Anyone else still have stink bugs?

I still have those darn stink bugs I found 8 of them in my daughters curtians this am. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rid them from my house?

Cherie Cherie Message Cherie
Nov '07

I found one in the curtains too a few days ago. I guess that's where they hibernate! No idea what to do about them.

my parents found one in there house as well and they are really annoying....

Laura Laura Message Laura
Nov '07

If you are finding them in the windows, you probably have some type of gap in your window which you might want to caulk. There was an article in the Ledger a while back and you really can't "exterminate" them.

Kate S. Kate S. Message Kate S.
Nov '07

Yes in my curtains.

awake
Nov '07

FYI
Stink Bugs do not breed inside the structure so you should not be worried about them muliplying in your home. Additionally, stink bugs do not damage the structure and do not cause any harm. They just simply look ugly to many people and to some are a great bother.If you crush a stink bug it will stink, which is where the bug derives it's name from.

I keep finding them in my car.

Shelly Shelly Message Shelly
Nov '07

I also have them in my car, house specially in curtains and near my chandeliers. They also stink if you try to catch them so beware.

I did send them to Rutgers dor that case study mentioned a while back but never heard anything.

Christine Christine Message Christine
Nov '07

I don't see the stink bugs so much anymore...but I've got those Boxelder bugs that are all over the back of the house.

justcurious justcurious Message justcurious
Nov '07

The stinkbugs are mostly gone but now I am overrun by ladybugs!! Never knew they were out this late in the year.

calico696 calico696 Message calico696
Nov '07

I have also seen quite a few ladybugs recently! Weird...I always associated them with the summer. But I never kill them because I think they eat ants and other pests...Plus they keep my cats entertained! lol

KAT KAT Message KAT
Nov '07

I have alot of stink bugs. I find a few daily. Where are they coming from? I've never had them before and my husband and father both told me what they were ( I hadn't a clue ) They are driving me nuts though!!!!!!

hometown gal hometown gal Message hometown gal
Nov '07

There was an article in the Star Ledger a few months back. Something about the stink bugs coming from Pennsylvania, can't exactly remember why.

Dec '07

Oh boy I'll take the ladybugs for my inside plants, besides I like them.

No stinkers or boxers here. They have got to all be dead by now!!!!

i have stink bugs and its January! they were tucked inside my curtains during the summer but this is the first time i have seen one since...they have a thing for fabric...he's walking all over my nightstand which has a fabric cover...they must be metrosexual

i too still have stink bugs. Just saw one last night in my diningroom. I just grab them in a tissue, being careful not to squish it and flush down the toilet but I am sick of them. Will they ever go away ????????

hometown gal hometown gal Message hometown gal
Jan '08

Just found one last night that must have hitched a ride on the dog.

murfee78 murfee78 Message murfee78
Jan '08

They hide in my lights. I really think they like the heat in this time of year. They are so gross........

Jan '08

yessssssss me to I still keep finding and flushing, I am starting to worry about my water bill going up two more today and one yesterday ugh I agree will they everrrrrr go away!!!!

Jan '08

Found three of them in my daughter's bedroom just this afternoon!

awake
Jan '08

Found one in my daughter's bed the other day. I think the warm weather at the beginning of the week got them active again.

Jan '08

OMG! THANK YOU! My husband and I have been going crazy trying to identify these creatures that are lurking in the house, but thanks to your posts I think they are stink bugs and I guess I should panic no longer. They are gross. I wish I knew where they were coming from and WHY!

meadowsmom
Jan '08

Dont worry at all they are actually from the farming area. Rutgers was doing a study about them and I sent one to them.

Jan '08

What does a stink bug look like? We don't have any, but I'm really curious!!

colette colette Message colette
Jan '08

copy and paste the address.
check out the pics... its hard to describe... Brown marmorated stink bugs are mottled brown and about ½-inch long with shield-shaped bodies. Their antennae have alternating dark and light bands across the last two segments. They have patches of coppery or bluish metallic-colored markings on the head and other areas.

or try this for a picture;

http://huffenglish.pbwiki.com/Metamorphosis+Characters

and for more reading on the history , this one:
http://www.nj.com/homegarden/garden/index.ssf/2007/10/plant_talk_stink_bugs_pix.html

DON'T SQUISH IT!!!! EWWWWWWWWW!

AllamuchyBabe
Jan '08

Yeah what ever you do don't squish them...I still am finding them too they have now gone into my bathroom had one yesterday that I thought I got into the toliet to flush next thing I knew was walking on my back yuckkkkkk!!!

Jan '08

I've had them for months! I find about 4 0r 5 a day. I just pick them up and throw them out in the garage. I don't have the heart to throw them out in the cold or flush them. I just don't know where they're coming from! I know, I know.....probably from the garage! LOL

Martha
Jan '08

I have them too. They are agricultural pests that are being studied by Rutgers University. Apparently, they aren't originally from this area but were accidentally introduced from the Orient a fwe years back. To identify and report a sighting:
http://njaes.rutgers.edu/stinkbug/

SandraDee SandraDee Message SandraDee
Jan '08

There a lot of stink bugs in my house too. Back in the summer i found about 6 to 7 a day. Now in January i find about 2 a day. Are they breeding in my house? I find them crawling on walls and in curtains. Every time i see one, i capture it and flush it down the toilet.

