Injured Goose at entrance to Panther Valley

Other than Avian Wildlife Center is there anyone else local to help this goose. It was chased by the maintenance man in his golf cart and flew into the side of a car. Now the goose is hiding in tall grass but cannot walk or fly. Colonial Manor said they would help the goose, but now they are reluctant to do anything about it. Avian Wildlife Center said they might be able to get somebody to help the goose, but it can't be today. Suggestions?

animal lover animal lover
Oct '17

You can try One more smith.org
They usually take in cats and dogs but I have seen other animals there being cared for, birds, goats, hamsters etc..

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Oct '17

someone could take it to the raptor trust...

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

I just sent the OP two emails re the goose....waiting to hear back

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

It took a net and towels. Goose is on its way to avian haven in wantage
Thanks animal lover for reaching out

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

You can call antlers ridge. See what they say also.

KellyJ KellyJ
Oct '17

Antler Ridge cares for mammals

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

You should report to pvpoa, how maintenance chased the bird into the car. Otherwise it will just happen again. Maybe barnyard sactuary could help?

KellyJ KellyJ
Oct '17

This is Colonial Manor, I spoke to that manager. I don't think that pvpoa has any control over that part. Thank you 4catmom for your help and transportation. You are always such a good friend to the animals and others.

animal lover animal lover
Oct '17

Although Antler Ridge Wildlife service mostly serves mammals they have had some birds as well.

Justsitting Justsitting
Oct '17

I volunteer at Antler Ridge have have for at least 4 years...............If a bird came to us we would send it on to Avian Haven or the Raptor Trust. Sometimes Kelly will take a farm animal - but not part of the rescue.
The goose has been left in good hands. I will check in the next day or two to see how it's doing.

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Re: Injured Goose at entrance to Panther Valley

here's the goose

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Nice ending!

Nice ending except I would like to chase the maintenance man into a car !!!

Summer Summer
Oct '17

no clue who it was - apparently someone from Colonial Manor - not PV....

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Thank you for always giving of your time for animals 4catmom. Glad the goose will have a safe place to rest and hopefully recover.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

You are a good soul 4catmom; we need more of us around!
Thank you for helping!

Summer Summer
Oct '17

How sad that someone would do that. I will help you Summer with the maintenance man! Thank you 4catmom for helping this poor creature, hopefully it will be ok.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '17

Big fund raiser at Antler Ridge Wildlife Sanctuary this Sunday - if anyone wants details - message me

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

You people are all insane. It's a goose.

LJRubi LJRubi
Oct '17

I reported it to colonial manor. Got mixed reactions from the manager. Ljrubi, it may be just a goose which I disagree with that statement, but what if chasing that goose into the car caused that driver to hit someone walking or anther car and somebody was hurt or killed. What would u say then? All animals are important. Just because you don't care for them should not matter. Try keeping your thoughts to yourself.
Thank you 4catmom for the help. The guard was keeping an eye on it so thank you to her too.

Animal lover Animal lover
Oct '17

Please ignore LJ..not worth it.

Excellent job 4catmom!!!

positive positive
Oct '17

"Just a goose"? Nice! Geese don't feel pain or suffering, I guess....
I'm forever cleaning up fishing line, on the Musky.... for "just animals". I don't know why I bother. Animals don't feel suffering, except humans, huh?
4cat....glad to see the goose, resting comfortably. Thanks to you and animal lover for helping it.

sparksjbc1964 sparksjbc1964
Oct '17

Nice work helping this poor thing.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

If animal lover had not cared so much and made so many efforts to find rescue for the goose, it would probably be dead by the side of the road..............It was because of an interesting series of events that we connected - and two others helped -one bringing be a big box and helping to contain the goose- the other - my spousal facsimile don't anything I asked....A group of people who care about living things
Enough said

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Any updates on how the goose is doing? Please keep us posted!

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Oct '17

Wow imagine if you put that kind of effort into helping maybe a homeless vet instead of a nuisance animal? Geese are aggressive, leave large accumulations of droppings and feathers on play areas and walkways, nutrient loading to ponds, public health concerns at beaches and drinking water supplies, and safety hazards near roads and airports. But no, continue wasting your time saving one. Great job guys.

