Free Union United Methodist Church vandalized

Free Union United Methodist Church vandalized

Not sure how this is only considered burglary, and criminal mischief??

Denis Denis
Oct '17

Wow!! That is so shocking to see. I hope they find the vandals. What is this world coming to??? I don't care what someone's faith or non faith is this is awful.

Natari Natari
Oct '17

That's terrible.

happiest girl
Oct '17

I would think they would be at least investigate this and determine if it was hate crime.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Oct '17

This is terrible news.. What is happening in our society? Even our places of worship are not considered safe or sacred anymore?...This was more than mere vandalism in my eyes..Destruction of church property is inexcusable and I hope the person or persons responsible for this are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.....

joyful joyful
Oct '17

Meth addicts looking for gold and silver...

That may be the case, IJay, but why start fires burning items inside the church as well??

joyful joyful
Oct '17

And what punishment other than jail should they be given when they are caught and found guilty
I say that they must be give the task of cleaning painting cutting grass and grounds care of the Free Union Methodist Church one 12hr day every week for 10 years and if they fail to do it then its off to jail for five years punishments in this country needs to fit the crime

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Oct '17

Terrible. Here's an article.

http://wrnjradio.com/rnj-news-department/2017/vandals-burn-bibles-vandalize-liberty-twp-church-photos/

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Desecration of this kind is usually "rewarded" by some very unfortunate act happening to the "vandals". It may not be today, tomorrow or next week, but karma will bite these vandals in the butt, and they will be given a penalty or misfortune greater than the damage they caused.

The universe has a way of balancing these acts out with a like act befalling the perpetrators. I would hate to be in their shoes right now!

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Oct '17

This is so sad.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '17

Where is this church at?

Buz126 Buz126
Oct '17

It is about 300 yards from intersection of mt lake rd and marble hill rd on marble hill rd that area was called free union

Oct '17

http://www.nj.com/warren/index.ssf/2017/10/vandals_break_into_church_burn_bibles_and_hymnals.html#incart_river_mobile_home

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Oct '17

Quintessential rural church...

Arrest made. Can't find a FB page on this guy. http://newjersey.news12.com/story/36681702/police-make-arrest-in-vandalism-of-160-year-old-church

Glad they got him. Pretty sure his profile is on FB, just with the name Nick.

Denis Denis
Oct '17

Re: Free Union United Methodist Church vandalized

Here he is, from the NJ State Police FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/NewJerseyStatePolice/posts/1458229787564892

Denis Denis
Oct '17

The Eye of Horus inside a Pyramid tattoo along with the church desecration and Halloween near would indicate occult activity afoot.

What a friggin' zero, thank you to his parents for bringing this garbage into this world...

LOL don't hold back ijay!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

So glad they got him ! Thanks to everyone who helped nail him via social media.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '17

I am a sort of under the radar religious person, attend no organized church, but have very strong faith in the power and presence of God in this world. I have been inside this church one time previous to the vandalism, and you would be hard pressed to understand what would come across someones mind to want to perform an evil act to destroy the beauty and simplicity of that church.

I also have dealt with folks that are not well or consider themselves not part of conventional society. I understand where they are coming from, at some level. Harsh experience in this world has led them to places that they do not wish to be, but they often feel no way out. I have compassion for that, but only to the point that crime is committed.

I cannot understand this act, but at the same time I do understand the performance of this act. It was done by a person that must have had some very difficult upbringing or pain in their life to make them think this is something that is ok, or a thrill to do.

The church going folks would say, "pray for him, and hope he understands the pain he has caused". I agree to some extent. The picture of him clearly shows a person in long term distress. He will now need to come to grips with his crime, or be destined to be yet another in a long line of vandals and graduate to another level of crime.

I hope something opens his mind, or touches him during his expected incarceration. While a currently a lost soul, maybe somehow, he can come around and see how bad what he did is and make his repentance.

I am glad they found him, but will this be the beginning or the end for him? There are many stories of those that have realized the wrong path and come around, and as many stories of those that just cannot turn it around and get into continual trouble.

I hope this person is able to turn his life around. And, whatever pain or difficulty he is in, that it gets resolved.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Oct '17

Very well said, TRA.

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Oct '17

That's the point, it is up to him. Most people come out of prison worse but some do come out better. He is young and can theoretically turn his life around. I also would not downplay the fact that his parents probably didn't do the best job either. Nothing bothers me more than parents that "close their eyes" when obvious problems are occurring.

This is/was clearly a terrible act and maybe I'm the only one that believes that this dirt bag will never see the inside of a prison. There is little to no justice in our justice system save for law abiding citizens.

I'm sure that this things fawning family will find a way to get this "poor boy" counseling, because after all he really didn't mean this. Oh spare me the rhetoric, he wasn't hugged when he was a baby...

Sadly, like the Beatles song... obla di obla da

some doctor will say he was not breast feed as a infant and was left to cry to long when wet I still stand by the punishment needs to fit the crime as I stated in earlier comment

Oct '17

A few thoughts , the article stated they were searching for the “vandals”, plural! Did he act alone?
One of his friends on Facebook seemed to congratulate these crimes at the church, calling him an “antichrist superstar”.
Does this imply his friend is involved?
The article informs he lives in the town not far from the church. What does everyone think of public safety in the area?

