Looking for volunteer opportunities in the area

I'm thinking about trying to find an organization to volunteer with during my free time on Saturdays. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really open to anything. Just been feeling like I need to give back lately.

snowballcat snowballcat
Nov '17

Hospital has a great program

Skippy Skippy
Nov '17

Contact United Way. They're a clearing house for any number of charities and opportunities.

If you like pets, there are many places in the area in need of volunteers.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

I gather some of the local nursing homes would welcome volunteer help as well.

Pet adoption league in Hackettstown is always looking for volunteers to help with the cats at Pet Valu.

Molly
Nov '17

I was just going to say Pet Adoption League. If u get on there website palpets.org they are asking for volunteers.

Nellejoy Nellejoy
Nov '17

One of the posters on here volunteered at the wolf rescue as well - that sounds fun.

Skippy Skippy
Nov '17

More than one has volunteered at Raptor Trust, Barn Sanctuary, and Antler Ridge. There are quite a few places that need help.

Also TRINITY church - thrift shop is looking for volunteers also

Bernie Bernie
Nov '17

If you love horses, Rivers Edge Horse Sanctuary in Newton always needs volunteers.

Molly
Nov '17

Trinity Thrift Shop needs help on Saturdays as it's one of their busiest days of the week. Call and ask for Maureen. They are a great group to volunteer with..

Magpie Magpie
Nov '17

Habitat for Humanity Morris County is building 2 houses in Budd Lake. One is complete or near complete, but the other still has a lot of work. They have volunteering on Saturday's and the guy that runs it is great. No skills necessary, just contact them and show up.

I'll echo those who said Trinity Thrift Shop! You could stop in on a Saturday to set up future volunteer visits, or call the office during the week and they will put you in touch with the right people. They need help with everything from donation sorting, working in the Main Street shop and furniture shop, researching info about higher-end or antique furniture and items, etc. 908-852-3020

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
Nov '17

Call the main office at Trinity Church. Besides the Thrift Shop, there are opportunities in the office during the week and the Food Pantry.
The office number is 908-852-3020 Monday-Thursday 9-4, Friday 9-3.

Tom Sokalski Tom Sokalski
Nov '17

Look into the local rescue squad. Some have admin positions for those who don't want to be EMT's but still want to volunteer.

Irishresq Irishresq
Nov '17

Re: Looking for volunteer opportunities in the area

Antler Ridge is again looking for volunteers to help care for orphaned wildlife - New volunteer training is February 25th - questions - message me

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '18

How about a school; ?

Something that the taxpayers don't have to pay for !!

Steven Steven
Jan '18

Antler Ridge is totally run on donations, fundraising and with unpaid volunteers...........
absolutely nothing from taxpayers except by personal donation

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '18

Bringing this back to the top. Looking for something I can bring my 3yr old to help and volunteer. Would love it to be a children's charity or something like that.

LJRubi LJRubi
Jun '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.