Walmart

I just realized how these carousel things that walmart has at check out is driving me crazy. I know it might sound a little juvenile compared to the problems in this country, but wondering if this bothers anyone else? I have 4 kids to feed so i usually do a 2 week shopping at walmart with 2-3 carts. I swear i leave there once again missing about 40.00 dollars in groceries because of this carousel. The cashier puts my bags on the floor, next to her behind where they r. So long story short I call walmart for 2 days no answer in customer service. Finally get a hold of a women thought I woke her and she said i dont have any products left behind or would b in book. Ok. I will trust that. So without receipt absolutely would not talk to me. I said i spent 368.00 on my debit card and will give u my name and card number u can look it up. Nope cant do that. I get ripped off at walmart every time. I think i will spend the extra money at weiss. Would love to know if anyone else goes through this?????

Being myself Being myself
Feb '18

Yes I have. I left a bag with eggs and milk in it and just took it as a loss. I wasn’t used to that stupid carousel type thing and didn’t realize I didn’t have all my bags. I don’t shop there often but when I do I check for all my stuff!

It happened to me on black Friday a few years ago. It was over $100. Luckily it was turned in. I called and retrieved my things. I always spin the carasel now.

Hopeful Hopeful
Feb '18

I should do that. Thanks for input. But i think i get a little overwhelmed by all the carts and putting stuff on the belt and paying. But i honestly think the cashiers should be a little more attentive. Am I suppose to search what is bagged and put on the floor behind them?? I guess I should but i always get anxious about people standing behind me. But i just wish carousel would go away.

Feb '18

When you are ready to check out with such a full house if you will, request a helper. Walmart has employees that will assist you in the check out process when you have multiple carts and or have children in tow. Just as they would assist any person with special needs and such.

Thank you Greg did not know that and honestly never thought to ask. After all these years shopping there no one has ever asked if i needed help. Thank you.

Feb '18

One cashier charged me multiple times for single items. Four single items were charged 2 times each. I didn't catch the mistake until I read my receipt at home.
I called, and the manager told me to bring back my receipt, and that they could review my purchasing on their cameras.
All was rectified, but it did take nearly an hour out of my day.

Lili ur lucky this person on the phone wouldnt give me the time of day. I know they can pull up the sale because I work in the restaurant business and I can pull up any sale on our p.o.s. system. She was just too tired to deal with me. I just think walmart customer service has gone down the drain since they opened. It's sad because they feel once established they don't have to deal with customer service. It's almost like we just need them.

Feb '18

This doesn't surprise me. I tried to cancel a lay way at Christmas time only to be told I was passed the day to close it. That I would get a gift card in the mail for the amount I have coming back to me after the new year. Yep that's right never got anything.

grammie grammie
Feb '18

I'm sorry grammie. Ironically enough we called our mom grammie. They dont care about customers anymore they think we need them now... I'm sorry u never got a refund. Did u ever follow up on the gift card?

Feb '18

Its up to you the CUSTOMER to make sure YOU dontleave bags behind. The carousel system is stupid because its dangerous and there is no enough room to bag stuff.

Stephie Stephie
Feb '18

Get one empty cart before you go to check out and put all bags in the empty cart. At the time your first cart will be empty, the extra one will be filled up. Then proceed with your second cart, and so on. I always spin carousel and ask cashier if there are any bags by her / him.

I also always put discounted items separate and check pricing while they are scanned. 75% they are scanned incorrectly.

I have not liked Walmart for many reasons (such as destroying your local Main Street businesses), but I get upset with how many of those plastic bags you end up coming out with. I don't grocery shop there, but I can't imagine how many bags you would have to use for a regular two-week of food shopping. I always take my own reusable canvas bags to Shoprite, but they don't seem to want to use them at Walmart. The cashiers are shoving stuff in those plastic bags before you get a chance to do anything, and there is no place to do your own bagging.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Feb '18

I guess your choices are 1) don’t shop there anymore, 2) bag my own items 3) not sure how old your kids are, but they are likely very observant. Have them help to see if anything was left behind.
Sounds like this has happened more than once to the op.
Knowing I came home with everything from a differnt store is worth more than the aggravation and lost groceries.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '18