Puggs Puggs Message Puggs
Jan '08

Just caught another one last night. Has anyone actually followed the Rutgers link to report a sighting? Do they really contact you to verify like they say they will?

Rob Rob Message Rob
Jan '08

I have followed thru with Rutgers. They e-mailed me and wanted me to send them one so I did. They e-mailed me when they got it and confirmed it was a stink bug.

Jan '08

They are probably looking for a place to winter over like the box edler and ladybugs.

Jan '08

I just found four of them in the house.Personally, I'm getting tired of it.If only there was someway to get rid of them for good!!!

Kelini
Jan '08

Oh my God! I just saw one on my bedroom curtains yesterday. First time I've ever seen one. Luckily, the picture links were great, so I knew better than to squish it:) Thanks.

colette colette Message colette
Jan '08

Yes, I contacted Rutgers and they returned the e-mail, asking for pictures. After I sent them pictures they asked me to send the actual bug in a pill bottle, which I did. They then contacted me to confirm that it was, indeed a stink bug. Everytime I see one I let them know.

Jan '08

i just found two and squashed them both. my family has just left the house because of the smell.really scared saw two more in the fridge. help

billy joe billy joe Message billy joe
Jan '08

I am killing 5-6 a day in my house. I just want them to go away.
Maybe if I just talked to them they'd get the hint and piss off.

Scott
Jan '08

I haven't seen any of these in my house, but now you all got me paranoid!! :) How gross!

Heylady Heylady Message Heylady
Jan '08

Yes and yes...they are in my home. Picked up my pepper mill the other night to season dinner and there was one clinging to the side. I flicked it into the sink...into a bowl of soapy water...it stunk to high heavens!!! and then to make it worse...I went to get a file at work and there was one between 2 invoices. My co-worker found one in her files..it was torn apart by mice (we are in a construction trailer) did not know that mice would eat bugs! Especially stinky ones! :)

jurziegurly
Jan '08

Now killing 2 or 3 a day.

Ridan
Feb '08

yes and where are they coming from????It is Feb. 3rd. in western Pa. They are a pain.They seem to be near windows on the sunny side of my home.But I don't know how they get in. Will we always have them and more? How do we get rid of them? my cat thinks they are fun.I don't.I hope we don't find any other bug species next year...

Colleen  maxon Colleen maxon Message Colleen  maxon
Feb '08

It's so disgusting. I can't believe there's nothing to do about them except flush them! I mean, we don't have any kind of bug spray to kill them, but doesn't Asia (where they originate) have some kind of pest control formula that we can steal?

They're SO gross, I hate them. The other day, THREE were on a picture frame and I grabbed the frame, shook it over the toilet, and flushed them all away. My faint glimmer of hope is that if I keep flushing them whenever I see those ugly, scary things I'll get rid of them all. Unfortunately, they're like the Jacob's Ladder of the bug world....

I wish that someone would do something about these gross things. One time I smushed one at my desk between a CD case and it stunk so bad my eyes burned. It's like a scene from a horror movie when about 26 (no joke) of them were all over my screen. In the summer, I made the mistake of hitting the screen to try to shake them off. Smooth move...my fan was running and great, my whole room stunk!

UGH they're SO GROSS!! Something needs to be done...ugh, PLEASE! I thought the ladybugs were bad when the infested a few years ago..they only stink if you kill them, these things stink all the time.

Gross =(

smin
Feb '08

I'm still seeing them 2 or 3 a week. My youngest cat loves to hunt them. Gives her something to do.

Feb '08

I used a shop vac to get rid of stink bugs and box elders.

PAM PAM Message PAM
Feb '08

I eat stink bugs..........

Just trying to be fu
Feb '08

Yes, My home has recently been infested with stink bugs. We started noticing them in November. THey are really bad now. We find at least 2 a day and we are not looking for them. Mostly on the 2nd floor. I suspect the attic fan as a possible entryway. My son won't sleep in his 2nd floor bedroom.
I have read about them, and we will try and seal with caulk outside. I am disturbed to read how difficult they are to get rid of. Once they use your home for winter hybernation I read that others will pick up the scent and join them next year. OMG! They say don't squish them because the stink notifies other stink bugs. Flush or release outside. If anyone can suggest or knows what to do please let me know. Thankyou.

MGold
Feb '08

Yep, 2nd floor here too, and we can't figure out where they are coming in. I'm finding at least 2 a day, some dead, some about to be! But no squishy 'cause they sinky, just a good flush'll do.

