Caribbean/ Ethnic food store

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to the Great Meadows area, I wanted to know if anyone knows of any Caribbean/ Ethnic food stores in Hackettstown?

Newbie24 Newbie24
Feb '18

The Hackettstown BID is a great resource to learn about some of the businesses in town.

https://hackettstownbid.com/

There are a few nice shops in town that fill your need for sure.

Several ethnic places yes, but not specifically Caribbean. That I think you would need to to go East Stroudsburg as the closest, or Bethlehem second closest. If you want to buy some of the same groceries for making that kind of food, besides Fruitimex, Shoprite has a lot of it and the vegetable market in Budd Lake has some too.

Ethnic stores...let's see. Not much around here. Irish store in Bethlehem, PA or Denville, Polish store in Stroudsburg, Hungarian meat market in Passaic. Don't know too many more. Sorry.

DevilsFan DevilsFan
Feb '18

For Asian there's Top Quality in Parsippany and Kam Man in East Hanover.

Right in your Great Meadows neighborhood there's the food store Nykuns next to the Ukrainian Church -- they have lots of different kinds of Ukrainian pierogies in the freezer. I think the women from the church make them. They also have good bakery bread.

happiest girl
Feb '18

Thanks guys, this was very helpul! :)

Newbie24 Newbie24
Feb '18

Also someone told me about a store in Parsippany called Sultan Foods. She goes there for Halal food. I think she said there is an olive bar and interesting cheeses. I've never been.
Next time I go to Top Quality I'll check it out.

happiest girl
Feb '18

Look on main st take your pick. Is it really that hard?

Extra Extra
Feb '18

There aren't any Caribbean restaurants in Hackettstown, though.

DevilsFan DevilsFan
Feb '18

there used to be an ethnics food store in budd lake, near where that fruit market is. I don't know if it 's still there (and there's a dollar store there, and that edibally yours.

Hackresident Hackresident
Feb '18

Hibiscus in Morristown.
Great spot.
Great service.
Sometimes a Trio or piano on weekends.
Should fit your bill.

Stymie Stymie
Feb '18

The Indian food store as well as the Indian restaurant that were in Budd Lake were there a very short time. Closed quite a few years ago. There are 4 very similar places currently in Parsippany and many more in Edison.

It's not Caribbean but if you like Indian food ingredients. Subzi Mandi on Rt. 46 in Parsippany is really good. I used to go there twice a month when I worked in East Hanover.

Wendy Wendy
Feb '18

International Foods Warehouse in Lodi (it’s part of National Liquidators).

IAmMe IAmMe
Feb '18

Re: Caribbean/ Ethnic food store

Finally got to Sultan Food Bazaar. Quite an amazing place -- small but has a lot of interesting things.
From the bakery -- Turkish Bagel, Turkish Pide Bread, Pistachio Baklava.

happiest girl
Feb '18

The Aqui Market that recently opened in Califon is supposed to be offering Cuban food at some point.

http://njsupermarkets.blogspot.com/2018/01/look-inside-aqui-market-califon-nj.html

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '18

Ethnic? There's isn't even a decent jewish deli around here!

ASfromBklyn ASfromBklyn
Feb '18

I know, right? There's no halal restaurant, either!

DevilsFan DevilsFan
Feb '18

Istanbul Turkish Restaurant on 206 in Mt Olive is Halal.

happiest girl
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.