Raw food sources for dogs

Looking for a butcher that sells variety organs and raw meats for my dogs. If anyone does feed their dogs a raw diet where do you source your meat from? Shoprite doesn't have enough variety and i feel that a butcher might be more flexible to get end cuts..cheaper deals for bulk as well..

Re: Raw food sources for dogs

The best out there!

why would you give them raw meat . ???????

flyknot flyknot
Jan '18

You can go to Cherry Brook, on rat 57 in Washington. They offer several brands which are freeze dried raw products. The most popular is Stella & Chewys (read up on google). You can get raw meat for pets from Artic foods in Washington as well. I had to put my rescue dogs on raw because of there heart issues. Has helped.

The Amish Market in Flemington. A friend buys "dog food," which is pretty much what you describe. She puts it in a pressure cooker, bones and all.
I don't know anything about it other than that.

4of4
Jan '18

raw meat is full of disease you're really playing russian roulette with your dogs health there.

scottso scottso
Jan '18

It's hunting season. Maybe reach out to a local hunting club (Anderson Rod and Gun Club is probably still around) and see if you can help them clean up their venison scraps. Most hunters do utilize the vast majority of the meat and generally organ meats, but there will usually be some tasty waste that would make great meals for dogs!

As a dog owner who fed raw for a long time due to extreme allergies, I hope you find a good source as I know how beneficial raw diets can be (or whole food cooked diets).

Happy Homemaker Happy Homemaker
Jan '18

Ill post some articles and info on raw feeding tomorrow for those questioning this kind of dog diet.

Perhaps similar to the health benefits of humans drinking raw milk?

happiest girl
Jan '18

Hi, I agree with Joel, Cherrybrook has good sources for BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food),..
here is another wonderful source, just for reading up on the subject:
Biologically Appropriate Raw Food

https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/5_9/features/Evolution-of-Raw-Dog-Food_5481-1.html

hope this helps

AJ Moore AJ Moore
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.