Security cameras for outside

anyone have experience with "cost effective" cameras for outside ( ie; Home security ).

What is easiest set up with minimal expense ?

Thank You All in advance for your feedback.

Steven

Steven Steven
Jan '18

zmodo- I purchased two on amazon for $35. You download the app on your phone- they are motion based and notify you if you like to movement. Inital coast $35 for two-- on-going cost free. Yes- Free. I have them inside and outside my home. Good Luck! ( Can monitor the dogs in my home while I am at work! Free)

sister jane
Jan '18

sister jane - interested. Are these Amazon brand or another? I’ve been looking for something while I am away for the front door that won’t break the bank.

the brand is zmodo- you can get them on Amazon but they have their own site as well...

sister jane
Jan '18

I have an 8 channel wired system with a 1 terabyte hard drive. I have only 5 cameras in place right now. It's decent quality with night vision. It was around $325 I think. It has remote viewing from any device as well. As better quality cameras come out I upgrade.

I also have zomodo, terabyte dvr 4 channell. It holds about a month then starts writing over the oldest data. They also started a cloud service not to long ago. Mine is a years old. I liked them as they just use cat5 for data and power which made running cable easy, i wanted cable not wireless. Most other brands were a powe and seperate data cable. Moble app lets me see all 4 channels any time plus recorded data.

We just use trail cams.. cought our FedEx courier throwing our Chewy.com delivery!!

Carrie
Jan '18

Carie,

hich trail cams do you have ?

Make ....Model......

Where did you obtain ?

Steven Steven
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.