AT&T and T-Mobile Service in the area

Anyone using anything but Verizon in the area. I am looking to switch from them but curious about the coverage/speed.

I have seen better deals than Verizon but not sure if the quality of service is good.

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Dec '17

At&T works everywhere Verizon does (that wasn't the case 10+ yrs ago) T Mobile has come on strong as of late but I don't personally know anyone using it

Itiswhatitis
Dec '17

I have had t mobile since 2000. Not the best coverage. We added a booster in our house that really helped. 5 phones unlimited everything cost me $136 a month including taxes

Old t mobile guy Old t mobile guy
Dec '17

We switched to TMobile 4 years ago. Service has gotten better in the area, only 1 known dead area on RT 31 that I am aware of.
The plan we have does not charge for going over data (which kids do each month) it just slows them down

Irishresq Irishresq
Dec '17

AT&T Is fast. Where it works - it works most of the time, but there's a few small deadzones when out in the sticks.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Dec '17

AT&T mostly works fine but there are a few dead zones.

Birdie Birdie
Dec '17

I have Sprint, but I’m in Mt. Olive. There are a few dead spots in the area, but not enough to make me switch.

Antimony Antimony
Dec '17

I've noticed that my strength of ATT service has actually gone down over the years. Ive had them for over 10 years out here (back when it was first cingular). I've noticed a few more dead spots pop up. But overall service is good and fast.

gzellf gzellf
Dec '17

Total wireless prepaid is a verizon mvno, so you get same coverge for less $$$$ google it or go to walmart.
Totalwireless family plan 4 lines unlimited talk text, and a shared 25GB internet for $100 a month, but I will suggest to buy your own phone, any verizon phone or unlocked will work with total wireless

I have cricket which Att prepaid service works same as a postpaid customer.

Tinkodinko Tinkodinko
Dec '17

Can anyone compare pricing between Verizon and AT&T?

Abc123
Jan '18

Verizon is so expensive. I'm thinking of switching also. 3 phones with unlimited calls/text with 8 GB...even with my 21% discount from my employer it's $143 a month.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jan '18

AT&T is not as good as Verizon but getting better. I suspect Verizon will meet their threat by getting better also. Forget about T-Mobile and Sprint for that matter as they both have big coverage gaps in less developed and especially rural areas.

I had Att for 8 years. I switched to Verizon last year for unlimited. I will be switching back at the conclusion of the contract. More dead spots, poor call quality, poor signal in many places.

ATT rocks around here. Verizon stinks on ice.

btownguy btownguy
Jan '18

Anyone take advantage of the AT&T offers for DirecTV customers? We have Verizon and DirecTV and have been thinking about switching. We are often 'out in the sticks' though, so good to see this thread about coverage.

hktownie hktownie
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.