Many times in the past while shopping at Walmart I have had to return to the store for bags of items left on the check out carousel. Each time assuming that the checker was making sure we had all of our items before we left the store. No more! One time we bought a huge desk calendar and we thought she put that in our cart and in our haste found we did not have it when we got home. Went back and they said we never bought it..So, now we make it a point when checking out to stop talking with friends (lol!) and paying attention to make sure we have all of the things we purchased before we leave the store.

joyful joyful
Feb '18

Try using their pre ordering pick up system. It's no charge. If they are out of stock they sub with a higher grade similar replacement that you can choose to accept or not. Many of the items are cheaper through the online system than the are in store. They are notified as soon as you pull in the parking lot through your cell phone that you have arrived and within five minutes bring your order out to your car and load it for you. Have not had any issues yet with not receiving items and have on multiple occasions received better substitutions for out of stock product. Once ordered 2 avocados received a bag of 4 because they ran out. Received a twin pack deodorant because they didn't have the single. Also received larger size shampoo. All for the price for item I requested. Use it in pburg all the time. It's great and eliminates impulse buying

Underdog Underdog
Feb '18

perhaps this will help with so many complaints about one store:
Contact our Customer Service team to provide a comment or ask a question about your local store or our corporate headquarters.
Call 1-800-925-6278 (1-800-WALMART)
Contact Us - Walmart Corporate
https://corporate.walmart.com/contact-us

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

Underdog...Is this service available at Mansfield Wal-Mart?And they bring items out to your car?

dismom dismom
Feb '18

It's a discount store with low paid employees that for the most part do the best job that they can. Prices are reasonable, and you can walk into that store 24 hours per day and get anything from a quart of oil for your car, a baby stroller,or a can of peas-all in one location. Yes there are other stores out there, but none with the amount of choice that WalMart provides.

That alone has value. A place where you can get just about anything anytime you need it.

I check before I leave that I have everything. Some cashiers are better than others,but some car dealers are better than others also. If you don't want to go back, make sure before you walk out. It would help if the cashier notices and for the most part I believe they do, or everyone would be walking back to the store.

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Feb '18

It seems like one good solution to that would be to bring your own reusable shopping bags to Walmart. And the chain is actually working toward that, particularly in areas like California and Canada. If the local Walmart cashiers are giving people a hard time about using reusable bags, that that is an issue to bring up to the store manager and/or their corporate offices. And when you do, be sure to remind them that Target actually gives shoppers a 5-cent credit, for each reusable bag used.

JerseyWolf JerseyWolf
Feb '18

Part of it is that they have to compete with Amazon, who is not supporting your local town with tax dollars like WalMart is. They help pay for your police and schools by having a brick and mortar presence in your locale. They also provide jobs to less skilled workers who really need that work. They have to maintain a physical building, just like you have to maintain your house.They have to deal with theft of items. We could have a discussion over how much the owners should profit of course but other than that Amazon is without a doubt affecting all other businesses in the retail category. The difference-THE LOCAL TAX BILL.

" I just think walmart customer service has gone down the drain since they opened. It's sad because they feel once established they don't have to deal with customer service. "

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Feb '18

You could also do this with the plastic bags, make mats out of them for the homeless. At Target's price per bag, (you need 600), that's 30 dollars per mat, not including labor. If you have the bags anyway its a productive use for them.

TURNING PLASTIC BAGS INTO SLEEP MATS FOR HOMELESS
https://thesavvyage.com/turn-your-plastic-bags-into-sleeping-mats/

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Feb '18

Thank you all for the good ideas.

Feb '18

Bring your own plastic or canvas bags to Wal-Mart. They happily will use them. I never had an issue. And some of you are insinuating that the workers are just morons. Not true. They start at 11.00 hr, so not so low paying either.

Stephie Stephie
Feb '18

I have had that happen several times and been frustrated when trying to recoup. I typically shop alone and lose track where the bags were placed sometimes, I imagine that if I had my kids with me, it would be much worse - also, I agree that many times the prices for discounted items are not in the system, so you have to watch what is rung up. I love the online pre order idea - sounds like a great option.

rleaf rleaf
Feb '18

Dodgeball.......I agree 100%.......... "I check before I leave that I have everything"

I learned a long time ago that I can't just hope that the cashier has seen to it that I got all my bags......or if I got all the food that I ordered at fast food joints. To keep myself from getting nuts I always check my bags for all that I ordered, or make sure I have all the bags from around the check out.

littlelu littlelu
Feb '18

I have to say that the customer service desk staff of abhorrent.