LJRubi LJRubi
Oct '17

From a man who knows that nursery rhymes are meant to terrify little kids so they behave............

"Me and my goose, Me and my pal
We had some very good times
Me and my goose his name was Al
And he cost only a dime

Over meadows we'd stray, Playing all day, I missed him at night until dawn
Then one day I found he wasn't around, I wondered where Al could have gone

I looked everywhere he just wasn't there, Where could a goose be all day
I miss my pal, I miss my Al, It's sad that things turned out this way

Then mom brought him, I remember her grin
Stuffed with his feet pointed straight
I'll never forget the night that we ate
Al off of the old yellow plate"

Thank you Arlo.......

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Oct '17

Love Arlo - think he's going to be at Mayo this season - and to LJRubi - you have not a clue what others do for others - or donate to help others - but it might be interesting to know if you take your own suggestions

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Mayo In May of next year. Try Carnegie on 11/25 ---- it's always a hoot and not that hard to get to since much of NYC is out for the week end. Get tickets today, if you can. A beloved show. If you snag tickets, give a PM if you need parking advice. Apparently this sounds like a family tour ---- Sarah Lee Guthrie is so, so excellent. Hope he lets her cut loose.

Saw him once at Blair Academy with only Abe and Sarah Lee, like a HS gym.

Saw him with Pete behind the Walpack Inn on a pitch black Fall Night. As the show progressed, a full harvest moon rose over the stage rising over the Delaware Water Gap ridge. Wow, what a spectacle of man and nature as Pete danced his jig.

Oct '17

the goose is hanging in - feisty - too soon to xray the wing - they don't want to stress it out too much - offered food today - but I don't know if it ate....will check in next week....

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Hey, don't blame LJ, not his fault.

He just got goosed.

Oct '17

Having an abundance of geese where I live I noticed a few things. Geese cannot take off from a stand still like other birds. They are like jumbo jets and need a bit of a run before take off. People get so inpatient when they waddle across the street. They mate for life and while one of the pair is eating the other watches for danger. Yes they leave a mess but in today's world we are all leaving this planet in a mess. It hurts my heart when people discount animals for not having pain or feelings. I'm glad the goose is getting better.

Natari Natari
Oct '17

Wow, you are all so amazing, to help the injured goose. So nice to see people go out of their way. All beings matter and should be helped, when the need arises. Thank You!

KellyJ KellyJ
Oct '17

Goose has a broken bone in one leg - splinted - and a broken wing - probably not fixable -
so it will probably never fly again - which makes the need for some safe placement possible

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

thanks for the update!

Place it on my table for Thanksgiving!

LJRubi LJRubi
Oct '17

He is welcome to come live out his days with my chickens. Just drop him off with the next batch of squirrels. ;-)

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

LOL LJRubi.

Rebecka - Very nice of you, as always. Do geese and chickens get along? I have no idea.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

" Do geese and chickens get along?"

I'm sure if not, one of them will cry 'fowl'

They should be fine. I would do a supervised intro, though. Rooster Jerry does have a bit of a 'tude.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Sorry to hear that he won't fly again. Rebecca that is good of u to care for this animal. I wonder where the mate is.

Oct '17

I can picture the goose resting on Rebecka's sofa under a blanket watching cartoons, you are one amazing animal lover Rebecka!!

Molly
Oct '17

Re: Injured Goose at entrance to Panther Valley

Lol Molly - you never know. 4catmom has done all the hard work here, though! She's much more active than I am in wildlife rescue/rehab. Here are some orphaned squirrels she helped raise and delivered to release in our big oak tree earlier this week. They are so much fun to watch I could cancel our cable subscription. And the box decorated by Girl Scouts or 4H'ers... too funny, right?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Oh how cute!

Oct '17

I spoke with someone at the rehab where the goose is. They actually have 3 geese -- and a swan -- who may need homes. Holy cow. Wondering if DH will mind if I turn his koi pond into a waterfowl retirement park... I could always say they just flew in, right?

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

ah ha - got another one hooked - eh Rebecka - It would be great if you could................

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.