Kids looking to shovel

If there are are any kids out there looking to make some money they should put their contact on the classified ads. I know i'm looking for someone.

The Man The Man
Dec '17

Goodluck.. None of them want to work...The 2 kids I had help shoveling for us last year decided they were experts and deserved a doubling of their pay!!

Mr. Tone Mr. Tone
Dec '17

There is a young man advertising in the classified ads looking to shovel snow. Check it out.

justwondering justwondering
Dec '17

You may want to check with the town they might need a permit

Debbie Debbie
Dec '17

A permit to shovel a driveway? If true, that's absurd.

justwondering justwondering
Dec '17

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/21/in-advance-big-storm-new-jersey-lifts-licensing-laws-for-shoveling-snow.html

That was repealed last year - there may be an ordinance

Skippy Skippy
Dec '17

I wonder what that $450 license does other than collect money. I can see it for commercial snow removal, but for residential?

A cop would have to be a real jerk to busy kids for shoveling.

Nosila Nosila
Dec '17

There's an App for that :) ---- http://shovler.com/

trekster3~ trekster3~
Dec '17

Skippy - That article from Fox is actually just a republish of the article really from watchdog.org. That would explain why they got the details wrong and also why there can't be an ordinance. The original issue never was a license as they claimed, that's state level not local in NJ. The kids from a couple of years ago were stopped because of soliciting, not shoveling. There never was any NJ requirement for shoveling, only local ordinances preventing going door to door for sales. If the kids sent out some post cards with their name & phone number they would have been perfectly fine.

The bill that was passed exempts snow shoveling from those town ordinances. Not lifting some kind of state license that did not exist.

The local ordinances are about all types of solicitation. In some cases like Bound Brook they set the fees so high to try to prevent it all together. Other places the fee is nominal and its more about giving the police a heads up so they don't think someones out there just casing houses. And just in case something does happen, they have the name & address already as a deterrent.

"In some cases like Bound Brook they set the" ... licensing... "fees so high to try to prevent it all together.

You're saying the same thing as the article, the only difference is that the article chose its words to mislead and leave a different impression. Paragraphs 2-4 say exactly what you just did, so I have no idea how you could say they got the details wrong. They just did what all so-called news outlets do today: "embellish" the facts with some duopoly trigger words to get the desired outcome of increased business...

justintime justintime
Dec '17

I miss the good old days when two kids with shovels after a snowfall were merely two kids earning a little money.
That's what my brother and I did. We would walk around the neighborhood looking for unshoveled driveways. Knock on the door and ask if they wanted their driveway shoveled, $10.
Not in Pottersville USA it seems.

How old do u need to be to shovel?

Anonymously
Dec '17

I'm still looking for someone to shovel a young man responded 3 weeks ago but I seem to have lost his number.

The Man The Man
Jan '18

Still more cost effective than if you fall outside and break your hip or have a heart attack. Also, without knowing your property and what you paid them last year, they may very well be deserving of a doubling or even a tripling of what you paid last year.
No accusation intended, nor directed at you, but there are a lot of cheapskates out there just to take advantage of younger people.

"Goodluck.. None of them want to work...The 2 kids I had help shoveling for us last year decided they were experts and deserved a doubling of their pay!!"

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Jan '18

Agreed, Dodgeball. They DID want to work. For what they feel they are worth...just like adults do.

WomanUpSon WomanUpSon
Jan '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.