1947 Hackettstown High School class ring

1947 Hackettstown High School class ring

After my fathers passing several years ago I have been wearing his 1947 class ring. It is very worn to the point that I cannot see what used to be in the center of the ring. Anyone out there have a ring of the same year that is not worn? I would love to see a picture of it.

Jeepers Jeepers
Oct '17

Perhaps the high school has some archival photographs of class rings.

Mine is worn also but visible enough to appear to be a"torch' over top of a "winged foot"
This looked familiar and a look at the "Oracle" shows a logo imprint on the front as same !!

Geedo Geedo
Oct '17

Greg. I checked a few years ago in the Hackettstown High library. They had the 1947 year book but there was no picture of the class ring. The librarian had no other suggestions.

Jeepers Jeepers
Oct '17

Re: 1947 Hackettstown High School class ring

Is each year different? Here's a photo of a lady's 1948 ring.

honey badger honey badger
Oct '17

Sure looks similar. Good find!

Re: 1947 Hackettstown High School class ring

The image in the ring looks similar to Shot Put. Maybe they were on the track team.

Cherie Cherie
Oct '17

Cherie, no. It is not track team related.

honey badger honey badger
Oct '17

20 years ago (possibly longer) there was a group similar to the Hackettstown BID. I don't remember the name of it. WRNJ reported a story about a man living in a distant state who bought a bag of peat moss from his local K-Mart. Upon opening it, he found a Hackettstown High School class ring from many years earlier. He contacted someone from Hackettstown and was referred to this BID type group. The story was that he was going to send them the ring. There were initials engraved in the ring and the plan was they were going to try to locate a family member who would know who owned the ring, since in all likelihood the original owner was no longer living and the class was relatively small. I never heard any more on this story. I contacted WRNJ and they knew nothing about it. I also contacted the group and never got a reply. Does anyone remember hearing this story or know what the outcome was?

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Oct '17

I believe the ring is in the town museum.

USS Nathan James
Oct '17

Thanks to all for the information.

Jeepers Jeepers
Oct '17

Thank you USS Nathan James. I will check with them to see if it's the same story that I heard.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Oct '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.