Weird Thunder & Lightning Tonight

Anyone else notice how weird this weather is tonight? It’s almost like a continuous sound of thunder... no pauses between lighting. The whole sky is lighting up every second. Never zeen anything like this in my life! Seems apocalyptic

Scooter Scooter
Jun '18

Was watching the western sky light up here at work in western Essex County around 11PM tonight. Reports of major damage out in Wilkes Barre Twp PA with a collapse of a commercial strip mall due to a possible tornado.

http://wnep.com/2018/06/13/shopping-plaza-heavily-damaged-after-storm/

Lost power on Schooleys Mtn

Noticed it too off to the west of Hackettstown. Luckily it seems to have gone around us. The last time I recall that much lightning was in the summer 1973. That storm brought a tornado with it, which originated in Flanders near RT 206 and ended in Morristown.

PlC I remember that tornado. Ripped the roofs off of some roofs in the Cloverhill development and went right through what is now a park over there....

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Jun '18

Some very nasty weather last night... Scary!

I must of been really really tired, as i dont remember hearing anything, but everything is wet this morning.

Laura Winters Laura Winters
Jun '18

Tornado activity came very close to us last night. Does Hackettstown have any type of warning system?

Older Mom Older Mom
Jun '18

Re: Weird Thunder & Lightning Tonight

This about sums it up. LOL

Metsman Metsman
Jun '18

The lightning last night was awesome. What was really cool was walking out the front door and seeing the bolts streak across the sky then walking out the back door and seeing the stars. I eventually went into the yard and watched the flashing clouds overtake the starry sky.

I must have slept through the whole thing last night! Does anyone know if it was bad in Washington? I did notice this morning it had rained at some time last night.

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Jun '18

My son was driving home from work in the storm (Newton to Hardwick) and stopped to video some of it. Crazy, crazy lightning!

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Jun '18

We lost power last night too. Nixle said a pole snapped on Church Street off of Naughright/Drakestown.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '18

I was up until 4 a.m. last night, didn't notice anything. Thought I heard some rumbling sounds for a while, but not at night. I was contemplating buying a proper spectrum analyzer because there is this really annoying high-pitched sound every night starting around midnight. It's loud enough to prevent sleep, like lightning.

nobody nobody
Jun '18

nobody

Have you tried a smart phone spectrum analyzer app?

I have a Audio Frequency Counter app by Keuwlsoft that works pretty well (plus it"s free).

Phil D. Phil D.
Jun '18

Whip- stay inside during thunder and lightning storms! Rule of thumb is 10 ft in from any doorway or window.
If you can hear it, it can strike you.

Older Mom Older Mom
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.