Consigliere
Feb '18

Yes they bring it to you car and load it for you. Easy, convenient, great service so far. Don't know if available in Mansfield. In pburg pick up area is along the right side of building so you don't even have to drive through the busy parking lot.

Underdog Underdog
Feb '18

I use the self check out. Take my time and make sure everything scans up or fix it there.

Acl74 Acl74
Feb '18

Steph...you think $11 an hour is not low paying? Can’t pay your bills on that.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Feb '18

Better than minimum wage that most places pay to start.

Stephie Stephie
Feb '18

Lonesome Dove “but I get upset with how many of those plastic bags you end up coming out with.”

This year 5,000,000,000,000 (trillion) plastic bags will be consumed. That’s 160,000 a second! Put one after another they would go around the world 7 times every hour and cover an area twice the size of France.

Her Walmart excursion hardly matters

“It's a discount store with low paid employees”

Irrelevant to this discussion. If you take a job, you do the job. Your hourly rate should have no effect upon how well you treat customers or carry out duties.

that for the most part do the best job that they can.

If they are bagging things and putting them behind their backs where customers can’t see them, and then neglecting to give the bags to the customers before they leave the store, that’s not doing a good job.

"Do the Best job they can do"?

Sounds like you thing they are idiots.

Stephie Stephie
Feb '18

Let's not forget that there are teachers, police, firemen, doctors, lawyers, auto repair guys, etc all higher hourly rates that do not always do a good job.

How well someone does there job is more of a pride issue. Some never have it, some always have it, some have it then lose it. You can lose it by becoming disillusioned by your work with nasty customers or unfair management, or you may tolerate these things and have no issues. They could be at work sick, be at their second or third job, etc. People that work at Walmart are like any other humans and have baggage they carry with themselves every day. You are never going to get 100% performance out of most people, them included. So you can do your part by checking your own bag, or potentially leaving the store without something. It is what it is.

"Your hourly rate should have no effect upon how well you treat customers or carry out duties. "

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Feb '18

"Your hourly rate should have no effect upon how well you treat customers or carry out duties." Really? So you believe that there is absolutely no salary effect between a well paid employee and one who works at the poverty level, is forced to accept food stamps to survive, and still works a 40-hour week, but has to do so at two 20-hour per week jobs where the times are not conveniently dovetailed?

Really?

I think we have a willing volunteer for slavery :>) Hey, your lack of an hourly rate shouldn't affect your forced labor....... :<( I know, reductio ad absurdum.

"How well someone does there job is more of a pride issue." Tell the guy above to have some pride.....Sure, that'll help.

""Do the Best job they can do"?
Sounds like you thing they are idiots."
Now there's a typo that fits. What do you thing? Do your think, do what you want to do......I can't tell you, who to sock it to.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Feb '18

I think we have a willing volunteer for slavery :>) Hey, your lack of an hourly rate shouldn't affect your forced labor....... :<( I know, reductio ad absurdum.

---
So are YOU implying that only people who make salaries of oh, I don't know...a million bucks or so should or will do a good job? 100,000? Reductio ad absurdum and all that...

DevilsFan DevilsFan
Feb '18

Going back to the canvas and reusable bags people bring. Maybe the cashier feels YOU should pack them yourself. I do mine. I've seen customers just throw them on top of their order, expecting the cashier bag them. I think you should do it yourself. I do.

Stephie Stephie
Feb '18

This is really a problem? Wow.

sister jane
Feb '18

Maybe the cashier needs a new job or atleast stern talking to by management

Bug3
Feb '18

Frankly, I don’t care what he thinks I should do. It’s HIS job and he shouldn’t assume I’m going to do his job for him.

I hate those carousel things too, and I've gotten a nasty reaction from more than one cashier when I tried to spin it myself. A few times, the cashier even grabbed the thing and made it stop spinning. I was like, what the hell??????

Someone here said to check if there are bags on the floor behind or beside the cashier. Are you saying that they're doing it on purpose, to steal? Oh my god. Ugh, I hate that.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.