Feb '08

A friend of mine had bed bugs (much worse than stink bugs). When she had her home treated for the bed bugs the stink bugs started coming out of her WALLS. Everywhere. And stunk so bad her dog wouldn't come inside. The exterminator said the treatment for the bed bugs would do that...she has to have treatments for a year. Nothing to do but flush or release.

mamaof3 mamaof3 Message mamaof3
Feb '08

they are so disguisting! it's the middle of feburary but i'm still killing 2 a day. i don't understand where they are coming from in such large numbers. it creeps me out. when they first started i was killing over 15 a day. apparently nobody can exterminate them either, i just flush them whenever i get the chance. EW!

I live on the outskirts of lancaster, PA.

Zack
Feb '08

I've had them in my house all winter...they're just annoying. You find them in the weirdest places...like in between clothes in drawers. Just saw one on my ceiling. I can't kill anything so I just get them to walk onto a piece of paper and throw them out the window. I think they die in the cold. Accidently stepped on one last night...nastiest smell ever! My cats used to try to eat them but learned very quickly that wasn't a good idea.

Emily Emily Message Emily
Feb '08

I know this is a gross question but what do they smell like? Is it like a sulfur type smell or like rotten garbage? I see them every once in a while and I was curious...eeewww!

KAT KAT Message KAT
Feb '08

Yes, I found two yesterday and, like Emily, got them to get on a paper towel and threw them outside. YUCK!! My cat was fascinated with the bugs also, but I got them scooped up quickly as I was afraid of the smell if she ever caught it. I wish they would just go away!!

Mrs. Resident Mrs. Resident Message Mrs. Resident
Feb '08

I too have them this winter. Most days I find at least one or two hanging around. Never had 'em before and they are pissing me off. An article that I read said that you need to get the exterior of your home sprayed thoroughly in late summer to keep them away. Plug up/caulk cracks and such. Once they have been in your home, they know to return because of the scent left by their comrades. On a side note, the bizarre foods guy on the Food Network advised me that these are a delicacy in Mexico. They put them on tacos, eat them alive like popcorn. Uggghh. I just threw up in my mouth a little......

Larry Jones Larry Jones Message Larry Jones
Feb '08

OK, it's getting worse and I have just about had it now with these stink bugs. I see 4 or 5 a day now, usually dead since my cats get to them first. In addition, we seem to have a healthy population of box elder bugs and ladybugs (not the kind on this forum). Has anyone else's population increased in the last few weeks?

Apr '08

Yes, I've definitely had a lot of stink bugs lately! BLECH!

Yes stink bugs and elder bugs. I spring cleaned this weekend and have a vacuum full. BTW they dont like it and spray that smell. SO now my vacuum stinks.

Apr '08

I must be on a break from them I haven't seen any in about a week, maybe the warm weather is keeping them outside. I can only hope :) . They are the ugliest things.

Apr '08

Just cleaned my bathroom. Found 2 in the shower...yuck!

Apr '08

sigh... yes :( Wynnewood, PA... and now I'm finding them dead, their little legs bent and pointing skyward. Who knew the darn things die on their backs?

They just go inside for the winter months to hibernate.Them and the Asian beetle things..they congragate in the corners of the windows and walls. Its getting warmer now and they are starting to stir.As we all are. Spring is near!

Chuck Chuck Message Chuck
Apr '08

Clearly the best way to address the issue is to eat them. They taste like chicken and are a delicacy in some countries. Bon appetite!

jake
Apr '08

I haven't seen any since the end of summer but I found one on top of my sons crib just now and ran to the Internet to see how to get them the heck out.

Rasheedah Rasheedah Message Rasheedah
Apr '08

My son moved to Hackettstown in February of this year off of RT.517. He just complained to me about finding stink bugs in his house. I think he said 3 or 4 of them. On curtains,couch, etc. I mentioned I read other people in Hackettstown have been complaining recently on this forum about them. Anyone with input on what to do about them.

Roxbury25 Roxbury25 Message Roxbury25
Apr '08

I thought these things were supposed to move out in the spring...found 3 more this week ugh!! will they ever go away?

Apr '08

Does ANYONE have a solution for these dasterdly (sp?) disgusting creatures?!?!

I know we paid to spray in the Fall, but it did absolutely nothing to deter them from coming into my house and hanging around outside.

Everywhere I turn I see them and it's just such an awful feeling - it stops me in my tracks and I run to get a tissue or paper towel with which to handle them. But I'm getting really sick of them.

Are they like cockroaches in the sense that you can't ever get rid of them once you have them? They do look pretty prehistoric . . . and the smell - whew!!!

I just hate co-habitating with insects - that's all.

happy2bhere happy2bhere Message happy2bhere
Apr '08

just found one in my toilet bowl! ewwww

I think the reason you're seeing more is the bugs are trying to move out for the warm weather. I would suggest in the fall looking over the house and sealing any cracks that they can't into. We've had quite a few box elder bugs and occasional stink bugs. They all gross me out!

