RIP Debbie Miller Kling

RIP Debbie. You will be missed. A great teacher. Until we meet again.
June 4, 1955 - October 23, 2017

Mrs. Kling was one of the most amazing people I've ever had the pleasure to know. She was my only advocate in school and one of the people I admired the most. My prayers are with her family.

OldStudent
Oct '17

Debbie is probably the most incredible person I will ever know.......for sure the most incredible person I know to date...........I've never seen someone who faced adversity with such grace....She is someone I will never forget...I thank God she is no longer suffering and is at peace. It was such an honor knowing her and I am truely a better person for knowing her and having her in my life.

Sending all our love out to her family.

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

My family and Debbie's family were personal friends as she grew up in Hackettstown along with my children. Her entire life she succeeded not only in her academic life but in her personal as well. If anyone was a wonderful example of a Mother, Teacher and wonderful human being who was always concerned for others more than herself.....it was Debbie. R.I.P. Debbie Miller Kling.. Heaven welcomes another Angel...We will meet again someday..

joyful joyful
Oct '17

Truly an amazing woman. RIP Debbie.

Abc123
Oct '17

I was lucky and attended HHS during the mid to late 80's and Mrs. Kling was one of many beloved teachers there. She was good to me and as a lost teenager it was appreciated more than she knew.

The HHS community from that time period also lost Mr. Pool recently as well. Again, another teacher that offered guidance and knowledge to his students.

RIP to both.

To their families: thank you for sharing your loved ones with us, may the memories that they created provide comfort to you now.

sunshinedaydream sunshinedaydream
Oct '17

I went all through school with Debbie starting with first grade. Even though I knew her personally, my fondest memory is waiting to see what the Kling/Miller family Halloween costumes would be. It was always amazing and fun. I think the best was after 9/11. Uncle Sam, Statue of Liberty, Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross, the last I don't remember. Every year it was a different theme. A family event. RIP Debbie

auntiel auntiel
Oct '17

Does anyone know if/when/where there will be public services to honor her?

Denise K
Oct '17

Auntiel......I have a photo of them from that Halloween.....I'll dig it out and post it.

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Our prayers are with Stefan and their 4 children. A wonderful family and wonderful woman, mother, wife teacher and friend. She faced this outcome with dignity. A truly beautiful person our family admired. RIP Debbie!

Bergey Bergey
Oct '17

Nothing has been posted yet as far as arrangements. Such a heartbreak :(

I was sorry to hear that Mr. Poole had also passed....which Mr. Poole? (I had them both at HHS) Was it Bill or Dick?

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys
Oct '17

ll- that would be awesome. Can't wait. Thanks!!

auntiel auntiel
Oct '17

Deb was one of the magnificent spirits to grace our lives. I feel unbelievably blessed to have known her. My deepest and heartfelt condolences to Stefan and her kids. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Bless you all.

George McGregor George McGregor
Oct '17

Auntiel......I found the picture but seems I didnt get Debbie or Stefan in the pic...I guess I wanted a close up and since he was soooo tall as Uncle Sam I didnt include him, but don't know why I didnt get Debbie. It is a cute shot of the kids. It's in a scrap book so later or tomorrow when I have a minute I'll post it.

Those are the things I saw Debbie do with the kids that made her such an awesome mom.......

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Thanks ll. I remember Stephan and Deb. I would love to see the kids, and remember which one I forgot. Can't wait. I think she would laugh and be proud we are remembering her and her family in this way. I know she would.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '17

sunshinedaydream,

What year did you graduate from HHS? I was 1986. Was it Richard Pool? Sorry to hear he passed away as well.

From Debbie's daughter Madeline:

32,813,280 minutes.
How do you measure the life of Debbie Miller Kling? In costumes, in cards, in students, in Facebook lessons. In fun hats, in smiles, in laughter, in light.
In this season of love, we measure the life of Mrs. Kling/Ms. Miller/Debbie/Sister/Wife/Mom through the countless number of loved ones who will carry out her legacy.
Our favorite teacher decided to use her passing as yet another learning experience, as she has donated her body to research. In lieu of a funeral, the Kling family would like to invite you to a celebration of life.
Visitation: Saturday, November 11th from 9am-2pm in Trinity House (located behind Trinity United Methodist Church) in Hackettstown, NJ.
Memorial Service: Sunday, November 12th at 2pm at Trinity United Methodist Church (sanctuary), followed by a reception.
If you are able, please come and join family and friends as we gather to celebrate this season of love.

LVMomOfBoys LVMomOfBoys
Oct '17

Re: RIP Debbie Miller Kling

Auntiel I hope the picture is large enough to appreciate the great costumes the Kling children were wearing.

LVMom...thank you for sharing the service dates and time.

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Re: RIP Debbie Miller Kling

Halloween will never be the same for us without her! I can’t wait to have my own kids someday and make them wear an upside garbage can around town ;)

Marjory Kling Marjory Kling
Oct '17

That's it!. I forgot about Abe. Thank you so much for posting Marjory. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your entire family are in my prayers. Thank you to LL for posting your pic. Ahhh yes the upside down garbage can. lol. There were so many.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '17

Marjory, Thank you for posting the picture of your whole family. It's one of the wonderful memories I'll always have of your mom and your family. Know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Those costumes are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy Tracy
Oct '17

I also loved the snow sculptures they did! A very talented family.

IChristine IChristine
Oct '17

God Bless Debbie I will always remember you Kevin

Kevin   B Kevin B
Oct '17

I will never forget you.

Jean E.Lichty Jean E.Lichty
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.