For HL women- Men with beards...

Silly question but do you like beards on men? Noticing a lot of men these days with beards, long, short etc. Just curious.

My husband has a full beard in the cool months and a mustache and goatee in the warmer months. One time, he shaved everything off and I couldn't even recognize him. Luckily, his hair grows like a chia pet and it was back within days. All that said, I like the beard.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

Well as a bearded man who likes the affection of my SO - conditioner and beard oil is your friend - make it soft and care for your bear hairs - momma will take care of you

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

It depends on how well it suits him. In general, I'm not a big fan of beards, but if it looks good on him, I prefer a short, well groomed beard or goatee. None of that Duck Dynasty or mountain man look.

Lynnada Lynnada
Jun '18

Short beards are Ok. Don't like the big bushy ones. They look like they don't care about their grooming.
Not a fan of the Man Bun either.- They only suit Sumo Wrestlers.

Older Mom Older Mom
Jun '18

Great topic - I cannot stand any size beard. Maybe I’m OCD but that’s just my opinion.

Cool
Jun '18

Love the beards..

Acl76 Acl76
Jun '18

Yes please!

Really??? Really???
Jun '18

I am another one that doesn’t like beards.

Completely depends on the guy in my opinion

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '18

I have never been a fan of beards...I guess I associate it with not being completely well groomed. Growing up I cannot recall anyone with a beard or even a mustache in my family so that might be the reason. If a guy is really good looking....I see no reason to cover up that handsome face with a bunch of hair.

joyful joyful
Jun '18

Where would Santa be without a beard? If it's well groomed and soft, Yes.

auntiel auntiel
Jun '18

Do HL men like women with beards?

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jun '18

Re: For HL women- Men with beards...

Did someone mention Santa.....This man is the most amazing fella.......he took on three children as his own when he was still a young man (20's) and he was more of a father then the bio one.

Kids always come up to him and ask if he's santa......lol

littlelu littlelu
Jun '18

Personally, I'm not a fan of beards on my husband. I don't really care if other men have beards or not, but I'm with Lynnada, and prefer the neatly groomed kind over the scraggly ones.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '18

This mans view
I go to the barber and say Mow it down. I could never be bothered putting up with a beard. To me it would be uncomfortable and hot.

Old Gent Old Gent
Jun '18

I've had at least a goatee since l was 22 and a full beard (closely trimmed) for the last 6 or so years. I'm 40 now. It's just part of who l am. Fortunately, beards were a make or break issue for my girlfriend. She's gotta have a man with a beard.

Eperot Eperot
Jun '18

No beard - just scruff

umMM
Jun '18

Recent trends have men growing more and longer beards than say 20-25 years ago, but facial hair is a normal part of being a man.

The trends come and go though. Lots of beards in the late 60's-1970's. Lots of beards in old black and white pictures from the 1800's.

Better a beard than skinny jeans, handlebar mustache, etc. Anything can be over-stylized and taken too far.

How about 'yoga pants' on a lady that has clearly never exercised? ;)

Medium length beards, yes please!

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Jun '18

No! I find beards unattractive. I think the texture against my skin is repellent and like all hair it holds odors, which is the worst. Definitely NOT a beard, or mustache, fan.

LOL, OlderMom! You are so right about the man buns! One day the man bun trend and the tat sleeves will look as ridiculous as the 80's mullets but they will be stuck with the tats.

A Nice groomed beard, same for the mustache....ok with me!

It's my husband who doesn't understand the latest beard trend -
He does not like it at all!

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jun '18

Beards are like underarm hair on women. If men don’t want their wives to grow beards under their arms, they shouldn’t grow them on their faces. They are just as unattractive. Come to think of it, men should shave under their arms, too.

DonaldTrump DonaldTrump
Jun '18

Lol JYM! How about food caught in the beard?

positive positive
Jun '18

Oh no, positive! I just got a visual as I was about to have lunch.

Not a fan. I'm ok with short and groomed, or goatees. But the big long bushy beards just comes off as sloppy in my opinion.

Melissa Melissa
Jun '18

I like MY guy's beard. That's all the matters to me. :)

Yes! Men who work with their hands seem to have beards. Love it!

hktownie hktownie
Jun '18

I have similar feelings as Calico696. It's weird when my husband doesn't have one. He normally wears a goatee during the summer and grows it out over winter. I like using oil and product on it to keep it soft and healthy.

Kim Torres Kim Torres
Jun '18

Unless his name is Santa.... never.

Sirya
Jun '18

Nope. Not for me.

They are so gross! I can't wait for the man bun & the beard to go back to the cave!

Oldschool Oldschool
Jun '18

Not a fan of facial hair nor a lot of chest or back hair either.

justwondering justwondering
Jun '18

and I thought that this thread was going to be about Tom Cruise, Justin Bieber, Tom Brady, etc.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Jun '18

Reggie Voter - Eww, eww and eww. LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

RV, better looking beard... Selena or Gisele?

ianimal ianimal
Jun '18

Hahahahahahhaha ! ! ! Funny !

htownguy htownguy
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.