Apr '08

why do all you people hate stink bugs? they actually smell really good, kind of like fruit juice. they are also cute and slow. so why do you say ewwww and BLECH? why do you obsessively report every instance of a stink bug in your homes? this just doesn't make any sense to me...

concerned
Apr '08

Im concerned over concerned!!

Apr '08

We have lady bugs and these weevil things...neither of them harm us or our home so I "rehome" them outside. My cats however find great joy in hunting down stink bugs and trying to eat them...which makes them foam at the mouth and sneeze...doesn't stop them from trying to eat them over and over again though.

BabyFireFly
Apr '08

Agreeing with concerned. I moved to PA three years ago. I was charmed with these beautiful beetles that I had never seen before, with their placid demeanour, and their amazing ability to magically appear in my closets.

They're impressive when they fly! They're so clumsy, you can watch them like a slow motion film. No flitting and buzzing for the stink bug. They move more like an overloaded rescue helicopter. And they so much seem to want to get into the house! The first place I stayed in PA, they clustered around the light by front door, and did all they could to slip inside whenever I opened it.

I have never smelt the smell. I was in PA for 18 months before I found out what they were. A coworker visited my house, and I said, "Look at this gorgeous beetle!", and she said "EEEWWW!! That's a stink bug!" I must admit I don't have a great sense of smell, but I can absolutely smell nasty milk, sewage, rotten fish, dog plop, cowsheds, mouldy cabbage and well-used litter-boxes, so I would have thought I could have detected the stink bug's odour. After reading this forum, I understand that they only stink when crushed. Luckily I never felt the need to crush 'em! I held those little stink bugs in my hand, let them crawl on me, picked 'em up on a piece of paper and put them outside on a bush. Ignorance is bliss!

Pooter
Apr '08

My car seems to be infested. Anyone know how to get rid of them? I know they are harmless but they are so scary looking and when they pop up while I am driving, I freak and don't want to end up in an accident.

Michele Michele Message Michele
May '08

I've had 2 that appeared inside on my bedroom window in the past week. We just take them outside...I don't like them in my house but they are kinda cool looking...they look prehistoric!!

KAT KAT Message KAT
May '08

We replaced our french doors and had to replace the siding around it. When we took the siding off a load of stink bugs came out. Now I know why they were in the house all winter. YUK!

May '08

I thought now that it is getting warmer they would have all gone back outdoors...nope I have got 3 of them this week, one in my daughters room and 2 in my bathroom.I wonder if an exterminator could answer these questions???I agree with Christine YUK!!!but I guess they are better then this big guy I found in my basement last summer

May '08

ong Cherie - is that a tarantula? I would have been freaking out...Has anyone every seen cave crickets? Now those are scary!!

KAT KAT Message KAT
May '08

I have to say I never heard of cave crickets until my son who is a mason was talking about them under old porches and places that were damp. Two years ago I saw them under my wooden deck where it is damp. Last year I found them in my basement and I freaked out. I went to the dollar store and found mouse sticky pads, stuck them under things and low on walls in basement. Every day there were more and more stuck on the pads. Haven't seen any this year yet. And I am hoping to God I don't. They are nasty and scary looking and jump extremely far.

roxpat
May '08

Okay its freaking me out just looking at these pictures! EEEWWWWW!!!!!

May '08

Kat... I am not sure what kind of spider it is I tried looking it up online but didn't find one that matched excactly. I thought it was a hair ball from my cat(sorry) but noooooo big meaty spider. That is a sharpie marker next to it on the floor.Still have no idea where it came from.

May '08

Cherie, that almost looks like a brown recluse spider. Be careful they can bute and cause a reaction.

May '08

Cave crickets, huh? I guess that's what I had in my shed last year. Hundreds of them. At least it seemed that way. Every time I opened the shed door, I'd have to wait a few minutes before I went in to give them time to get where they were going.

Anyone know if the do damage? Guess I should look it up on the internet.

Slade Slade Message Slade
May '08

The Cave Cricket may be the most deeesgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. They jump about 6 feet off the ground and they can make it up steps. Every hair on my arms stands straight up when I think about them. Their bodies are actually pretty small - but it's those ewwwwy long legs and antennae that make them look as big as butterflies. Thank goodness my dog used to like catching them before they got to me.

I read that they eat cloth and they love the dampness. We cut down on them to almost nothing once we put a dehumidifier in the basement.

Ewww, now I'm going to be looking everywhere I walk tonight.

2cutedoggies 2cutedoggies Message 2cutedoggies
May '08

We had cave crickets in my parents basement when I was younger. I was so scared to go down there. They are huge!

KAT KAT Message KAT
May '08

I just flushed 3 of those smelly bastards tonight. I swear, I've been dealing with this fraking Stinkbugs for about a year now, and I'm still haven't got use to them. What I hate the most isn't the smell, but how big and clumsy they are, on top of that, they're insanely loud which I hate. I wonder why they just reappeared, this was my first time in about 2 weeks seeing some and they come squad deep.

