Infamous Events of each NJ County

http://www.nj.com/expo/erry-2018/03/6238dc657b/the_most_infamous_event_ever_i.html#incart_river_index

do you remember these?

Hackresident Hackresident
Mar '18

What a fun read! Thanks!

Living life boldly.. Living life boldly..
Mar '18

Very interesting read. I actually went to school with the people involved in the murder of each other’s wives in Hoboken, (Hudson County) a very sad story.

Bessie Bessie
Mar '18

Thanks for the post. I remember some of the cases from law school, beside the ones I was old enough to read about in the news. I remember the Heikkila case, even though I was only 10 at the time. I believe one of my classmates had him as a babysitter, and it was a huge deal when a new family moved into the house where it happened.

Side note: is anyone else watching American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace?

Tracy Tracy
Mar '18

what station is that on, G. Versace autobiography movie?

Mar '18

It's a 9-part miniseries on FX. It's almost over, maybe 2 more episodes. I think it airs on Thursdays.

Tracy Tracy
Mar '18

omg Tracey, the Heikkila case, still remember that case. I lived down the street from the house and my sister was good friends with the surviving brother who was away at college at the time. It was his adopted brother that murdered his parents. Matt kidnapped his girlfriend and handcuffed her in the house for the night. Shook the town pretty good and there was a manhunt for him for a few days.

the amazing thing that came out of it is how Josh has dedicated his life. Something as horrific as that could destroy a surviving family member but Josh's life has been inspiring to follow.

https://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/missionconnections/the-rev-joshua-heikkila/

a family that moved into that house a few years after. One of the daughters used to say she saw ghosts... ugh, can't imagine living in that house knowing what happened there.

Jim L Jim L
Mar '18

I'm surprised the train wreck and sniper didn't make the list for warren county.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Mar '18

great read!

yourFIBERguy
Mar '18

I don't know where else to post this request. This might be the most appropriate thread?

I'm looking for information about a locally infamous event that happened in Lebanon Township in Hunterdon Co. Because it's just 20 minutes from our town, and right over the county line, I'm hoping someone who reads this forum might have info about it.

There was a murder-suicide event in Lebanon Township approx between 1995-2002. A father killed his family and then himself.

Does anyone know anything about this? (Or can I contact local police for info? I don't even know if that's poss?) I've done all kinds of online research, but can't pull up any news articles. Maybe I'm googling the wrong keywords. Anyway, thanks for any info and/or tips how to get the info.

Also feel free to PM me directly if you know about the incident and prefer to leave the family's name off this forum.

TIA.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

I have family in Lebanon twp, and don't recall a murder-suicide. Kidnapping+murder.

Maja2 Maja2
May '18

Maja- would that event have been in late 90s or very early 2000s?

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

'92. Kidnapped in Morris, victim died in Washington, route 31 storage unit, ransom call made from Hackettstown. Kidnappers lived in Lebanon twp. Not your story, but an interesting and sad local tragedy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ransom-bad-exxon-oil-executive-sidney-reso-killed-kidnap-arthur-irene-seale-article-1.448931

Maja2 Maja2
May '18

Dubious list, but interesting read. How does tan mom make #1 for essex county, and the Hackettstown sniper doesn't get mentioned for Warren county.

Denis Denis
May '18

@Denis - the list must have been compiled by a millennial

scottso scottso
May '18

Interesting article and what a sad case, Maja. I hadn't heard about the Exxon exec's kidnapping and murder (was not living in States at that time). Can't believe the wife involved in this crime is now a free woman.

Rebecka Rebecka
May '18

Here's another cold case from the 70s in Long Valley

https://www.nytimes.com/1970/02/28/archives/woman-murdered-in-home-in-jersey.html

MtDude MtDude
May '18

How was the wife involved in the Exec exect's crime in Morris Township? I never heard that.

May '18

The wife was in on the entire thing. The 2 did it together. She cooperated with investigators because they had 2 teens in HS. They lived along the Muscenetcong River with his parents. Changewater area.

maja2 maja2
May '18

she was in on the kidnapping of her husband w/ the kidnappers, and wanted him dead? how did he die?

I was so disgusted with that kidnapping that I stopped reading it at some point

May '18

@ Hackresident, Irene and Arthur Seale kidnapped/murdered Sidney Reso an Exxon Executive. Irene Seale made a deal with the Prosecution, was convicted of lessor charges and is now out of prison. Mrs. Reso the wife of the victim was NOT involved in the crime.

Mr. Reso was kidnapped from his driveway in Morris Township, he was shot during the kidnapping, stuffed into a crate and placed in a storage unit where he subsequently died. The Seale's (Arthur a former police officer himself and a former Exxon employee) continued with their ransom request, leading multiple law enforcement agencies on a wild goose chase to try and find them and rescue Mr. Reso who was still believed to be alive. Several days later the suspects were revealed, leading to their arrest. Irene Seale eventually led law enforcement to the Pine Barrens where Mr. Reso's remains were found.

There have been a couple of different shows on ID Discovery that tell the store pretty accurately.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '18

The victim's wife was not in on the kidnapping .

maja2 maja2
May '18

Karen-Ann Quinlan overdosed at Falconers in Byram Township - which is Sussex County on Lake Lackawanna - so that is wrong.

The largest mass killing in NJ history happened in Hackettstown (Benoist) and was finished in Mansfield Twp.at the 2nd train trestle along Rockport Rd.- which they don't even mention in the article.

When they ask you at the end of the article - what did we get wrong...lol
They aren't even trying anymore!

Fake news.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.