Loose dog, Riverfront Park around 4:30

Loose dog, Riverfront Park around 4:30

friend was walking and saw this dog loose with no one around - he called it but it wouldn't come to him

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '18

Re: Loose dog, Riverfront Park around 4:30

a close up

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '18

There is a person in the background. We were there at that time as well. I did not see that dog but did hear it barking.

It does look kind of thin, I hope he is not lost.

Did you notify the police? They will get in touch with animal control.

Molly
Mar '18

That person is walking in the other direction - does not appear to be associated.

That dog needs a couple cheeseburgers. Too damn skinny. :(

If you guys think that dog is skinny, you must think we starve our greyhounds to death LOL.

Handsome pooch. He's got a collar, so hopefully the owner gets him back asap.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '18

LOL,JR. He is an interesting breed. I was thinking perhaps he is meant to be lean. Any idea what he may be?

No clue, but yes- that is lean-ness; not skinny. He's very muscular. He's got a "tuck", which most people see as "skinny" compared to most other dogs that do not have them.

People who call that skinny are used to dogs being fat! LOL

You can't count his ribs- he's fine. Likely got out just today.

For reference, a racing greyhound- at "retirement weight" (about 10 lbs heavier than "racing weight")

Mar '18

I’ve seen the dog running loose a few times while walking at Riverfront. He belongs to a family down the street from the Legion. I’ve seen the owners calling it from their backyard but don’t remember the dog’s names.

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Mar '18

You're right. I was studying the photo some more, he is muscular. Neat tail too.

I love the brindle coat on your dog. My boxer is a brindle as well.

Wow Greg, he's built like a linebacker! Bet he's strong!

We love the brindles too.

Mar '18

Roxi and yes she is fun to play with for sure! LOL

whoops... I should have noticed she was a SHE, lol

Mar '18

LOL. Actually she is about as girly as a Mack truck. My prior boxer, Darla was a true lady.

Call it what you want- I say underfed.

The greyhound you posted is in better shape than the OP dog.

I didn’t say he was dying- I said he needs a couple cheese burgers.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Looks like a Lurcher to me.

Walker Walker
Mar '18

I think you are correct, Walker.

Agreed on the Lurcher!

Mar '18

4catmom...that dog is ALWAYS loose. It belongs to a lady that lives on willow grove st. During the last snow storm he was out running around the ponds. I was worried about him and tried to get him to come to me. As I was trying I heard a ladies voice coming through a bull horn calling out "champ, come here champ "
I managed to guide the dog up the side of the embankment to the women's voice. It was her dog but she made NO ATTEMPT to come out of her house or even on her deck .

Lifegoeson Lifegoeson
Mar '18

This goes along with the post about unleashed dogs. There are laws against this! If you see this dog loose again, I'd call animal control. The dog could get hit by a car or encounter another dog causing a fight between animals. This makes me insane! Irresponsible dog owners!

Has this dog been found? I heard a dog howling before on Mt. Rascal road in a direction with no houses.

Blondie781 Blondie781
Mar '18

A++++ Anom

This makes me crazy, for the dogs well-being and AT the irresponsible pet owners who refuse to leash or in this case give a damn about their dog.

Really??? Really???
Mar '18

Yes, looks like Champ. He followed me because of my dog & was able to lead him up to his backyard & into his fence. He wanted to play so badly with my dog! I thought it funny that the lady had a bullhorn. She did come out to meet us, probably because I brought him right to the house. She said he escaped, I assumed it was a one-time thing. Poor dog, needs attention & play. Btw, not skinny at all. We’re just accustomed to plump dogs & don’t recognize a healthy weight.

Brenda Brenda
Mar '18

Brenda... Thank goodness your dog was okay with her dog wanting to play. My dog is friendly as can be with people but if another dog came running up while he was leashed.. It wouldn't be pretty. Hence... The importance of LEASH LAWS!

ANY UPDATES?

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Mar '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.