Philadelphia, PA

Alpha Kenny One
May '08

I see a few of teh stinkbugs a day in my house. The Rutgers Cooperative Extension in Belvidere confirmed what they are. Unfortunately, they said there's nothing you can do about them (other thann try to keep them out of your house), however, they do not cause damage.

wanderlust
May '08

Stinkbugs love fruit trees. They will overwinter in your house -- so if you have fruit trees nearby, examine them for the stinkbug babies & eggs -- there are pictures of the eggs & the babies on the Rutgers site (google stinkbug and nj) Otherwise, the only way to keep them out of your house/car/garage is to seal up cracks. Once they start appearing, open a window to get rid of them -- they won't live in your attic in the summer.

Sammy Jenkins Sammy Jenkins Message Sammy Jenkins
May '08

I found this site after posting a "sighting" on the Rutgers AG website. We are in Hunterdon County, NJ (near Flemington) and I flushed 6 of the stinky things tonight alone. Does anyone know if they are really only attracted to fruit trees, or is it other types of trees and wheat also? We have 3 apple trees on our property, but live next to woods and across the street from a field where winter wheat is grown. I'm surprised at people posting about their cats going after them. Our cats love to play "get the buggie," except with stinkbugs. I tell them "get the bug" and they just sit and look at me with these eyes that say "Noooooo, not going to get the nasty bug!"

Instead of sending the stinkers to Rutgers in pill bottles, why don't we send our pill bottles back to China? Ugh, I hate these bugs!

Scrumfussel Scrumfussel Message Scrumfussel
Jun '08

yes,yes,yes
my dog eats them and gets sick. cats leaves them alone
everything stinks.......

yellowwolf yellowwolf Message yellowwolf
Sep '10

they sleep with you, go to the bathroom with you, go to work in the car with you,Think we could put a collar on them and sell them as pets? LOL

yellowwolf yellowwolf Message yellowwolf
Sep '10

I hate them. they are just gross and weird. I am a little scared of them cause there shape and colors. ugghh. they are just gross and annoying.

vincent vincent Message vincent
Sep '10

I had 30 stink bugs on my curtains. They only go to the lightest curtains. See thru. I hate them

riverat riverat Message riverat
Sep '10

lol yellowwolf! They do go everywhere with you. Nothing like one in your pants and you get to work smelling like that awful smell

Meeeee
Sep '10

I had (note... HAD) one small tree next to the house where the branches touched the lower roof and gutter. I just had it cut down. I read that stink bugs gain entry from tree branches.

It's an invasion...they are everywhere!!! I just heard that someone got bit by one so beware! Iris

Iris
Sep '10

Man, you guys are talking about so few. My neighbor claims she and her husband drown about a hundred a night. I don't have quite that many, but sure have a lot. I have new windows and have caulked everything before they came. They came in when I'd open the door in the afternoon. I'd come home and they'd be all over the door and surrounding walls.

Now the heater is on they are coming out. I actually bit one the other day. I was eating some nuts while reading, put one in my mouth, bit, not a nut. Kind of a vinegary/ammonia taste.

I rarely smell them, so can mash them. My husband never smells them. I vacuum, step on, swat, whatever. They are driving me nuts. My dog goes around and eats them off the carpet after I step on them. Hasn't gotten sick. I just reached for my soda, one was on the can.

Kass Kass Message Kass
Jan '11

omg Kass i would die if i bit into one lol

yes I still get them, usually i see 1 a day but its January, so crazy. They freak me out.

icicle icicle Message icicle
Jan '11

icicle - It's January here, but you never know with the internet if anyone ever actually reads where they're posting. Kass might be from some place where it's 60 degrees today. ;-)

Oh thank God - I thought it was only me, I was starting to think what the heck. I find at least two or three a day, they are maddening

bff hackettstown
Jan '11

This is really weird that you mention this. I just killed one of these stinkers an hour or two ago.... crawling on the window sill. I have only seen one or maybe two of these bugs in my house ever. I was really surprised to pull back my thermal drape and see this rather large, ugly bug there in the middle of a freezing cold night in January. Naturally, I smacked it with a magazine...and yes, it did smell. Yuck.

dr2mom dr2mom Message dr2mom
Jan '11

I find clusters of dead ones on the wood that was split. I make sure I bang each log before tossing it on the cart to bring in the house. We have found one or two alive in the past few weeks. One was just sitting on a plant. Down the toilet they go.

blackcat blackcat Message blackcat
Jan '11

i had one in my house today..

darlughh darlughh Message darlughh
Jan '11

found two in my tea cup that was left on the table overnight.

i flushed them.

we get about two or three a day in our house in the dead of winter,

and for GC - we are in the area and it is not 60 degrees , but i am glad that you don't have any in your hosue, they are a pain!

