Hackettstown Honda

I am looking for a new car to either lease or finance and i really like the new Honda civic's. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience dealing with the salesmen of Hackettstown Honda and maybe if anyone recommends someone who helped them out with their car buying experience.

MrMet MrMet
Dec '17

See Thom Graham---the best!

Ziggy Ziggy
Dec '17

We looked and were intrested in leasing an suv from them.. It was basically here is your number and that’s it! Ended up leasing a Chevy.... Autosport Chevy was awesome to deal with!

mr. Tone mr. Tone
Dec '17

Bought a CRV from Hackettstown Honda in the fall. Nice people and I love the service department. So far they have not been pushy.

Just don't take the first offer they offer. Bargain with them on the price.

Bernie Bernie
Dec '17

I had a lot of issues with Hackettstown Honda. Bought used, traded in a car. Took FOREVER to get a clean title from them. Cluster!

Queen Bee
Dec '17

We purchased three vehicles and recommended Hackettstown Honda to many people. Very pleased. We’ve dealt with Roy and Josh, nice guys! We also use their service deptartment and have been pleased as well.

Happy with Honda Happy with Honda
Dec '17

Went there a few weeks ago to buy a car. When I finally got a sales person, he sent us out alone to the back lot to see if the model I wanted was out there. I left and went to Joyce on Rt 10 where Salesman Joe was amazing and got the sale..

Hipster Hipster
Dec '17

Very happy as well. All around. Service, sales...

Two from Sussex H. Very happy.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '17

We bought a used car from there from a salesman whose name I can't remember, but he looks exactly like Jerry Stiller.

I do not recommend him...

SayNoToAbuse SayNoToAbuse
Dec '17

Had bad experience at hackettstown Honda dealership.2 cars same color one in mint condition other not as gd. Gave me the one i didn't want. Low mileage. Had to replace tires, brakes and windshield wipers all within first year. Would not recommend them!

Brooke Brooke
Dec '17

My experience with Hackettstown Honda's most recent ownership has been pretty positive for minor service issues.

Best deal I ever got on a car was my 2009 Honda Fit from Ray Price. Bought right around New Years 2009 and just rolled-over 230K miles.

Sussex Honda seems to have a good rep, got turned off Phillipsburg Easton Honda during my 2009 buying experience (the sales manager came in with a double-breasted suit and tried to sell me a car I could not test drive due to a "broken window" for almost $1K over what I paid at Ray Price.)

Shop by price. Service by satisfaction. Even the most pleasantly supplicating dealerships have given me some abysmal service failures....which they took care of...after the fact.

That being said, and despite both dealership's past servicing screw-ups, I like Ray price and H'town Honda.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Dec '17

see tom and mo at hackettstown honda. i got two great deals from them

sadlad sadlad
Dec '17

Went to the dealership today with a flyer I received to lease a 2018 HRV with $3200.00 down would be $129.00 per month. When I got the price quote the monthly fee they quoted me was first $258.00 per month. When I asked Mr. Thomas Graham the manager to sharpen his pencil he came down to $229.00 per month. Needless to say I said no thank you and left. When I got home I reviewed the price quote they gave me and it turns out the price quote they really gave me was for a 2017 CRV. Hmmmm. Much more expensive vehicle. Oh forgot to mention I am a single woman who went to the dealership to lease a vehicle for my daughter who is in college. So off we went to Joyce Honda in Denville. In about 5 minutes we leased a 2018 HRV for $179.00 per month. Oh by the way felt so comfortable with the customer service I also decided to get myself a new 2018 CRV. Sorry Hackettstown Honda I tried to give my business to the town where I live but quite obvious you were trying to rip me off. People do your homework!!!!

JD, there is no way you leased a vehicle in 5 minuntes.

Consigliere
Apr '18

Just about. Looked at my vehicle I was trading in and gave me a great price. Thank you.

They can't sharpen their pencils on a lease. All that they can do is play with the residual value or the mileage or the downpayment.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Apr '18

Reggie Voter you are wrong. I have a VIP price reduction through my work at Nissan and that came off the lease along with a loyalty discount. My cohort at work regularly leases from Chevy and gets discounts all the time, loyalty, dealer or manufacturer rebates off his lease. If you find a dealer not willing to work with you on a lease go somewhere else.

Reggie you are way off. The residual is based off msrp and set by the bank. The dealer has control of the selling price the mointhy payment is based off. Many mfgs have customer cash and rebates on lease as well

I highly recommend Clinton Honda. I have been a customer there for 17 years and have purchased between myself and my wife 9 vehicles(we both travel to NY daily). See Tom Winnicky New Car Sales Manager and you will not regret going there. He beat every price I was quoted by Joyce, Sussex and Hackettstown Honda. The service department there is beyond reproach and extremely professional. I know it is a bit of a drive but it is worth the travel.

