Dog Groomers

I know this has been On time after time, but where are the best places? Courtney has been closed at around 3 the past few times I have gone by even Pet smart won't take my dog as he is 14. Anyone know of a mobile groomer in the are? Thanks!

Cellomom Cellomom
Sep '17

Doggie Styleash is wonderful.

animal lover animal lover
Sep '17

Cortney is great with all dogs. She dealt with my dog from age 6 thru 15 1/12 yrs. He was a bit temperamental with grooming ( history before me unknown) and she worked diligently at conquering his fears and later worked with him with as he slowed down. She is well worth trying to get into. She may have left due to her daughter having a game. If you can, pop in in the morning or call the number. She also posts her calendar so that you can see when she is off.

Virginia Virginia
Sep '17

I second Doggie Styleashes. Sabine was wonderful with my 14 year old hound. She even put her back in my car since I'm also old and couldn't lift 70 lbs. She did an excellent job of bathing and drying her and clipping her nails.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Sep '17

Hi, We use Michele the Loving Groomer.She comes into your house. We have two Miki's. She cleans up and is fabulous. Her number is 908-441-8545, Very reasonable too!

annuniz annuniz
Sep '17

Cortney is the best. Since grooming is done by appointment she closes shop once the last dog goes home.

Nosila Nosila
Sep '17

I second Michelle! She's been wonderful with our small, sometimes difficult dog.

Canine Clips in Newton, rt 206. Reasonably priced and great care.

Terri Terri
Sep '17

Just putting in here not to use Petsmart. Tried all of them around here and cannot find one to do a decent job or the job I specify. Just gave Newton petsmart a second chance and I will be washing the dog myself this coming week. Never washed the ears or face and didn't brush her teeth. 90$ service and not all the work was done.

Also, how do you tip on this (new to having someone wash my animals). Are you really doing 20% on a 90$ bath? If so I'll be opening a shop only on weekends.

younggen younggen
Sep '17

We just had Michelle from The Loving Groomer come and was wonderful with my puppy. I can't recommend her enough. Thanks for the tip that she came to the house. She is exactly what we've been looking for!

puppy mom puppy mom
Oct '17

Tipping has gotten way out of hand. Half of these groomers are owner operated so they "should not" be tipped but try that & see if you can get an appointment for the next time you need service. Best advise to service providers (O/O or companies with employees)...decide your service fee then build in the tip. Be clear to the customer that NO TIPS ARE NEEDED.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Oct '17

I bought a nice WAHL grooming set/clippers on Amazon for about $50. It came with a great instructional DVD and I watched a few videos on youtube for my exact breed. Best thing I ever did, I can do a great job now by myself in about 30 minutes (60 with the bath) and save $60 a month or so. Easy peasy.

I use All Paws Inn - they always do a great joy and very reasonable prices

Kate S Kate S
Oct '17

Michelle from The Loving Groomer is fantastic. She's professional, cleans up when she's done, and so gentle and caring with dogs.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Oct '17

I called Michelle and she was wonderful! My dog even behaved.

Acl74 Acl74
Oct '17

Michelle is the daughter of a good friend - so glad people are pleased with her

4catmom 4catmom
Oct '17

I love Michelle the loving groomer I had her for awhile but we moved to Nc so I'm stuck with petsmart again until I find someone here that's better then petsmart

NCCoastalgirl NCCoastalgirl
Oct '17

I’m in desperate need for a mobile dog groomer in the area or at least a salon where they’d be the last two dogs in when theres no other dogs around. My dogs can’t be around other dogs. I’ve contacted five and not one has called back. I have two large dogs that need to be groomed. One is an 85 lbs husky and the other is a 55 lbs mixed breed. I can’t take them to a place with other dogs so taking them to a salon is out of the question, unless they’re the only two dogs there while they’re being groomed, which I understand is unrealistic. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aladdin Kennels (908) 735-4661 is located by Spruce Run Reservoir, has the cheapest prices when it comes to boarding and the owner is a wonderful groomer. She has been in the business 40+ years. She actually started the mobile grooming van business in the 1970's before opening her kennel. I have been taking my animals there for 30+ years. I have never been disappointed or broken the bank when I have left.