BrotherDog
Jan '11

I still kill about 10 a day, everyday. Nasty feakin bugs

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Jan '11

I also have stinkbugs STILL. I thought by now they would be gone. Summer was real bad, now I sometimes find 3 a day.

pgoble pgoble Message pgoble
Jan '11

I find about 2 or 3 a day........My dogs find them first. LOL!

Jan '11

Just started seeing them yesterday. Two so far.

copygirl copygirl Message copygirl
Jan '11

Yep - 2 for me today too.

Jan '11

we feed them to our Venus Fly traps...when we catch them...

oldman oldman Message oldman
Jan '11

old man - I think you should win a prize for the most inventive way of getting rid of them!

lola lola Message lola
Jan '11

We hadn't seen them for awhile, now we've had 3 of them in the last 2 days.

Bessie Bessie Message Bessie
Jan '11

Stink bugs are very temperature driven. They try to find a warm place to winter over. And if it gets warm unexpectedly, they wake up thinking it's spring.

Kind of like the anti-snow bunnies around here. ;-)

oldman - Are you sure your name isn't Seymour...

i just fed one more to the Venus Flytrap...and no my name is not Seymour...these bugs are relentless...and i do not like having any type of bugs in my home...how can it be with this kind of weather...with every door and window shut... tightly...that more stink bugs find their way into my home...

Jan '11

oldman - They don't find their way in now. They're already there and exceptionally good at hiding. It's just the higher temp brings them out.

And are you sure, you're not Seymour. You're feeding a plant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRN39oifsE

Two more again today. Didn't have this many inside the house during the summer months.

Jan '11

A friend of ours lives in Annandale, and he has hundreds living in his honeycomb type (insulated) shades. They crawl into the openings and he can't get them out! Talk about disgusting!!!

USAfirst
Jan '11

if you save them rhey make a nice soup

Caged Animal Caged Animal Message Caged Animal
Jan '11

GC...heres a video you might like... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRVfGMjdGh8

Jan '11

Found another one last night. Trying to get our new young cat to understand that this is part of her job description:)

Jan '11

I have had several over the last week, used to do catch and release, NO MORE! I stuck my hand in my pocket and two were crawling around, one was on my head last nite, went to use the rest of pasta in a box, one was in there, it is either me or them at this point. Man hunt in progress, vac them up and toss the bag in a sealed plastic bag.

sandy t sandy t Message sandy t
Jan '11

We still have them too...............they are everywhere! When my husband vacs them up........they release their stink! gotta just grab in T-paper and flush quick!

Curly Curly Message Curly
Jan '11

Great movie, Oldman...and so true! The stink bugs are invading us and taking over the world!!!

Iris Iris Message Iris
Jan '11

makes me start to itch thinking about them....

Few days ago - one of those little (()*)*@()#*$ers decided take a fatal swim in my steaming hot cup of coffee.

Now We have to clean out our light fixtures weekly -seems they like to fry there.

htown newbie htown newbie Message htown newbie
Jan '11

I just found a stink bug in my kitchen. It scared the crap out of me. Tried catching it but it flew WTF. is it supposed to fly???

OMG STINKBUGSSS
Jan '11

They seem to like the light and hot of lights. Yes they fly. And yes I still am killing at least 10 a day. In the middle of winter I have 10 cant imagine what it will be like this summer.......

Just Asking Just Asking Message Just Asking
Jan '11

A dead one must have come in on the wood. Found it in front of the stove. Got one in the bathroom the other day...yuck.

Jan '11

When I removed my room AC this Fall they started coming out of all the vents - easily 50 or so began crawling out. Needless to say I threw out the new AC.... Can't wait for the Spring - some people don't seem to mind them but I just can't come to terms with them.

ERM ERM Message ERM
Jan '11

I'm killing at least 10 to 15 a day myself . It's real hard to believe in the dead of winter. Did they really get tracked to some truck from Allentown PA ?? I already killed one that landed close to my crotch in the shower the other day and i'm so aggravated with these pests. I'm at the point where i don't care how much they stink ! I will smush them or kill them with my bare hands any way i can

fed up
Jan '11

I had one fall in my soup yesterday.

Yes, I still ate the soup, after I saved the poor thing and wiped him off between a napkin and my fist on the table. #! POP !#

embryodad
Jan '11

My Boston Terrier finds them kinda crunchy with a nutty after taste. LOL

SlapTheCat SlapTheCat Message SlapTheCat
Jan '11

DH so romatically left one in the commode for me yesterday morning. Blech!

3wbdwnj
Jan '11

Rachel Ray Show will be about stink buys tomorrow.

Conrad's Mom Conrad's Mom Message Conrad's Mom
Jan '11

just fed another one to the venus flytrap..enjoy this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfm3_BMinhg&playnext=1&list=PLFDE8B496DB9CEFBS

Feb '11

We have stink bugs in our bathroom, along with lady bugs. I can deal with the lady bugs, but not the stink bugs! They are so ugly and so big. Please give me help to how we can get rid of these pests.

