The Pride parade always has and always will mean something ! Consider that person who is marching for the first time. There will always be those people, there will always be a first time to be out and proud ! Love to all.

htownguy htownguy
Jun '18

Hey bigheart, it has nothing to do with education. Just accept the fact that not everyone agrees with a certain persons lifestyle and/or doesn't want that lifestyle shoved down their throats with rainbow flags, crosswalks, and light posts. Live and let live but no need to be over the top while stirring the pot and looking for trouble the way liberals like to do.

LJRubi LJRubi
Jun '18

Guess you could say that about any flag you don't like, so if you don't like the Jets I guess someone should not "shove that Jets flag down your throat."

Seems a bit extreme....

"doesn't want that lifestyle shoved down their throats with rainbow flags, crosswalks, and light posts."

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Jun '18

Agreed dodgebaal.

I didn’t know there were so many who felt that way locally. Makes me feel a bit unwelcome to be honest.

Katherine Katherine
Jun '18

We need more celebratory months for any group who represents 0.3% of 340,000,000 as well as this one. Much to do about nothing.

One-eyed Poacher One-eyed Poacher
Jun '18

Agreed...everyone is sooooooo special...with all the real issues this is what some people fixate on....a frigging pride parade lol...this is what people of the greatest generation died for....PATHETIC

Itiswhatitis
Jun '18

A neighbor of mine hangs her Pomeranian flag. How dare her!

I can't stand when she shoves that Pomeranian down my throat!

How dare they have a dog walk with just Pomeranians.

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Jun '18

Live and let live with peace, respect and dignity. Happy pride month

TheYale TheYale
Jun '18

We should have a proud "I am a good Christian and I go to church month."
Makes me really sad when I see the Tombstones next to our Church that are 200 years old, and there are only 12 people in the congregation on Sunday at the church.
They must be rolling in their graves to see that people prefer to treat Sunday as an extra Saturday.
Sunday is the day of rest and the day of recognizing God for Christians.
It's one of the Ten Commandments, " Remember the Sabbath and Keep it Holy"
Can a Good Christian start a New Thread?

Older Mom Older Mom
Jun '18

My point is that if you're a homosexual, that's fine. You're born that way; you've done nothing special to be proud of these days. Yes, years ago there were gay people who fought for rights but now - maybe not everyone is pro- gay but that doesn't mean you deserve a special month or parade.

It was a great day! Saw parade had lunch and weather was great! Back to work in the am. Love is love, not gross. To each there own. It was special for my sister this year as she came out this year. So yes the parade was special for her. I love her and will support her...just want her to be happy. Just like you want your family to be happy

Jun '18

Proud Liberal, what country did your sister come here from? I hope she appreciates the freedom to be gay here as opposed to whatever country you both came from.

“Everyone is pro gay”???

What country are you currently living IN???

The pride in being gay comes from choosing to still outwardly be who you are DESPITE the hate speech, hate crimes, constant bullying, being outcasted, and misunderstood by those that fear and dislike something that’s different from them. Saying that everyone is pro gay is like saying no one is racist. I will never understand why there are people who hate LGBT people when they are in NO WAY hurting anyone. Would they rather see them be alone for the rest of their lives than find a loving companion to grow old with? That’s awful! F THAT! I’m proud to be a woman in today’s world and I will represent that pride due to the hardships we have gone through. There is no “official holiday” or time off work/school to celebrate the hardships that LGTB people or even women (and yes, there are more examples) have endured so calm down and just respect what people have endured just to be who they are.

There is a father’s day and a mother’s day... what about people that don’t have a father or a mother or even their own children? Should they bitch and complain about all the loving families out to brunch, buying flowers and golf outings just because it may cause them sadness? No. Some are happy for those that have parents and/or children and they allow their happiness to shine, and in doing so they feel some happiness themselves. You should try it.

