Feb '18

Greene's Beans

DD over Starbucks but prefer Quick Check

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Feb '18

Wawa

Bug3
Feb '18

I was a DD junkie years ago. Not the same at all. Love quick check and wawa coffee the best. Hate Starbucks. Over priced terrible bitter coffee.

Being myself Being myself
Feb '18

Starbucks occasionally, but all-time fav is from my Keurig - Nantucket Blend

Bently
Feb '18

Great fun no stress poll. Love it. I am curious about what people vote for!!!! I like these threads . Have fun.

Feb '18

Starbucks

Starbucks because I prefer the espresso drinks to regular black coffee.

JosieMarie JosieMarie
Feb '18

I run on Dunkin’! Starbucks is horridly burned sludge.

NJITGrad NJITGrad
Feb '18

Starbucks over DD. DD's coffee is often old or burnt-tasting. At Starbucks, you can choose milder or stronger roasts, and you just have more of a selection, overall. But my preferences in this area even over Starbucks are Coffee Potter, followed by Green's Beans.

DevilsFan DevilsFan
Feb '18

Very curious about coffee potter. Never been and dont know where it is other than long valley. Can u guys who love it fill me in?

Feb '18

Peet’s but Starbucks in Nj

Skippy Skippy
Feb '18

DD definitely...French vanilla cappuccino.

positive positive
Feb '18

Never Starbucks. Seldom D&D but, I like Quick Check. Mostly Keuig. (Diedrich Morning Edition)

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '18

Starbucks , great flavor and strong !!!!

Bluefish Ed Bluefish Ed
Feb '18

Being myself, Coffee Potter is at the bottom of Schooley's Mountain Road, in that small building that used to be a bank. It's next to where the Green Market was, and directly across from the gravel parking lot of to the Columbia Trail. They even have a drive-through for the morning commute!

DevilsFan DevilsFan
Feb '18

Starbucks or Greene Beans. D&D has gone downhill. Their coffee tastes watered down.

Katie Katie
Feb '18

Thank u devils fan. Cant wait to try. Can u go in and sit like a warm cafe? Just curious after work i like to sit and drink a nice tea or coffee. Obviously im a coffeeholick cause im up at 2 am. Lol.

Feb '18

Quick Chek.I like there coffee the best, Starbucks is terrible...Duncan tolerable..

Summer fun
Feb '18

D& D is lie drinking warmed up old watered down coffee that someone put too much cream in ...no matter how many times you say for " a little bit of cream" they seem to put a 1/3 of a cup....gave up, I go to places I can make myself or where they speak & "understand" the English language ( beyond taking your money ).

Just my experience.

Steven Steven
Feb '18

Starbucks and d&d are like comparing target and Walmart or a 5 star restaurant and McDonald's. No comparison. Quick check coffe taste like the cup it comes in gross wawa not bad

Htown guy
Feb '18

I drink my coffee black most of the time so it really depends on what I'm getting. At home I prefer brewed in my regular pot, thermal carafe's are the best thing ever. When that runs out and I don't want to brew a whole pot, the Keurig will do. But when I'm out and about in order of preference:

Quick Check or WaWa - Plain coffee - Extreme Caffeine or their House Blend, sometime a funky flavor, they usually don't go overboard with that

DD - Plain coffee, sometimes a cappuccino or something fun.

Starbucks - When I'm feeling like a splurge, Carmel Machiatto or White Chocolate Mocha - never the plain coffee, way too strong of a flavor for my taste to drink black

trekster3~ trekster3~
Feb '18

Definitely Quick Check. I've tried Starbuck's several times and never liked it at all. DD is tolerable in a pinch. But Quick Check is always very good. I've never had Wawa.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Feb '18

Actually wawa is better than quick check. But i have to classify together.

Feb '18

Starbucks- cherry mocha latte:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Feb '18

Actually as i woke this morning with my coffee and let dogs out only to find out the neighbors got a labadoodle and my black lab who is an old man hates it. So this should be very interesting. But back to coffee i really do love my coffee pot. I prefer mine to any coffee around. Its funny my grammy always taught me to put a pinch of salt in the grinds to keep it from having a bitter taste. It works.

Feb '18

Starbucks all the way

Lucacell Lucacell
Feb '18

Quick Check. Starbucks is like the Red Lobster of coffee.

Scottso Scottso
Feb '18

@being myself: the interior of Coffee Potter is very nice. It was a bank with a drive thru and they were able to keep that feature, the interior was completely redecorated.