I typed in "How to get rid of stink bugs" online and some good websites came up..I hate the buggers..they look like dive bombers when they fly around my dining room ceiling light..ick

reedfamily reedfamily Message reedfamily
Feb '11

They (the stinky ones) have decided to taunt me and move some of their friends into my car. Guess my house is getting too overcrowded for them. lol.

Sunshine : ) Sunshine : ) Message Sunshine : )
Feb '11

Clyde was just saying that he's found 5 of them in the last week. So I guess it's safe to say we still have them.

Feb '11

Found three over the last two weeks...maybe four since my cat had stinkbug breath....

jjmonth4 jjmonth4 Message jjmonth4
Feb '11

i just found a DEAD stink bug...apparently they do die...i have no patience to do an autopsy...i have no idea what they feed on...but yes they do die...of what?

Feb '11

Finding stink bugs in the middle of winter. Cant believe it.

riverrat riverrat Message riverrat
Feb '11

just got off of the phone with a relative from Georgia...they have stink bugs there also

Feb '11

I accidently left a little collantro on my counter last nite, there was a stink bug feeding on it this morning.

Feb '11

I swear "mine" are ninja stink bugs. I was preparing my coffeee put the filter in the basket turned around to get the coffee and one was sitting on the top of the basket !?!

ERM ERM Message ERM
Feb '11

2 or 3 every day. At least.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub Message JeffersonRepub
Feb '11

My family room totally stinks right now. Daisy was playing with a stink bug. Pheeeewww!

Calico696 Calico696 Message Calico696
Feb '11

UGGGGGGGHHHHHH I hate those things!

step one grab tissue
step two grab bug using tissue
step three throw bug in toilet
step four watch it try to flee for its life
step five shout insults at it
step six when you are satisfied, flush it down the toilet

DA STINKBUG HATER DA STINKBUG HATER Message DA STINKBUG HATER
Mar '11

I live in an old house with the original windows, I haven't looked but there probably are gaps between the window and the wall. The Stink bugs LOVE my bedroom only! To hear them hitting the TV when I'm laying in bed at night is creeping me out. But like everyone else, I catch and flush because squishing them is even worse!

Katie
Mar '11

I wonder where all those stink bug carcasses go after they're flushed. Is there a huge stinkin' pile of dead stinkbugs somewhere where the sewer lines empty out???????

collegeviewrider collegeviewrider Message collegeviewrider
Mar '11

A stink bug pile, gowad that would smell HORRIBLE!! A container of hot sudsy water, place stink bugs in, wait less than 1 min then toss or flush. Since I have been on a hunt for them and keeping up with annilation I see less and less. They did seem to hide in the old window frames during winter. They also didnt seem hungry in the winter, now it seems like they will munch on a variety of stuff so dont leave any crumbs around.
Would ya believe my friends in New Orleans did not know what they were. Should I send them some???

Mar '11

Last month I purchased this to catch the little buggers.
Works better than expected, and has a great telescopic hose.
Reaching them is easy, disposing of them easy, too.
http://www.amazon.com/BugZooka-Bug-Catcher-Vacuum-Humanely/dp/B003168P16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299096521&sr=8-1

Even my 5yo uses it instead of running to me.

sttp
Mar '11

Had one today at my office. Die stink bugs die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunshine Sunshine Message Sunshine
Mar '11

They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!! Gotta love foreigners bringing in crap from their native lands. Stink bugs, bed bugs, etc. What's old is new! I remember the good ol' days when people came to this country legally and were deloused, etc. No more! I do what I want!

Bruin Bruin Message Bruin
Mar '11

Listen i know this isn't my conversation to ingage in but i couldn't help over hearing that so many of you are still struggling with stinkbug problems believe it or not these termites orginated all the way from china and some how managed to make there way here. The problem is that so many people are not disposing of these little monsters the proper way, not only does squishing these little devils have a fowel odor but the scent they release attracts more of its species as well. Luckily i have a solution of my own that seems to be working out great when it comes to these pest & the best part is its free! its quite simple actually all you need is a jar i personally use & empty pickle jar but any container with a lid should work in the jar pour in some rubbing alcohal & water and you got yourself a death rap for these beast. Note never pick up a stink bug with your bare hands some of the stuff they release is poisnous to the skin and cause a reaction i learned that the hard way just simply grab the bottom part of the container place it where the stink bug will fall into it if you must use the lid to slide these babys in there and dont forget to put the cap on it after a few days empty out the container the stink bugs will be dead and the best part is you want smelll there stench, hope this helps(:

Brittany Brittany Message Brittany
Jun '11

nope they've disappeared, not even any representations of their bodies are left. Now it seems the little beetles are back instead of the stink bugs

Nike
Jun '11

Had one on our sliding door yesterday. Fortunately it was outside. Up until a few weeks ago, they were still coming in our living room through the fireplace door cracks. Dreading the Fall!

LocalMom LocalMom Message LocalMom
Jun '11

Found a dead one behind the sofa. Other then that they seem to be gone. Thank God!

