Comcast.net email issues?

Is anyone else having difficulties with Comcast Email. My email has not updated since earlier today and keeps saying can’t download from the server. Is it just mine?

Momof5 Momof5
Feb '18

I click on the messages and nothing shows up.

Ours is working!

Dadof3
Feb '18

Yes! I was about to ask the same thing! What is going on??

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '18

Me too! Happened yesterday for 4 hours.....I tried everything on my end.
It's the Mail servers according to comcast. Some comcast help experts will say it's you and point the finger towards YOUR computer.
It is happening nationwide according to some posters on the Comcast forum.
It was fine all morning, and then around 4:30 or so PM .... I could not open my mail.
The notice after all the time the circle goes around and around states, " This service is not available now; please try later!"

Embryodad Embryodad
Feb '18

I checked our email just before I posted that ours was working!!!! Just checked again and nope, it's not working now!!!

Dadof3
Feb '18

Now it’s working.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Feb '18

I am going through this with Verizon as well. Off and on for the past week there are times I cannot get my email or get on the internet. My home phone was even off for a while and when I called about it all...was on the phone for about a hour with them telling me it was internal and to plug and unplug and troubleshoot these problems myself over the phone. I demanded a repair service and set that up and then was told to hold the line again and was turned over to someone who wanted to update our service (Mentioning Fios).. and give us a new "bundle" at a better price. I said NO....and within minutes my internet, email and home phone were working. Then I get a email asking if I still need the service call set for two days away from then...when I did not reply...they called on my home phone to cancel. Wow!!! .

joyful joyful
Feb '18

Had some issues with retrieving my mailbox at first. On all three addresses.
Had some breakfast ( + - 30 minutes )... tried again, and all was normal. Then a drop down said retry... I re-tried, and now No Mailbox.

Two hours later....all back to normal, and fast as it is normally supposed to be.

Embryodad Embryodad
Feb '18

I would hate to think that these companies like Comcast and Verizon, etc. are "playing" with us and making it difficult at times to get our emails, internet and even our home phones in order for us to think if we upgrade to a more expensive service( or "bundle"... it will be much better and faster.

joyful joyful
Feb '18

Update from Xfinity ( Comcast )

They sent a message to my mail accounts, stating they were sorry for my difficulties accessing ? etc. my mail from their account servers.
They stated they were Migrating mail into new servers to alieve the problems with the mail.
So at least they admitted they were at fault, and not a fault on my end.

Embryodad Embryodad
Feb '18

I think there's a problem again. Anyone else?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '18

gotta ask why do you guys stay with Comcast or Verizon for e-mail? you know you don't have to use them right? most other companies have gotten email pretty well figured out by now. i don't remember my e-mail ever being 'down'.

scottso scottso
Apr '18

All good here

JiminMansfield JiminMansfield
Apr '18

No email since Monday. Internet is fine otherwise. Anyone else having this problem?

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '18

All of ours seem fine.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Aug '18

Reset your gateway box first. Then do a restart on your computer.
If that doesn't work, then call 1-800- comcast .
Sometimes it's like You are waiting for the bus, but the bus driver doesn't see you; so it just rides past you.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '18

The modem has nothing to do with it. We can't see it on our phones either.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '18

I would call Comcast ... sure it is a easy fix for tier1 support issue ... if your internet is working... I think you can even open a chat session to begin trouble shooting your account issue ...

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Aug '18

Not sure if this is your issue, but Comcast sent an email out earlier this month that said:
"Updates to your email settings are needed."
Although it says you need to update your email settings by Sept 12, maybe if you haven't done so it'll fix your problem. This only applies if you're using a POP setting and not IMAP. We had an occasional issue until we updated ours. So far, no problems. Our tablets were already IMAP, but our PCs weren't.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Aug '18

I did a chat last night with no resolution so it was escalated to the next level. Waiting for a call back.
We are not using a POP setting. That was something I had thought if too and at one time we did have our comcast email thru Outlook, but they did not play nice together so we access email directly thru Comcast now.
Any other suggestions? I have a ton of email I can’t get to.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '18

Seriously, what was I thinking-expecting Comcast to call me back. We started another chat to nowhere. Phone call in the am to them will hopefully get it resolved. Not holding my breath.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Aug '18

ok here we go again. has anybody else not been able to get email? i can not get it on any of my devices, and yesterday i was at a friends house and on 4G and still could not get it to load any mail. Kept getting error messages.

Laura Winters Laura Winters
Sep '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.