No 3-Day Holiday this 4th of July?

Boy! The Independents Day Celebration Sees No 3 days this year!
"That Rots!".....

The kids asked, "What are we doing this 4th Dad?" It''s a Hump Day Holiday?"

I said, " We usually go down the shore, and meet up with Gramps; but this year, I think we will just take the day at home, and ea our Hot Dogs; as we look at each other on our Cell Phones using "Face Time", or "Skype! "..........

The they's, ( Law makers / Federal Govt ) should have patched this years 2018 celebration, by declaring the Monday after the 1rst, the Day to celebrate the fourth of July.
Then again, "I would rather bite the bullet, and take the Kick in the Butt; rather than
Sipping a cup of tea every afternoon, if under rule of The British! ........

"Cheerio"

Embryodad Embryodad
Jun '18

When did every holiday become a three day weekend?

Ollie Ollie
Jun '18

I’ll be on vacation, so it’s a 9 day holiday for me!

ProperPlanning ProperPlanning
Jun '18

Christmas is on a Tuesday - no three day holiday there either..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '18

4 day at Christmas for me!

John C John C
Jun '18

My work is closed on Fridays in the summer, so they are giving us off Thursday the 5th. I'll be loving the 5 day weekend.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

Nice I took pto till the 5th

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

Christmas will be 4 days off for a lot of people I'm sure. Me 5. Lol

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jun '18

It's called PTO - Hello 5 day weekend

umMM
Jun '18

Regarding Christmas, I work until 12/20 and then don't go back until 1/7!

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

Jelly

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

Me too!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jun '18

VERY LOL!! At my company if you don't work the day before and the day after any holiday you don't get paid for the actual holiday.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '18

JrzyGirl88

Sounds like you work where I do. If you're scheduled for vacation on the days around it, then you still get paid though. That's to make sure they don't have a bunch of people calling out "sick" just to extend the holiday.

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '18

What I find the funniest Phil D. is that of course the responsible people (like myself) pay attention to the rule, but the people that it is actually meant for don't really care and call in anyway.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '18

Re: No 3-Day Holiday this 4th of July?

July 4th is not just a holiday.Not to mention a " Hump Day Holiday". Perhaps you should read and research the Declaration Of Independence.

mute
Jun '18

These dates that have significant meaning, like July 4, New Years, Christmas are always celebrated on the day.
If they are on a weekend you still celebrate the day but perhaps Mon. is made a holiday too.

Armistice Day which ended the terrible 1st world war was celebrated on the date and is still celebrated as Veterans Day in the US as a legal holiday.
The date was significant for a long time because the armistice was signed on the 11th day on the 11th month at the 11th hour.
Of course all of those people are now dead and the meaning sort of fades with time. I can't even remember the date when the Civil War ended and think it was in May 1865/ Or even the date the Rev. war ended which is some time in 1783.

Robert Robert
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.