Mona Mona Message Mona
Jun '11

One on the kitchen floor yesterday...one here and there but that's it.

Jun '11

No more. I had hundreds last summer but now in July there. Is none around my house
I will like to kow where they went PS. I don't miss them

umberto
Jul '11

My sister lives in Maryland and she finds a colony of stink bugs in her home, this makes me reconsider whether or not I want to move there. Howeever I just read an article that they are on their way to GA, looks like I am doomed either way. lol

Lena Lena Message Lena
Oct '11

Moved a storage container in the garage attic and found a whole mess of them....ew.
Found that they are getting flush resistant now.

Oct '11

Lena - they are everywhere. Brother lives in NC and they had them. No escaping!

mona mona Message mona
Oct '11

I have found maybe 3 in the house over the last month. I did go up into the attic and close any possible entries for the little buggers I could find. They definitely aren't all over the outside of my house like they were last year!

I built one of those "2-liter bottle & an LED" traps, put it up in the attic, for a month now, haven't caught anything. I hope it's because they aren't getting in in the first place.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub Message JeffersonRepub
Oct '11

Re: Anyone else still have stink bugs?

I saw that they were coming from the chimmney and turning that on revealed about 50 of them and seemed to get rid of them for a few weeks.
But yeah now it's so bad I have two of them stuck in my television and they crawl across the screen occasionally. I don't know how to get them out. XP

Jaime Jaime Message Jaime
Nov '11

This is not something to JOKE about! I can't go to sleep ,I'm so afraid since they are in my bedroom,on my bed post. I sprayed with bleach covered with a paper cup till it died and threw out the window. two of them, another I flushed.I look for them but don't find them, then they just show up . Where the F$#@ are they hiding. Why are they crawling and flying in my bedroom? Does anyone ever have a real soultion?
Damn, 1st. the freaking bed bug scare now this. What next? I heard they will bite or sting us. I just won't go in my bed,they may crawl on me under my blanket. God help me.

Nyer Nyer Message Nyer
Jan '12

Nyer: Here's a video on how to make a home made trap for the little stinkers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwUuHhWYvDA

dr2mom dr2mom Message dr2mom
Feb '12

Nyer - they don't bite or sting. They do creep me out too. They like to hide, dorment, in the curtains, in the creases. The other night I was sleeping and heard one buzz past my head. The cat jumped up and was looking all around. So I had to get up, put the light on and hunt the little sucker down, because I knew he was in the room and didnt want him landing on me. One time I put on a pair of jeans and was sitting in the kitchen and felt something on my leg, inside the jeans. I just reached down and scratched and didnt pay attention. Then 10 secs. later, felt it again and when I reached down to scratch it, I felt a bump. I ripped off those jeans so fast and sure enough it was a stink bug. OMG! Almost died. You can make one of those traps, which I plan on doing also. That will help. I dont think we will ever be able to get rid of the totally. They hide in places inside that you will never know. Good luck! Maybe we need to start a STINK BUG group and meet once a week to get over our fear. LOL!

mona mona Message mona
Feb '12

I am being bombarded with stink bugs and lady bugs. I pulled out my stored winter clothing and they had eaten through some of the clothes and put holes in them. I did not know they could do that but did my research and found out they do. My home is clean and at first I was embarrashed about this but it has nothing to do with cleanliness but just that they get through little places in our home. They also come in when you open your door or have holes in your screens. They fly then land on whatever. I have no idea how to get rid of them. A friend of mine who smokes told me that he and his wife have no problem with them in their garage. Interestingly enough, nicotine is suppose to be something the bugs hate and my friends smoke in their garage. They do not smoke in their home and have them in the home but not the garage. Interesting! Any ideas of what I can do. They bugs totally gross me out but they are ruining my clothes. They will eat through your curtains.

dianna watts dianna watts Message dianna watts
Nov '12

they are all over my house on the outside... One of us will go out with a small container filled with about a half inch of water and a half inch of detergent soap... we just go around and collect them in the container..very easy to do... they die almost immediately... some of them actually fly right in.... almost like catching fire flies LOL... sometimes catch 40 - 50 at a time... this has actually helped......

Terrie Terrie Message Terrie
Oct '13

For outside. Fill a small container with Garlic Powder (not salt) and a small amount of water.
put near doors , windows etc.
Been keeping them away.

Hackettstown Wife Hackettstown Wife Message Hackettstown Wife
Oct '13

If you have them on the outside they will soon be inside so I had Cavanaugh's from Flanders come out & power spray the entire outside of my house. Day 2 since the spray mounds of DEAD stinkers around the outside of the house!!! But 1 drawback you will have to do your windows as they spray everywhere, but mine tilt in to clean so no worries for me, but used gloves since they were sprayed with the magic stink bug eliminator juice.. Good Luck!

GMmom GMmom Message GMmom
Oct '13

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Anyone else still have stink bugs?
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Your Web Site (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.