Goat loose on Beatty street

has anyone else seen a brown and white goat loose near the livestock auction? apparently its been loose for a few months?

htownresident227 htownresident227
1 week ago

yes, it has been on the run for awhile now. I have called the police station and they said no one has been able to catch it, and I don't think anyone is trying anymore. I'm concerned for his safety through the winter and also the danger of him getting hit by a car. I would love to see him caught and to live on someone's farm.. I don't think my back yard would be big enough.....

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
1 week ago

always on Valentine St on the tracks

If it is caught... I have a friend who has a goat farm in califon that may be able to take him.

Alstede will also take it. But not Donaldon's.

Maybe someone can round it up with a herding dog!

Jesse341 Jesse341
7 days ago

Maybe a lucky hunter will bag some cabrito this week

I live on West valley view and he was around my house around 430!

Happy578 Happy578
7 days ago

Kerry...Goats of Anarchy?

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
7 days ago

Is anyone experienced in catching this loose goat, then he/she can be transferred to a farm. I myself have zero experience.

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
7 days ago

A bucket of goat food might do it.......then rope him up and walk him home lol

littlelu littlelu
7 days ago

Is it a young goat or mature?

happiest girl
7 days ago

he was a very skittish goat and runs from people. Barnyard sanctuary said if anyone in the area has a yard with a fence and gate they would work with them to try and trap the goat.

7 days ago

happiest girl I don't know much about goats but it was fairly large

7 days ago

It's pretty big......I though it was a pony when I first saw it!

pumpkin43 pumpkin43
7 days ago

Any sightings today?
Where does it generally hang out?

happiest girl
7 days ago

He hangs out with the deer at the train station parking lot at night

Booster90 Booster90
7 days ago

I think it hangs out near the auction and into the woods up toward buckhill.

7 days ago

OMG when I first saw this thread title, I thought it said Goose on Beatty Street. I guess my brain combined goat and loose. I didn't understand the big deal over a goose. Now that I realize it's a goat, oh my. I hope the poor thing is captured before it becomes a road pizza.

Calico696 Calico696
7 days ago

Yeah, because road pizza doesn't go all that well with rice and peas...

ianimal ianimal
7 days ago

Yes we've seen it on the train tracks with deer, told police and they said they can't catch him.

Just seen this little guy again on west valley view called the police and stated they were ganna send someone out

Happy578 Happy578
5 days ago

Happy578,
Does the goat only appear by your house 4:30 / 5:00 (as you mentioned the goat's appearance twice at this time)
Someone from a sanctuary is interested in helping but I would think it would be hard to catch the goat in the dark.
If anyone has observed that the goat is at a particular location on a regular basis during the day, please post that information here.
Thanks

happiest girl
5 days ago

Happiest girl- yes the two times ive seen it were only around 430 ish so its getting dark around then. I called the police and they said they were ganna send someone over but dont know if they did or not. I just hope they catch this little guy. Tonight he was in the open field on the left hand side as you start to approach the townhouses on west valley view

Happy578 Happy578
5 days ago

We live in the area and my daughter and I have been watching our goat friend for a few months now. He has not been hit by a car yet, seems to be eating (not skinny or malnourished looking) and is now traveling with the local herd of deer. We rarely see him alone actually. Why does he need to be caught? Growing up, my neighbors kept goats and they stayed out side year round with only a three sided structure for shelter. There are plenty of abandoned old buildings in the neighborhood woods and he seems to be staying safe somehow.
I appreciate all that the animal rescue places do but why bother an animal who has adapted?

Seenit
5 days ago

Seenit, I totally understand where your coming from and your point hes been surviving for months now just dont want him to get hit by a car or anything :(

Happy578 Happy578
5 days ago

Any goat updates...i have a bucket of carrots and would like to try to help catch him, where would he likely be around 445 tomorrow?

Goatboy Goatboy
4 days ago

I seen the goat yesterday by the auction house right by the train tracks he was eating grass and the cop was parked right there with his lights on him watching him so not sure if they caught him or not.

Happy578 Happy578
4 days ago

I hope if they catch him he doesn't go to slaughter. He should get a free pass after escaping. I know a couple of animal sanctuaries who might be able to take him in. Goats of Anarchy in Clifton and http://www.ranchorelaxonj.org/

My son and I were walking around today looking for the goat...we did not see him. Any suggestions on best time or place? Cam someone upload a pic? Thanks

Goatboy Goatboy
3 days ago

Goatboy- I have seen him alot on West Valley View between 445 and 5 in the field on the left before the townhouses. Hes been always with the deer and then he was by the auction house yesterday. I believe hes brown and white good size goat. Hes always around west valley view and the auction area by the tracks

Happy578 Happy578
3 days ago

Goatboy ---
What are your intentions?

happiest girl
3 days ago

Why does he need to be caught sounds like he has been accepted in to a herd of deere doesn't seem to be starving he got away let him be free.

I just worry when it gets really cold outside

Happy578 Happy578
3 days ago

Is the goat around on the weekends or is this just during the week? I'm sure he doesn't underpants days of the week but more likely human traffic patterns.

Also if there is enough snow today maybe a good day to catch him, provided it slows him down.

Goatboy Goatboy
3 days ago

Goats eat about everything. If he is caught Barn yard Sanctuary are the best. Keep in mind this is a farm animal the goat will be fine with the cold. I am always going that way have yet to see him. Maybe if people would actually follow the speed limits in those areas he won't get hit. The police can only do so much. They can sit by the auction and hand out speeding tickets. Unfortunately the police are going into their very busy season. Keeping us all safe on the road from holiday drunk drivers.

Outdoor women Outdoor women
3 days ago

Goatboy,
The goat goes to Beattysville on the weekends.

happiest girl
2 days ago

If he's the same one that comes to my yard, I live on Russling Rd and he goes to my sons house which is right down the road on Old Vienna, He's been running for about a year or more. We always see him with about 5-6 deer. He was just in my yard last night with 5-6 deer. This was about 10 p.m.

Cc- what does he look like?

Happy578 Happy578
2 days ago

I've only seen in in moon light and last night by flashlight, but honestly, he reminds me more of a ram. He looks like he needs to be sheared. When my son saw him last winter he said his horns curved around. His dog was tied out barking and the goat/ram lowered his head and pawed at the ground. But he was definitely here last night.

Pic anyone?

Goatboy Goatboy
2 days ago

So is this a goat or a ram...this is important....

Thread name could change, my screen name could change, thoughts of wild goat milk could change...etc.

We need some pictures, this is becoming like the Bigfoot of Hackettstown.

Goatboy Goatboy
2 days ago

Like the old saying if its not broke dont fix it.

Only see goat/ram/it at night so not easy to get a picture of this creature lol. But it has been running around here for over a year. Seems to be doing pretty good and enjoying his deer friends :)

Re: Goat loose on Beatty street

This was a while ago when our building camera caught him.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Goat loose on Beatty street
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.