Is This Your Cat?

Is This Your Cat?

This cat just came to my door to eat the food put out for the neighborhood strays. I have never seen it before today. I'm on West Valley View.

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident
Feb '18

Beautiful cat.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Feb '18

it looks chunky - at least in your picture

4catmom 4catmom
Feb '18

I live on west valley view too i see that cat around all the time

Flower7890 Flower7890
Feb '18

After I took this picture I was trying to get closer to get a better one but it ran off across the street - it is a little chunky - lol

Feb '18

@Flower - I’ve seen a different black and white cat but I have never seen this one. Poor thing.

Feb '18

The cat may belong to Judy Truex who just passed away. The cats name may be Thomas. Judy lived at in one of the townhouses on West Valley View.

John C John C
Feb '18

@ John C- that's incredibly sad to think that a cat who lost their owner is now roaming around in the cold. Is anyone able to notify Animal Control, or post on the Lost and Found Pets of Warren County Facebook page to get this little guy inside where he is safe?

CookieMonster CookieMonster
Feb '18

If no one claims this cat I am willing to foster him/her. Just send me a private message. Tx

Jacqui Jacqui
Feb '18

John C call me right now Judy truex passed away 8622686537 I was a student of hers I've known her more than half of my life give me a call please right now

gregory ensel gregory ensel
Feb '18

@Jacqui - If I see the cat again I will send you a message. It seemed a little skittish and only was around long enough to eat.

@John C - do you know for a fact if this this cat belonged to Judy? I can check with her son the next time he stops by her place.

Feb '18

I'm sure. It's either Thomas or Thomisina. Thomisina is always outside. Very skittish. Won't go to anyone but Judy.

John C John C
Feb '18

@John C - Thanks - I'll talk to her son the next time he stops by.

Feb '18

Hi all,
I am Michael, Judy's son. We are having a difficult time getting the cats both inside and outside to come around us! We are leaving food and water daily. please contact me at(970) 699-0867 if you are interested in adopting any of them. We will try to locate and photograph all of the indoor cats when we can find them. As for the outdoor cats ( I believe there are 2 ) Please adopt at will if you befriend them. We can't get them to come close enough to I.d.

Mike D Mike D
Feb '18

thanks, everyone share this on their FB. I will as well :)

@Michael - First, I am so sorry for your loss - Judy was a great neighbor and we will miss her.

Thank you for responding and updating the information on her cats. I wish I could help you out on the adoption situation, however, I have several cats myself. Post pics when/if you get a chance. I know the 2 neighborhood strays I am familiar with visited Judy. She even caught a few strays and took them and paid for their spaying/neutering.

Feb '18

I am sorry for you loss, Michael.

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '18

I'm so sorry to hear of Judy's passing. All of the cats in Judy's place and outside were fixed. I helped her trap many. If they are outside and skittish they are not going to be adoptable unless you're ok with a cat that most likely won't want to be touched. If somebody in the area could continue to feed them, that would be great. Judy made it her mission to get them fixed so none would reproduce.

Worried Worried
Feb '18

Judy paid for at least 6 cats there to get fixed... Maybe more! The stray population was getting out of hand in that area and she wanted to fix it.

Worried Worried
Feb '18

The cats also need shelter. I will be more than happy to provide that to someone who is willing to feed them.

Jesse341 Jesse341
Feb '18

Judy and my wife and I drove a bunch of cats out to a vet I'm Allentown PA to be fixed. We adopted three of the cats.

John C John C
Feb '18

I put food and water out every day as many people in the neighborhood do so the cats are covered in that area.

Feb '18

Re: Is This Your Cat?

Still available for adoption....
Judy's indoor Siamese cat Bucky is a friendly companion still needing a home. He is updated on all shots and neutered. Please reach out to Michael at 970.699.0867 or respond to this post.
Thanks!

Mike D Mike D
Feb '18

Please be sure to vet prospective owners thoroughly... vet references, etc... the Internet is a scary place. He is a beautiful cat. :-)

Jesse341 Jesse341
Feb '18

Mrs. Resident, do the cats need shelters? I can provide some. Thanks for feeding the kitties!

Jesse341 Jesse341
Feb '18

Bucky.
I do have records and veterinarian information available for Bucky. Please let me know if you would like to get more details.
Thanks!

Mike D Mike D
Feb '18

Hi Mike I'm a neighbor of Judy's sorry to hear of your loss I just heard the other day just so you know the cats that are outside will be fine there's two Black and Whites a male and a female two calicos that are females there's also a striped cat a male and a gray cat.. that I'm aware of and we all take care of them and feed them so they're good... the cat in the original picture is partial to my house and I see her a lot so please don't take them away, thanks

Lauren l. Lauren l.
Feb '18

Mike, have you asked Judy's friends if they would like to adopt Bucky? I know she loved him very much and maybe one of her friends would like to give him a home? I can also ask the rescue I used to work for if they have a foster and would take him and find him a home if time is of the essence? I belong to a private local 'animal lovers' group on FB . I could post his picture there if you would like. Let me know

Worried Worried
Feb '18

Lauren,

That is so kind of you. Please private message me for I would like to donate food and perhaps some outdoor shelters for these cats.❤

Jacqui Jacqui
Feb '18

Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Bucky has a new home with a very nice family!
Mike

Mike D Mike D
Feb '18

Wonderful news Mike!

Feb '18

FYI Mike D.
We sent a donation to New Beginnings Cat Rescue in Judy’s name, per the address in the obituary, and it was returned to us as Undeliverable.

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Feb '18

That is my friend who took Bucky! I sent her his photo because she loves Siamese cats. He will have a wonderful life with her and her family!!! I will ask her for photo updates once he settles in!!!

Jesse341 Jesse341
Feb '18

Yay for Bucky! I am so glad your friend took him in and I hope we get to see photos. He's beautiful.

Aquarius Aquarius
Feb '18

This adorable kitty visits me everyday on Grand Ave. Guess because I am spoiling him/her. As soon as I try to get close away it runs. Lovely coloring..

Bucky update.... he is settling in nicely to his new home! He is effectionate and chatty with his new family! He is learning to be careful around his new baby sister and he and the other cat are slowly getting to know each other. All is going really well!

Jesse341 Jesse341
Feb '18

Any pictures of the kitty rose?

I will take a pic tomorrow when he comes around. Very skiddish, so need to move quickly

Try Pet Adoption League in Hackettstown, they may be able to trap them and adopt them out.

Waldo's mom Waldo's mom
Feb '18

Kitty was not around today, however my apartment house has named him Patches and he responds. He is clearly the cat in the pic of the first post

Hi everyone I just want you to know the cat in the original picture is comfotable with me and is living in a heated shelter on my deck so she's all taken care .. Judy called her Thomasina but I call her little friend.. ..
does anybody know if the brother the black and white and the striped cat got adopted I used to see them all the time and they haven't been around for quite a while??? The brother n the stripedal cat are big unlike my little friend who is petite

Lauren l. Lauren l.
Feb '18

Re: Is This Your Cat?

That would be Thomas. He spent a lot of time in Judy's house so he may be accounted for. I adopted the only surviving kitten born to Thomasina and Thomas. Her name is Nikki.

John C John C
Feb '18

Thanks john for the info

Lauren l. Lauren l.
Feb '18

There's an all black cat on West Valley View that's been hanging around on my deck on and off the last few weeks. I saw it this morning when I left for work and it's a little skittish. It looks very healthy and even has a tile locator around it's neck. Anyone else see this cat or know who it belongs to?

ASfromBklyn ASfromBklyn
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.