Stewart. Stewart.
Apr '18

JD

As a 2017 CRV owner you may find this website helpful

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/

What model and color did you get, I purchased a Touring in White. I love the automatic sensing cruise control is amazing, great for traffic conditions it will automatically start and stops the car from 65 to 0 mph and back to 65 without you stepping on the brake or gas. Got my in November and already have 9000 miles on it.

Do not know if you got the Honda extended warranty but you can usually do better getting it on line then at the dealer. When I purchased my CRV the dealer wanted $2200 for 120K mile 8 year warranty and I paid $1110. The prices below are from November 2017.

College Hills Honda D82$1120,
Saccucci Honda D82 $1170, C82 $1065
Hyannis Honda D82 $1110, C82$1005
Curry Honda D82$1260, C82$1155

C82 $100 Deductible
D82 $0 Deductible

C/d 120K miles, 8 years

More details on my CRV

2017 CRV Touring, 2 Wheel Drive, White Diamond Pearl with Black Interior, with Body Side Molding, Door Edge Guards, Splash Guards, Husky WeatherBeater Mats front and rear and WeatherTech Rear Cargo Tray with Bumper Protection, Interior LED Lights, Backup LED Lights, Heated Steering Wheel, UHaul Trailer Hitch, MFG in Canada  (eh)

NotIn NJ Anymore NotIn NJ Anymore
Apr '18

New management or not, I've been burned more than once at Hackettstown, and will make the drive to my old dealer- Phillipsburg Honda, who has always been nothing but honest with me.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Apr '18

How do you know you are getting the best deal when going to the same dealer over and over again? I just do not get it.....the last 10 cars I purchased I used the email method SO much easier. Email dealers within say 50 miles with the exact car you want and wait for the best deal then play one off the other...... You never have to deal with the game they play while on site and gives you time to really see what they are offering and compare apples to apples "deals" .

NotIn NJ Anymore NotIn NJ Anymore
Apr '18

I’ve purchased from Phillipsburg Easton, clinton, and Hackettstown Honda and found the inventory and overall customer experience to be better at Phillipsburg Easton.

Skippy Skippy
Apr '18

I prefer Sussex Honda.
They didn't try the window etching crap and other things that if you didn't catch it, you payed. The Hackettstown place even tried to charge me the destination fee again when it was clearly part of the MSRP...

+ 1 for sussex; 2 cars, experiences all good. H-town Honda would need a consistent track record and history to bump that.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jun '20

I had one experience with them and it was horrible. One and done.

dodgebaaall dodgebaaall
Jun '20

Hackettstown Honda is terrible. I put a deposit on a used car. 2 days later I get a call it was in an accident on the lot. But they couldn't show me the car or a picture or tell me where it was.

happycamper happycamper
Jun '20

We bought a new 2019 H-RV from Hackettstown Honda in January and had a perfectly good experience. No pressure, no hassles, smooth as silk. Same experience (so far) with our scheduled maintenance appointments.

I’ve been driving Hondas exclusively since ‘91, and truthfully have never had a bad experience at any Honda dealer I’ve been to in NC, PA, or NJ.

Monty Monty
Jun '20

Muller Toyota ' see Mike Neely
Great experience

Adair J Moore Sattel Adair J Moore Sattel
Jun '20

good news! It seems that Hackettstown Honda has got its act together during this pandemic. Had to get service and was impressed with their precautions. Masks of course, but also steering wheel cover, seat cover and also picnic tables outside if you wish. Good job Honda

ex sci teacher ex sci teacher
Jul '20

Thanks for updating us. That is good to know that they are doing better, especially now.

DogDayAfternoon
Jul '20

"Masks of course, but also steering wheel cover, seat cover and also picnic tables outside if you wish."

Don't worry, you paid for it. Guaranteed.

callitlikeIseeit callitlikeIseeit
Jul '20

Why would any customer of any business expect *not* to be paying for that business’ expenses?

Monty Monty
Jul '20

Re: Hackettstown Honda

We just picked up our new CRV, never went into the dealership. negotiated on the Internet and then the phone. Polite and easy. Delivery of the car went smoothly with no hidden fees or anything like that, we definitely would recommend buying a new vehicle there.

Had Enough Had Enough
Dec '20

Careful when financing because some of their salesmen really know how to sucker you in and later you end up finding out that you're financing an older model car for the same price of its newest version. They took advantage of a friend of mine but she also got too excited.

Noname Noname
Dec '20

Where ever you decide to go - look around, do your homework, and then go back on New Year's Eve. The dealer will want to get the vehicle sold before the end of the year so you can usually get a better deal. Good luck!

Stevie Stevie
Dec '20

Had Enough, how was the fit and finish? Was the car prepped good and no issues?

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.