Special Thank You to person at Shop Rite yesterday

The Duke was sitting on the bench yesterday by the check out counters at Mansfield Shop Rite doing his usual :PR work ( I think he knows everyone in Hackettstown! ).. while I did the week's food shopping. He was wearing one of his Navy Veteran Hats and jacket as he usually does anymore. A woman came up to him and presented him with a $15 Shop Rite gift card and shook his hand saying" Thank you, Sir, for your Service. He has no idea who this was but would like publicly to say a big thank you to that person for their kindness. I also would like to thank this person as she saved me quite a bit on my food shopping bill yesterday...

joyful joyful
Feb '18

What an uplifting story, great idea, and pleasant way to start the morning! Thank you for sharing this, and thanks to Duke for his service.

Rebecka Rebecka
Feb '18

: ) very nice!

maja2 maja2
Feb '18

Very kind.

Heartwarming, and Thank you for your service as well!

DLTK
Feb '18

the nicest story i have heard today!

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Feb '18

What a wonderful gesture from someone. Thank you to the kind person and the Duke. Nice to hear something like this.

Beautiful!! Duke, thank you for your service. Lady in Shoprite; thank you for your thoughtfulness.

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Feb '18

Thank you for your service Duke... Thank you to the kind woman who wanted to express gratitude. Thank you Joyful for sharing...this warms all of our hearts

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Feb '18

You know we love The Duke and are forever grateful for his service to our country.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '18

I saw an old man in the Salvation Army on Mountain ave a few months back wearing a WW-2 veterans cap. I stopped to shake his hand and thank him for his service, ended up talking to him for 10 minutes. He was a Ranger, first wave, Normandy, D-Day and was badly wounded in the Bulge and captured by the Germans.

sully sully
Feb '18

sully

Did you happen to get his name? My Great-Uncle was also with the 2nd Ranger Infantry Btn. , although he was sent in as a replacement 2 weeks after the Invasion. I've been trying to get more info from what few Rangers remain that may have known him & I've never been able to find who his Ranger "Buddy" was, since they were trained to operate in twos.

By the way, if you got an answer from your Dr. on the heart weirdness, could you post it on that thread if you don't mind? Hopefully it was something small.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.