Need jump start

Anyone know who I can call? Car is dead in driveway.
Thanks

Jackie Jackie
Nov '17

A neighbor...A friend...

I wouldn't put something like this online...pretty much asking for a random person to come to your house..no thanks!

See if your insurance company has a roadside assistance number you can call, if not try a neighbor a lot of people may have their own set of cables and you can do it yourself

Chuck44 Chuck44
Nov '17

Jackie,
Have you found anyone?

Concerned resident Concerned resident
Nov '17

Where are you located? If it's close to my work I can come over and give you a jump.

Irishresq Irishresq
Nov '17

Thanks all! Really appreciate it.
Bills Service Center came out. Super fast. Great service. Cost me, but oh well. Life happens. Thanks again for offering.
I have cables but no neighbors around, lol!

Jackie Jackie
Nov '17

If this happens once in a while like it does to my friend Bubba D., you might consider a $40 jump started battery so you don't have to rely on anyone else. It's self sufficient and portable so you can keep it in the car, just recharge it once in a while. It doesn't spark like jumper cables and also has a tire pump, usb charger ports, etc.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-FATMAX-J7CS-Jump-Starter/dp/B00RZXVQSU/

good call GC
and a fine Xmas gift idea

Great recommendation by GC. Read the manual carefully and as GC mentioned, don't forget to charge the batteries at recommended intervals. The lead acid batteries are damaged if their voltage gets too low and cannot be recharged. I "lost" one of these during a move and found it 2 years later. The battery could not be recharged at that point. After seeing the link GC posted, I'll probably buy another one, and set a recurring reminder on my phone to recharge it (I think every 2 or 3 months).

Rob Durana Rob Durana
Nov '17

GC- thanks. Will check it out.

Jackie Jackie
Nov '17

Lots of nice people in this town, glad to see an offer - possibly two - to help you out... Bills is great - AAA is wonderful too....

rleaf rleaf
Nov '17

Seems as if there is a battery issue, or a charging system problem, if it happens regularly?
I would get it checked. Maybe the dome light was left on, and discharged the battery?

Embryodad Embryodad
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.