Hackettstown Author Update

Hi neighbors, this group helped me last year with my debut novel, so thank you. I'm discussing a book signing event with Legacy Books in town and should have an update on that soon.

My new sci-fi novel is up for nomination to be published by Kindle Press. It's reader-driven, based on reader nomination votes, as well as scrutiny by Amazon's editors.

I wonder if you might go to this link and click Nominate if you like it. In the end, you will get a free copy if I'm selected.

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/199RMI875M8U9

PS For those who helped with the other book last year, it with was published and the trilogy is complete. My books are here: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B06XJZF8Z3 (also on iBooks, Kobo, Nook, Google Play, Audible).

Thanks so much again for your help. What an amazing community we live in, and this forum is a testimony to that! Billy DeCarlo

Billy DeCarlo Billy DeCarlo
Mar '18

The book signing at Legacy Books in Hackettstown will be on Sunday May 6 from 1-3pm (during the Spring Festival). Stop by and say hello!

Mar '18

got them on Kindle - thanks Billy

skippy skippy
Mar '18

I still haven't gotten a chance to read the third but I really enjoyed the first two. Good luck with your newest book, Billy.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '18

Thanks to those who've read my books. Legacy Books has posted a Facebook event page in case you want to sign up to be reminded. https://www.facebook.com/events/200095230771002/

I'll have all three books from the Vigilante Angels trilogy available, plus perhaps a brand new sci-fi title, and copies of Show & Sell, a guide to selling your home in today's tech world. All at a discount. I can't wait to spend the day at Legacy Books, a wonderful NJ bookstore!

See you then. There will be cookies :-)

Apr '18

Today's the day! The cookies are ready and I'm excited to spend a few hours at Legacy Books, meeting readers and neighbors. Come on by and say hello. I'll be signing books or just shooting the breeze from 1-3pm. What a great place to spend a day like today (or any day).

May '18

How did it go Billy?

positive positive
May '18

Eh. Pretty slow as far as actual sales. My wife and I bought a dozen books from Legacy while we were there so it was a good day for the host :-) Traffic was kind of slow-there was a lot of competition from the spring fest.

Anyway, it was fun. I ate too many cookies and half the Snickers, so let's just say I'll be exercising more than I planned (which was not at all) for the next few weeks.

An interesting thing is that my sales on Amazon, Apple iBooks, Google Play, and Barnes & Noble online jumped for Sat/Sun, which is unusual for a weekend. I believe it was probably due to the promotion I was doing online and locally, so that was a positive and made it worthwhile. I'm hoping that one of the people that bought was secretly a New York Times book reviewer and I'll walk out of my home tomorrow morning to find Steven Spielberg begging for the movie rights and the paparazzi in my face.

For those who missed it and are having a hard time sleeping at night out of regret (those were some darn fine cookies...), I'll be doing a 'meet the author' event at the Warren County Library Northeast Branch (on 46 in Independence just outside of town, you know the place...) on Thursday June 28 at 6:30pm. I'll be taking questions about the writing life, writing process, and the motivations/characters behind my books. Again, there will be cookies (for you, carrots for me this time!). Lessons learned...

May '18

Glad your sales went up Billy! Keep doing what you're doing, you will eventually get there!

positive positive
May '18

Hey folks, I'll be at the Warren County Library on 46 in Independence (just outside of Hackettstown) from 6:30-7:30pm this evening (or perhaps until 6:35 depending on turnout!) answering questions about being an author and my novels. I'll have some books on hand, will raffle a couple off, and of course cookies. Stop on by if you're not busy.

Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.