Snow 12/9/17

We have an inch or so already in Oxford. Roads are clear, just wet. State trucks were out on 46 and 31 salting. Hubby just got called out to salt the county roads.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

I'll bring the margarita for the salt.

Looks nice. Now it can go back to 70 and sunny until next December. ;)

2.5 inches here!!!

Hoping for a foot more!

Darrin Darrin
Dec '17

a mere dusting ...

Steven Steven
Dec '17

In Great Meadows and we got 3 in Plus. Ours is all powder. Heard Hackettstown had a lot less, and it was kind of slushy.

Very light and powdery here. I think about 5 inches total. Roads are good. Well salted and just wet.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

5 inches in oxford???

If I got 2 here in Mansfield, that'd be alot. And only on the grass- less on patio/very little on driveway (due to melt)

I don't think I'm even gonna shovel, and it was a waste of time getting the snowblower ready

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '17

Confirmed....that 5 inches out here in Oxford sounds about right mostly on the cars and grassy surfaces. Definitely seeing that currently here on the eastern most side of town, a mile down the road from the Pequest Fish Hatchery. Of course it was a fight all day statewide for any sizable/recordable accumulations on pavement.

Thanks Vic, for not making me look crazy. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Hackettstown must of been in the screw zone because every amount I saw reported just east north south and west of you had between 4 and 6

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '17

I live in Mansfield and we def have to shovel the driveway and sidewalks

Nosila Nosila
Dec '17

Wow... seriously, in Diamond Hill, no shoveling. Not necessary. I can SEE my patio pavers. Today's sun will melt the rest. (IDK if it'll melt everything on the grass, but all the paved surfaces will be 100% clean for sure)

Dec '17

BUT... I can't tell you how many times this summer, it was supposed to rain, and didn't. It happened so often, and surrounding areas got the rain but I didn't, I'm starting to wonder if Schooley's Mt. / Point Mt. is having an effect.

Seriously... I keep talking to people, from Andover, Washington, Oxford... "boy, we had a lot of rain this year"... NOT IN DIAMOND HILL WE DIDN'T. Unless my property exists in a rip in the space-time continuum....

Dec '17

"Unless my property exists in a rip in the space-time continuum...."
Lol...!

Sounds like you're in a microclimate zone, JR. Totally possible.

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '17

To some degree the mountains can rob precipitation from the valleys or downwind locations. Not that our "mountains" have a huge effect but you see this very well in cities like Denver where 300"+ hit the mountains to the West while Denver is much drier whether it is rain or snow.

good point Jay.

Here are submitted snow totals. Note the time on each. Some are submitted before the snow actually stopped.

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=PNS

Bryan_NC Bryan_NC
Dec '17

Thanks for the link Bryan. The spotter for Oxford has 4.3. I live at one of the highest, if not the highest, spots in Oxford and I think we got a little more than 4.3. I should have gone and measured before it started to melt.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

4.5 inches near Mountain Lake measured on 3 flat surfaces shortly before it ended. Significant snowfall. Driveway did melt in the sun today without any clearing.

4of4
Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.