Concerned for town
Oct '17

What concerns me is that damned tattoo on his neck...

Strikes me as an initiation type act for a larger occult group - don't think the cops or press release that type of information to avoid any panic. Plus Halloween season is freak season - will be interesting to see if anything else happens this weekend in the area but doubt it since this guy got caught.

My concern is more practical. Who would hire this fool? Where can he work with such a thing? Then he stays unemployed in the parents basement and only bad things happen...

Gotta love the all seeing eye.....

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

The Eye of Providence is a common symbol in Eastern European countries, showing up on the coat of arms of cities in Poland, Lithuania, Belarus, etc. Given this nitwit's last name, I suspect it may be related to his heritage rather than some grand occultist conspiracy in Liberty Township...

ianimal ianimal
Oct '17

Does the "Eye of Providence" desecrate churches in Liberty Township?

there are no public safety concerns in this area.
bored youth vandalizing is nothing new, romanticizing occult stuff is nothing new.
Really, really horrible - but nothing terribly exciting y'all

kepa
Oct '17

Bored youth? He's 27. Just a nut job.

Indie Indie
Oct '17

-27 years old
-Occult Neck Tattoo
-Desecrates a Church
-During Halloween
-NJSP - looking for additional suspects

Oh those crazy kids.....just having fun....nothing to see here....idiots among us.

"Occult Neck Tattoo"

Either that or he's a fan of the dollar bill. Or he's been in an Eastern European prison. Or he belongs to the Masons. Or he's a product of the American Revolution.

Conspiracy theorists among us.

Maybe he's a fan of Third Eye Blind.

Dodgeball Dodgeball
Oct '17

you're really concerned about a satanic
cult, ru? Is this the 80s and Dungeons and Dragons going to corrupt all the occult-curious?
There is nothing more to make of criminal vandalism than what it is, and to prosecute it severely, otherwise you give in the the "fear" that people like this are hoping to create.

kepa
Oct '17

None of this matters. All that matters is, you do the crime, you do the time, PERIOD.

I don't care if he comes out better or worse- that's up to him. He's a grown ass man at 27, has been for 9 years. Actions have consequences. You perform the actions, you suffer the consequences. If you decide to get even madder at the world and come out of jail even worse, that's ON YOU- not society- YOU. And we'll get you again, And again. Too bad he's not an illegal alien, he'd have a better chance at a "get out of jail free" card....

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Oct '17

Wait a minute..my daughter has tattoos and piercings, however she is finishing her Masters. Should she be classified as a loser?

A criminal is a criminal on the acts that they have done..doesn't matter if they look like Howdy Doody or Charles Manson.

positive positive
Oct '17

positive

Well said and quite true. Criminals have many looks, from suit & tie to tattooed and pierced. The suit & tie ones normally are responsible for the greatest impact, monetarily and in sheer number of victims.

Some of the nicest and most honest & lovely people I've known have had multiple tattoos and/or piercings, eyeliner, dark clothing & dyed hair. Appearance is just a distraction from reality and a way to judge others, somewhat like skin color or language... .

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '17

To All... I agree with Positive... you need to look past the wrapping people wear and see the package inside ... just as a gift given ... it could be wrapped in the nicest paper with bows and streamers... but inside is a pack of ugly socks.... or someone can give you a brown bag with something inside and when you look inside it could be a bottle of favorite adult beverage or some food from your favorite local BBQ place.... just saving never judge a book by its cover!!! .... I feel sorry for the church and those who attend... I feel worse for the young gentleman who has become lost in life and needs love to help him find his way to more productive path in society ...

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Oct '17

all he needs is love (#@&^ %! ) No way what he needs is a swift kick in the Ass ,make him clean up his mess and more

Oct '17

It's one thing to entertain these thoughts ( bad)
It's another thing to act on these thoughts ( very, very bad).
Slammer time for this guy.
Except for the 10 hours a day he has to pick up trash on the side of our highways.
JMHO

Stymie Stymie
Oct '17

When you alter your body like that, you are a loser. Those huge holes aren't going away unless you get corrective plastic surgery, same with all the tattoos. It's a form of mental illness but still not an excuse for what this piece of trash did. Not that I think those with mental illness are all losers but the body modification freaks are another story. Here's a perfect example.

JennyM JennyM
Oct '17

Wow JennyM must be the most delightful, interesting local citizen!

kepa
Oct '17

Wow, kepa maybe you can cuddle garbage like this and tell them what individual artistic souls they are. LOL.

JennyM JennyM
Oct '17

JennyM, 1 in 5 adults in America has a tattoo. You’re saying that 21% of our population consists of degenerate freaks and losers? That’s a pretty broad brush.

I find it very hard to believe that you don’t know any professionals with tattoos.

Katherine Katherine
Oct '17

Just SMH again

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

The charges turn out to be much more than the original post. That question seems to be answered.

The rest looks like excess baggage so I'm guessing we're pretty well done here. It's definitely no longer about what happened.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.