Unknown
Dec '18

I think you could arrange with Evelyn's in Washington to just have your dogs there.

maja2 maja2
Dec '18

Unfortunately neither will do it. So frustrating. I don’t know what to do.

IHad, you have not called us at Classy Lassies Mobile Pet Spa. We would have returned your call within 24 hours.
What type is the other mixed breed? We may be able to help, and have 5 Star reviews across the board. Call 973 335 7080 and ask fo Joni. Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/classylassiesmobile/

http://www.classylassiesmobilespa.com/

HLamuses me, "Tipping has gotten way out of hand. Half of these groomers are owner operated so they "should not" be tipped but try that & see if you can get an appointment for the next time you need service. Best advise to service providers (O/O or companies with employees)...decide your service fee then build in the tip. Be clear to the customer that NO TIPS ARE NEEDED."

Perhaps that is why us groomers who own our businesses always screen their customers (yes, it IS true we screen) and many of us are not taking on many new customers! It is rude and insensitive to think that just because someone owns a business, they do not deserve to receive tips! If anything, owners of mobile dog grooming businesses are the most dedicated groomers to their customers and much of our tips go back towards supplies, dog treats and bandanas for the puppies, etc. and will give your dog the best service and you are paying for their caring and experience. I personally will never groom your dog after hearing this. Share your real name and we will all know for the better.. Classy Lassies

PS Cellomom, if you believe in Stellar 5 Star service and DO believe in tipping a dog grooming owner for great service, then please do call us- we would love to come out and groom your puppy! www.classylassiesmobilespa.com

Wow AJMS
That post was from 2017.
Not a good look

Dirtydog Dirtydog
Dec '18

I actually left you guys a message on Facebook a few hours ago. I left pictures of the puppers.

Also, I fully believe in tipping groomers especially if they take good care of my babies.

I was just looking to cause trouble. I’m not a very good internet troll lol my apologies.
I like your fun attitude
Doggystyle is the only way to go!

Dirtydog Dirtydog
Dec '18

What about Scrub a dub Doggie on Main St? Nobody mentioned that groomer but she does a really good job ..

Ginger Ginger
Dec '18

Don't worry Classy Lassie - you seem extremely rude so I wouldn't call you to touch my dog anyway. What is so wrong with my suggestion of having the tip built into your price?? An owner/operator shouldn't be reliant on external tipping to purchase supplies etc. Just charge the appropriate price. I've utilized other O/O for various services and more often than not they declined to accept tips.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Dec '18

Has Doggie Styleash moved or closed ?

moved , across from Hackettstown hardware.

ROBBY BABY ROBBY BABY
Apr '20

Maxwell & Molly's Closet, Spring Street, Newton.
Ask for Paulina, make an appointment.

Nancy McCabe Nancy McCabe
Apr '20

Scrub a Dub is fantastic. I had eledery dogs she was wonderful with. We went to her for many years. Right on Main St.

4of4
Apr '20

Wouldn’t recommend scrub a dub. Took my dog there n was watching from the outside as she was yanking the knots out of my dog so much she was yelping. I’m so mad at myself till today for not busting in pulling her out of there. She was the sweetest dog I ever had n I witnessed that.

If your dog was that matted, you are brushing, combing, or grooming her. It’s cruel to the dog to let it get so badly knotted/matted.

4of4
May '20

I brought my Shih Tzu, Holly to Scrub- A-Dub Doggie on Tuesday. I was so happy they were allowed to open with social distancing, masks and only one dog at a time in the shop. When I dropped Holly off she honestly looked like Cousin It, from the old The Adam’s Family show. When I returned she appeared so much smaller and so beautiful. She had a pretty bandana and her bow was hooked on her collar. Lori has always been so kind to all of my dogs over the years. I highly recommend her business. She really does a wonderful job.
She did maintain social distancing, I placed Holly between 2 gate style 1/2 doors. We were both masked. When I returned I left payment on a little box and retrieved Holly from my side.
Holly appears very happy, prancing about, I think she is happy that tremendous amount of hair was gone!!

SusanC SusanC
May '20

4of4. Sorry but my dog was not matted or knotted. She was wet after a bath n saw with my own eyes how rough she was being combed. Thank god I arrived early never went back.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.