2018 Memorial Day Weekend Happenings

So, what is going on this weekend? There is practically nothing listed on the HL Calendar. What events are going on besides the car show at Mars and the parade on Monday? Please share here.

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

"ianimal's one-way trip to Hell by way of Yellowstone" starts tomorrow night... wanna tag along? (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '18

I think most people would say that "Hell by way of Yellowstone" would be preferred to my plans. Can I interest anyone in an all-breed dog show extraordinaire in Freehold? It was brilliantly planned on one of the busiest holiday weekends at the Jersey Shore. Yay for stop-and-go traffic both ways!

http://raudog.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Jersey-Shore-2018-PL-3.pdf

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

Rebecka, what is dock diving?

Courtney
May '18

I believe it is crazy labs (mostly) run as fast as they can off a dock and jump as far out into water as possible. The craziest (furthest jumper) dog wins.

Not 100% sure, as my toy breed is not really suited for such events. Also he thinks those dogs are stupid.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

It doesn't look like a holiday party. I hope the have out houses. Ho! maybe they don't need them with no Boose
No alcohol will be permitted on the grounds.
There is no electricity available in the grooming area

Old Gent Old Gent
May '18

Yeah, I can see how that event would be lab dominated.

Courtney
May '18

@Old Gent - that's why I said my plans would probably be considered worse than Hell for most people lol. I was joking about anyone wanting to attend. The dog show event might interest other fellow 'hard-core' dog aficionados, but that's about it.

There are likely more appropriate and local, alcohol-allowed events which others will list.
:-)

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

Re: 2018 Memorial Day Weekend Happenings

Hello, does anyone know if they are doing any more festivals at Waterloo, there was a bbq fest and a food truck fest a year or two ago, I haven't heard of anything there this summer, if anybody knows let me know, Thanks

You trying to attract the ladies Gary? LOL...

Metsman Metsman
May '18

Metsman LMAO

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
May '18

The funny thing about Ian's "One Way Trip to Hell via Yellowstone" is that Yellowstone IS a portal to Hell, LOL Just watch the first 8 minutes of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=2QtdEq2tsh8

I mean it IS called "Yellowstone" due to the Sulfurous deposits coating the rocks;-)

Of course at the moment the Southeasterly corner of the Island of Hawai'i is closer to being actual Hell right now.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '18

Re: 2018 Memorial Day Weekend Happenings

I have a feeling Gary will be standing guard at the portal to the underworld, Cerberus at his side. See you soon, big guy (-;

ianimal ianimal
May '18

LMAO!!!! that was funny, I just realized that no one puts there pic on here. I just did because I never responded to anyone's post, so that was the first and last pic!!! Haha

LOL Gary too funny.

Here's a link to the events page of Waterloo Village's FB page. The only future thing listed is some Christmas in July thing.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/waterloo.village.historic.site/events/?ref=page_internal

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

So there is *nothing* but a car show and the parade going on around here all weekend? Seriously? Lame and too tame, if you ask me. Especially in a town with plenty of options for evening fun.

To repair this townwide injustice, I hereby propose an event for Saturday evening:

THE FIRST ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY CALICO-LED PUB & BREWERY CRAWL

Just tell everyone when and where to meet, Calico lol.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

It's always nice to get another person with a sense of humor on here, Gary. Welcome aboard...

ianimal ianimal
May '18

May Fair in Allentown, PA at a college on Fri/Sat/Sun;

Rice's Market in New Hope, PA on Monday (Holiday);

Celtic Festival at Shawnee Ski Resort in the Poconos;

for now.

Hackresident Hackresident
May '18

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/05/what_to_do_for_memorial_day_weekend_in_nj.html#incart_river_index

Here's a list from the Star Ledger!

Hackresident Hackresident
May '18

Arctic Foods in Washington is having a Block Party on Saturday May 26th from 11am to 4pm
Free Family Event featuring local businesses, raffles, free hot dogs while supplies last

The Grill will be fired up for Burgers along with food from Empanada Mamasita, Liao's Food and others

LittlePiglet LittlePiglet
May '18

LP - Wowza! I love me some Empanada Mamasita food. Wonder if we can BYOB......

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

Thanks for the info!!! everyone!! We need to have our own party!!!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.