BigHeart BigHeart
Jun '18

Try reading Big Heart - I said not everyone is pro- gay. And btw, being gay and stupid still doesn't earn you a special day

Older Mom, welcome to 2018 people can spend their Sunday’s however they like! I’m a proud catholic/supporter of gay rights and applaud these folks for standing up for their lifestyle. Maybe you should try a Sunday Funday once in awhile. Have a great day!!

BusinessGuy1984
Jun '18

Older mom, the sabbath is on Saturday.

peder hollinghurst peder hollinghurst
Jun '18

Bigheart, I understand the point you are trying to make, but I think you trivialize growing up without a parent, and try to create a false equivalency with being gay. As someone who's father died at 10 months old, I can assure you it's well beyond the ability of a child to shine happiness on father's day when you never knew him. Bad example.

Denis Denis
Jun '18

Happy Pride everyone!

friendlyMcFriendly
Jun '18

It's funny how the lgbtqiafdncosqx(or whatever we're up to now) left wants to skip around and be out and proud and have freedom of speech but all hell breaks loose when an anti-gay pastor comes to town to take advantage of his 1st amendment rights. It really is incredible that the tolerant left only sees it one way.

BTW, I relate as a desk chair. Which bathroom do I use?

LJRubi LJRubi
Jun '18

"BTW, I relate as a desk chair. Which bathroom do I use?"

You don't... you just sit there and get farted on all day. But, hey, you're a consenting adult... let your freak flag fly.

ianimal ianimal
Jun '18

Excellent! When is fart pride month?

LJRubi LJRubi
Jun '18

Hackettstown's level of tolerance can pretty much be summed up as, "I support all groups as long as I don't see it, I don't hear it, and you're ashamed of it. Unless it's a white person holiday then its ok."

The 60 and over crowd as LJRubi has demonstrated has really fallen in love with this whole "I identify as a..." string of jokes. It just really helps to show your bigotry.

Reasonable Reasonable
Jun '18

"Hackettstown's level of tolerance" -Reasonable

HAH the left talking about tolerance; that's genuine.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Jun '18

Proud Liberal - Farts and LBGTQ pride notwithstanding, "Liberal" is a misnomer. Pelosi, Clinton, Maher, Waters...Are these the people you wish to be identified with?

DannyC DannyC
Jun '18

So because one doesn’t believe in ”everyone is special” and therefore they need their own celebratory day(s) it means they’re bigoted?

Please, can someone please show me the emoji for rolling eyes?!?

justintime justintime
Jun '18

All animals are special, but some animals are more special than others.

Hit girl Hit girl
Jun '18

everyone is unique, not special.

Specialness is all about the idea that somehow the rules of the world apply to oneself differently than they apply to everyone else - ergo it is OK if bad things happen to the other 6.5 billion people that live on the planet but not me because I have opted out of adversity.

celebrations of this type actually lump large groups of people together and assign them a label. Lesbian, bisexual, transgender and what ever random ambiguous gender fluid sexuality imaginable - and many of these groups don't want to associate with each other.

Think about it - Why do we put transgender people and gay people in the same category? Gender identity and sexual orientation have nothing to do with each other.

There is a huge stigma in the LGBT community associated with bisexuality, many homosexuals are not fans of the transgendered population but society has lumped them together and expects them to support the entire LGBT legislative agenda regardless if they agree with it. failure to join the "Gay Culture" results in the perception that they are throwing all other LGBT people under the bus.

if you think taking disparate people and lumping them into groups and subjecting them to generalizations and stereotypes is "celebrating pride" then great, - its not.
we should strive for a world where being gay, bi, trans, or whatever is just a mundane detail about an individual and not something that defines them.

I get it - this accepting environment was only made possible by generations of the LGBT community grouping together, pouring money into getting equal marriage rights, or funding homeless shelters, suicide hotlines, and college funds for gay LGBT kids that fight is over.

Sit back and enjoy the fact that you probably can't be arrested, kicked out of housing, fired, or generally discriminated against because you're gay because of those that have come before you - that is an achievement.. the rest of this - not so much.

skippy skippy
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.