I am looking forward to Summer because...

I got to spend quality family time

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Jun '18

Spending time with family,girlfriend and friends . I’ll be at my Shore house down in manasquan most of the summer during the weekends and time off

Michael Michael
Jun '18

Very nice and relaxing

Jun '18

I don't have to work for 10 weeks!!

auntiel auntiel
Jun '18

Nice !!! The ability to grill without a coat lol

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

I love to hang on my deck - grill & enjoy some wine outside.

It's followed by Autumn.

Not a big fan of summer, too hot/humid for me. I like it cooler.

Altho I do take 2 summer trips I always look forward to: Finger Lakes and Cape Cod.... both north, both cooler than here.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jun '18

I agree with Jefferson Repub...Spring and Fall are really my favorite times of the year..

joyful joyful
Jun '18

You get paid and have healthcare too Auntiel during your "sabbatical"...

oh good grief can we have a thread that DOESN'T have politics in it for chrissakes?!?!?!?!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Jun '18

Amen to that, JR!

positive positive
Jun '18

So much for my easygoing light-hearted post. Let's talk about summer okay nothing negative. Back to the topic. Summer is my favorite, I can live like this all year round. Now winter, I hate LOL.

Jun '18

Agreed this should be a lighthearted, happy thread, sans politics!

I am happy it's summer because I'll get to go away for a few days and spend some time in my favorite hotel in the whole US. We can't take a long summer vacation, we only do that in the winter time, but at least it's a few days of getting away and feeling totally relaxed and a bit catered to.

Rebecka Rebecka
Jun '18

"You get paid and have healthcare too Auntiel during your "sabbatical"..."

Teachers aren't paid in the summer. How is it possible that almost all of your facts are wrong?

Goeagles
Jun '18

We will be spending a lot of weekends along the Jersey shores... My kids love the beach..sun and sand

TheYale TheYale
Jun '18

Limited clothing

Swinginlow
Jun '18

We will spend time with the kids, no schedules to speak of except flexible work schedule for me. Cookouts, beach and pool time. Can’t wait!
Enjoy summer everyone!

Sorry iJay, My sabbatical does not include pay or healthcare. No work NO pay. I'm a private contractor per say. No NJUI. Sorry. So iJay during my 10 weeks off I will sit by the pool and have drinks with little umbrella's, work on my tan and do a lot of reading. I will go to Myrtle Beach and again lay on the beach and have drinks with little umbrellas. I will also visit TN & FLA all the while having drinks with little umbrellas laying on the beach working on my tan. Thanks to the educational system and smart planning.:)

auntiel auntiel
Jun '18

Good for you. Keep up the good work :)

2 weeks of paid vacation. It's all I get during "prime time" as my employer calls it, it's cool.
Spend some time with my daughter and do some hiking/ hit the beach.
Hope on my weeks it's not too hot and not too wet

Dodgebaal Dodgebaal
Jun '18

No vacation planned this year, a few day trips but that’s about it. We’ll go to the Little League World Series for the day, would like to go to the Turkey Hill Experience ( a fellow HL’r went and enjoyed it), trying to find something to do for a long weekend, suggestions welcome, something around a 200 mile radius.

Bessie Bessie
Jun '18

Love summer. My garden is growing beautifully - Tomatoes, peppers, scallions and a bunch of herbs: peppermint, orange mint, dill, tarragon, fennel, chives, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, parsley, basil, cilantro and lemon grass. Plus yellow, red and pink roses, a patch of red, white and pink dianthus, and yellow/orange marigolds mixed in with the tomatoes.

DannyC DannyC
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.