Grave blankets

I’m new to the area and I’m looking for a place to get grave blankets. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!!

lexi628 lexi628
Dec '17

Hometown hardware and Donaldsons both have nice grave blankets.

Townfriend
Dec '17

Donaldson’s Farm @ the greenhouses have beautiful blankets. I’ve purchased from them for several years.

outsider outsider
Dec '17

Calico Country Flowers on Willow Grove St.

The Man The Man
Dec '17

Also, the farm across the street from the Hackettstown Cemetary, next to the Miniature Golf Course.

Hackresident Hackresident
Dec '17

Swayze Inn Farm in Hope. Best wreaths, trees, and grave blankets. Actually priced less than others. And an extremely nice family run business.

I don't know about grave blankets but Weis has some nice wreaths and other decorations suitable for the graveside.

JBJKSJ JBJKSJ
Dec '17

Just go to Hometown Hardware, support the local business, they have a wide variety of grave blankets and more, prices are inline,

Hillary
Dec '17

Hands down Calico Country Florist is the best for Grave Blankets

Family Florist in Budd Lake. Linda does great work!! I go to her for all my floral needs. 973-347-6636

Angie White Angie White
Dec '17

Re: Grave blankets

If you haven't gotten one I make them home made at my house

Tammi Tammi
Dec '17

What is the grave blanket custom? Holidays? Seasonal? Just have never know much about it. Who cleans them up? Does it kill the grass?

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Dec '17

Holidays. Grass is dead in the winter.

Birdie Birdie
Dec '17

It's for winter protection and decoration, particularly at Christmas/New Years. Usually made out of evergreens because that's what lasts during the cold months. Grass ans not much of a problem.

Who cleans them depends on the cemetery. Either the maintenance crew there or it's your responsibility if there is no caretaker. Same as any other flower arrangement or decoration you put there.

I put a wreath on my moms bc I didn’t want a grave blanket to get covered in snow

Nosila Nosila
Dec '17

Thanks. Just never understood the tradition; my family plot is a state away and us family refugees just toast n sprinkle.

Have a funny right now in that one family plot has four slots; granny in slot two and somehow my weird Uncle put pop pop in slot four. First there were three sons, so what's up with the four slots? Two of the sons won't make it, they stayed local to other states. But.....where do you put sonny boy, the third son ---- slot one or slot three. One looks like pop pop is estranged; three just looks weird. Want to figure it out so I can donate one slot to the church. Think the family would like to share eternity with the disadvantaged... :>) Probably means that slot three it will be for sonny boy, we will make the stone correct and let history decide who is really in each slot.

Dec '17

"toast n sprinkle" - Do you write their names in the snow when you do that?? That is an image a I do not believe I can un-see....

Best's Fruit Farm has beautiful grave blankets at great prices.

geeez, very good GC. Just when I cut it short, you ask for more description :>). We toast the bodies into ash and then sprinkle the ash that was their bodies in a nice spot. This time, their favorite garden overlooking a lake.

We do what you are thinking about behind the garage some distance away and we don't sprinkle, we stream and I don't mean video (lest you ask for a download :>)

I got two more parents to go, can't keep em on the mantel forever --- where do you live? (kidding). These are going to their favorite spot in Hackettstown or maybe over the ocean where they met after the war. So think twice before sweeping that dust......

There will be no blankets.

Dec '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.