My favorite coffee, all espresso based, I make at home with whole beans from Greene's Beans, I use the Vivaldi beans. Out and about and in need of an espresso, etc., it's Starbucks for me.

There used to be a Greene's Beans in Long Valley years ago, if anyone remembers that. It was very nice.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Feb '18

Thank you on the edge. I think me and my daughter will go there before food shopping tomorrow. I kinda cant wait. Love coffee and tea shops.

Feb '18

Starbucks over Dunkin Donuts. DD coffee used to be good but now is watered down.

I get my usual morning coffee at Quik Check. The Coffee Potter is very good. I would love to frequent it but it doesn't work for me on workdays.

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '18

Where is green beans

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Feb '18

Greene's Beans is on High Street where Sasco Insurance is, right by the railroad tracks on the other side of the street where Miller Street is.

Thanks

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Feb '18

They have good coffee and stuff there i just cant stand the parking. I cant get in and out in the early am easily. Takes too much time. Wish green beans was in an easier location.

Feb '18

I favor Dunkin but do enjoy Starbucks on occasion because it is slightly different from my usual at DD.
DD: Iced Mocha Latte
SB: Iced White Chocolate Mocha Latte

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Feb '18

I like Dunkin and Starbucks equally for different things. I'm not a daily coffee drinker, so when I visit either, it's once every week or two. At Dunkin I get iced coffee. At Starbucks I get iced Americano, cold brew, Frapuccino, or peppermint mocha in the winter. I love mobile ordering at either place, because you can customize the drink to your liking and no waiting.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '18

Iced White Chocolate Mocha Latte? Jack Webb is rolling over in his grave (-;

ianimal ianimal
Feb '18

I prefer the Dan Aykroyd version ;)

Joe Friday Joe Friday
Feb '18

Neither for me. I don't drink coffee.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

DD was my favorite until they watered down the coffee. Now I prefer Quick Check.

Lee Marie Lee Marie
Feb '18

Hot cocoa at DD iced chai tea at Starbucks I don’t do coffee

Superchefsgirl Superchefsgirl
Feb '18

Percolate the old fashioned way, over a campfire or on the stove. The smell is comforting. On the road, QC extreme caffeine.

auntiel auntiel
Feb '18

They both suck!! I wish we had a crispy creme... Quick check for coffee...

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Feb '18

Dunkin. Starbucks is entirely too bitter, no matter the drink you get. You'd have to put far more sugar or syrup in it to make it palatable.

Harker Harker
Feb '18

Dunking for regular coffee and Starbucks for specialty coffee/beverages.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Feb '18

Friends do not let friends drink Starbucks. Go to Greens Beans. Try the Ethiopian Yrggachv if they have it.

Agust Agust
Feb '18

Personally, I suggest Greene's Beans Tanzania Peaberry.

I love Starbucks Matcha Green Tea Frappucino. Does Greene Beans have anything similar? Do they have a rewards card?

happiest girl
Feb '18

I like the coffee at hot bagels next to quick check. I Love green beans & buy pounds of coffe there for home brewing, but they don’t open early enough & the parking lot sucks.

Weedwacker Weedwacker
Feb '18

QC Reserve - great !

htownguy htownguy
Feb '18

French press tops all.... Hands down. Is this even a question? That being said it would be Starbucks beans in my French press. Dunkin is vile brown water with sickening syrup taste. I'd use it for composte. Quick check I'd give high honors. Panera checks in above Dunkin lower than the QC

Quick Chek for coffee!? That’s like going to McDonald’s for a “good” burger!

DevilsFan1 DevilsFan1
Apr '18

Dunkin my favorite, but Quick check is not bad at all - and that of many others too if you consider the amount purchased there any given morning - have you tried them Devilsfan? perhaps you like stronger coffee - but it's really not bad and some of the options are quite good.....

rleaf rleaf
Apr '18

Starbucks ...dd tastes like watered down sludge.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Apr '18

I drink a 12 pot of coffee everyday. Chock full o nuts is just fine with me. Stopped by the Starbucks here once in a moment of desperation after a long drive and asked for Extra Large regular coffee. I was told they don't have regular coffee in X-Large. "What's the largest size you have" "Veinte" I was told, "well how many ounces is that" "lets me check". 20 ounces I was told. Tasted like it was brewed with grapefruit beans. They can keep their pretentious mocca frappa crappa house select blend. 24 oz. of QC reserve, or Extreme Caffeine works for me.

Denis Denis
Apr '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.